You can tell you're counting calories when...

Options

Replies

• mcflat29
    mcflat29 Posts: 2,159 Member
    Options
    You eyeball a snack but know you'd have to post it on MFP where your friends can see and change your mind.
  • mcflat29
    mcflat29 Posts: 2,159 Member
    Options
    When you cry and walk away when someone orders buffalo wings at the bar.

I did that the other day when a pizza delivery guy went by.. LOL
  • hottiebikerchick
    hottiebikerchick Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    You can't eat until you log it into MFP!!!!!!!
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    I've made it so my wife hates shopping with me now :) I look at every label, and we've put plenty of stuff back because I won't eat it. 300 cal's a slice of texas toast is just not worth it :D
  • poodlepaws
    poodlepaws Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    This has to be my absolute favorite topic and all I have to say is this....

ALL OF THE ABOVE!
  • Jesstruhan
    Jesstruhan Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    HA! So true. Only my chocolate is in the cupboard. COLD chocolate tends to separate from its milkfat and it gets powdery and not quite as tasty. It becomes sad, sad chocolate.

Here is another:
    When you open a bag of Cheetos and know exactly how many calories is in each one.
    You count each M&M as a separate "snack".
    All of your "snacks" are zipped up in weighed and measured baggies around the cupboard.
    MGD 64 has started to actually taste good.
  • SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    You go home, your parents start cooking for you and to avoid annoying them, you go searching in the bins for food wrappers and packagings to find calorie/macro values :tongue:
  • lindsyrox
    lindsyrox Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    You don't see snickers (or beer or any other indulgence anymore) all you see is a number! That HUGE calorie number.

If i was as picky with my money budget as I was with my calorie budget I'd be debt free and richer by the day!
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    You decide to have a soda for your 2 week smoke free reward, then log onto MFP before you drink it and decide otherwise because it would put you over your calorie limit.
  • Jesstruhan
    Jesstruhan Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    You don't see snickers (or beer or any other indulgence anymore) all you see is a number! That HUGE calorie number.

If i was as picky with my money budget as I was with my calorie budget I'd be debt free and richer by the day!

YES! Soda, too! I love Fanta, but they started putting the GIANT calorie number on the front of the can. Fanta 0 all the way if I want to cure my Fanta need.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    The husband is taking his turn cooking, and presents your plate of food along with a sticky note with all ingredient amounts written down.
    :love:
    Now, that's romance.

thats awesome!!
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    When you keep a set of measuring spoons and cups in your purse :noway: Yes this is me. I know, I know :blushing: I don't care who sees it either. I just whip'em out anywhere! You should see the looks I get :laugh:
  • serenalesley
    serenalesley Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    When you keep a set of measuring spoons and cups in your purse :noway: Yes this is me. I know, I know :blushing: I don't care who sees it either. I just whip'em out anywhere! You should see the looks I get :laugh:

... and I thought that keeping sweeteners in mine looked bad! ;)
  • sarahlasvegas
    sarahlasvegas Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Even worse that then sharpie on the wine glass...

I've "borrowed" a wine glass from my local Wetherspoons as it has 125ml, 175ml and 250ml on the glass! I have a few now actually...
  • ShapingAgnes
    ShapingAgnes Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    When you research on several different sites how many calories you burn during exercise to ensure your gaining calories correctly.
    When coworkers find it entertaining how they can name a food and you name the serving size and calories in it.
    When know the individual calorie of 1 m&m..1 tootsie roll...or 1 of anything. :wink: :tongue:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    When you see a new product the first thing you do is look at calories and gram of protein before buying it

^^This one for me too. I was never the type to even think about the calories before mfp.

Oh and also this next one as well:
    Counting every nut instead of counting the handfuls.
  • SloRunner25
    SloRunner25 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Your freezer is almost empty (I was a big frozen foods eater) and your fruit and vegetable drawers in the fridge are overflowing.

Soda burns when you drink it because it has been so long. (Does anyone else experience this or am I just broken? lol )
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    LMAO. I am so guilty of the fitbit one.
  • Car0lynnM
    Car0lynnM Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Wow. Reading these makes me feel so much better about the habits I've picked up recently. I totally stand in the grocery reading/comparing labels. I counted out 17 cheez its today, and then realized I didn't really like them very much, so only ate 15. I also divide whole containers of food into individual servings.

The other day I got chips and salsa out for my hubby to snack on, and I measured out portions to put in a bowl. He laughed and wondered if I was 'portion controlling' him. Oops!!
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Love it! I'm guilty of working out to make it under my calorie goal. Got to start somewhere though.

You can tell when you're counting calories when you take out your phone while cooking or before ordering to log the food you plan on eating.