• sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    bud lite?

Put that back in the goat!
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    It used to be Guinness, until I went to Ireland and now I can't drink the Guinness we have here.
  • emilykg12
    emilykg12 Posts: 119
    Options
    IPAs!

We have so many ridiculously good breweries in town here. My favorite is Double Haul IPA from Kettlehouse Brewery.
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Used to be a Bud Light girl - especially in those aluminum bottles. YUM!!! But, since when I do drink (which isn't that often), I tend to drink quickly (aka consume mega calories), I switched to Miller 64 and really enjoy it now. Doesn't give me hangovers or make me sick. I will revert to Miller Lite when the 64 isn't available, but don't care for it as much. The problem is most bars don't carry the 64 and when they do, they consider it a "specialty" drink so it doesn't count for happy hour prices. Bummer!
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    The choices of some in this thread have literally made my heart shrivel and my boobs droop.

Well, my favorite BEERs are probably Tommy Knocker Brown, Jolly Pumpkin Io, Liberty Street Pumpkin, and Bell's Kalamazoo Stout... but I'm a big "seasonal" beer drinker, so my tastes change frequently... but those are mainstays. I just had Brewery Vivant's "16th Anniversary Zaison" and it was amazing.

i tried to make this point earlier in the the thread as well. the words favorite and bud light, coors light, corona etc.. should never be mentioned together unless its in this sentence. :)

its like when kids think Spaghetti-Os are great pasta then when you become an adult you realize how far off you are....these bud, coors lovers dont know what they are missing lol
  • chervil6
    chervil6 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    im a Gin Sling kinda woman :)

Gin , lime and soda mmmmmmmmmmm
  • emilykg12
    emilykg12 Posts: 119
    Options
    The choices of some in this thread have literally made my heart shrivel and my boobs droop.

Well, my favorite BEERs are probably Tommy Knocker Brown, Jolly Pumpkin Io, Liberty Street Pumpkin, and Bell's Kalamazoo Stout... but I'm a big "seasonal" beer drinker, so my tastes change frequently... but those are mainstays. I just had Brewery Vivant's "16th Anniversary Zaison" and it was amazing.

i tried to make this point earlier in the the thread as well. the words favorite and bud light, coors light, corona etc.. should never be mentioned together unless its in this sentence. :)

Agreed. I'm such a beer snob. I'd rather drink nothing at all than any of those mentioned ... I'd probably accidentally track them as "water"
  • MBNagel74
    MBNagel74 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I prefer Killians myself....
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    im a Gin Sling kinda woman :)

Gin , lime and soda mmmmmmmmmmm

That doesn't sound like beer. This thread's about beer.
  • BaileyBoo13524
    BaileyBoo13524 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    In my experience beer is an aquired taste so yes I've started with bud light, but have started to like microbrews and IPA's more and more. Call me a sissy, girly girl, or not a real beer drinker if you want!
  • pushing500
    Options
    Love the high gravity craft beer stufff...unfortunately, high gravity also means high calorie.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I perfer more micro-brewey type beers. My absolute favorie Guiness was knocked off it's lofty perch by Sam Adams Alpine Spring. It's a seasonal beer and I'm starting to see it back in the supermarket as of the last week or two.. I still have a fair amount of Winter/Christmas beer to go through and at 5 bottles a week (tops), it's going to take a bit before I get there.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    For anytime drinking, New Belgium's Shift is my favorite.
  • kelr0110
    kelr0110 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I perfer more micro-brewey type beers. My absolute favorie Guiness was knocked off it's lofty perch by Sam Adams Alpine Spring. It's a seasonal beer and I'm starting to see it back in the supermarket as of the last week or two.. I still have a fair amount of Winter/Christmas beer to go through and at 5 bottles a week (tops), it's going to take a bit before I get there.

Yesssssssssss the Sam Adams spring thaw pack is out. There is one in there called White Lantern - frickin phenomenal. The maple pecan is good too.

Two of my favorites of all time though are Sam Adams Cherry Wheat and Bruery Maple Autumn - awesome.
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Too many to name. I like craft beers the most though. Try out a few new ones every month
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    How did I miss this thread? 1 hour left of work and now all I can think about is beer.

My favorite is Two Brothers Domaine Dupage (French country ale).

But....I'm not against old fashioned Budweiser in a can. Easy to smuggle those on the train.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    I'm currently enjoying Samuel Adam's Whitewater IPA and Franziskaner weissbier. Both very good. I rotate pretty regularly but my all time favorite is still Guinness draught.
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Alexander Keith's IPA or White.
    Any other domestic North American"brews" taste like fizzy piss to me.
    I'd much rather spent the extra $2 for a pint of something good in a bar (Stella, Löwenbräu, Tuborg, or a local brew) than torture my taste buds.
  • leejusd
    leejusd Posts: 81
    Options
    Life is too short to drink cheap beer.
    Bud light makes me sick.
    The darker and thicker the better.
    I started brewing beer and prefer my homemade stuff.
    I love IPAs.