Any 50 somethings out there

Options

Replies

• lovesdogs1960
    Options
    Hi my name is Shauna and I am also looking for 50+ friends. I am 52 and would love any ideas of what works for us young chicks:laugh: Feel free to add me
  • jazzcat55
    jazzcat55 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 52 and started on MFP on Jan. 1. (Not because of a NY resolution, which I don't like, but because I happened to read about MFP in Consumer Reports that day.) I have lost 8 lb so far and would like to lose another 10. I have lost (and gained) many times over the years, but it is definitely harder to take it off the older we get! This is a great support group.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Michele here. I'm 50, 5'4" and have about 80+ lbs to lose. I have made a commitment to login daily (actually several times a day) and have an open diary. I am looking for accountability buddies and friends for support and just good old-fashioned "getting to know you".

Add me.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • mdepko
    mdepko Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I'm 55 and trying to lose about 100lbs, feel free to add me.
  • jbs2travel
    jbs2travel Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm 66, but also looking for supportive friends. Also watch my carbs due to diabetes. I am sending you a friend request. I log everyday.
  • dansing83
    dansing83 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I just turned 50. Was on myfitness for a few months last year and recently started again. I would like a few friends.
  • armiddleton
    Options
    8 lbs.. Good For You! This is my first chat. I have been on and off serval times before. Got the girls here at work doing a weight loss challange and to use this site. I told them it was like a dieter's facebook. I better let you go and Good luck.
  • jconnon
    jconnon Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I just joined the 50 somethings last October. I log in everyday so anyone can add me if you like.
  • WyshIKnew
    WyshIKnew Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi 56, trying to nip in my waist and lose my (small) moobs. I would like to lose a stone, but told I should lose two.
  • luforbis
    luforbis Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 54 now and started MFP today after my husband's doctor told us about it. I quit smoking 2 days after I turned 50. On that day my weight was around 112 lbs at 5'2". Most of my adult life up to that point my weight stayed between 103 to the 112. Over the next 3 years I had a top weight of 154, and now am at 140 - 142. Can't get it any lower alone, so thought I would try this. My joints do not like carrying all this extra weight and protest loudly, lol. I intend to keep at it until I can get my weight down to at the most 125.
  • Ecce_Signum
    Ecce_Signum Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    53 here and (luckily) didn't have much to lose, about to start trying to gain some LBM and target is to get back to a fitter 164lb :)
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Hello there and good luck. I have plenty of pals, but I'd love to have some closer to my age also. I'm 51.

ETA: If you add me, please say you're from the 50+ club so I know who you are! Thanks!
  • jbrad1955
    jbrad1955 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 57 and have lost 14 lbs since 1/14/13. I feel so much better and my blood pressure is back to normal.
    I love this site, it's so helpful keeping up with those calories. It's great to see so many others like me on the same mission!
  • annmariek1
    annmariek1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 53 and just started this weight loss journey. I seem to be struggling with my food and drink choices. I really need to get moving more also. It is nice to know I am not alone. This website is one of the best ones i have seen yet. Good Luck everyone and keep strong!
  • tanyaplumley
    Options
    no but close 47
  • jeansuza
    jeansuza Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I turned 50 last April, got an iPad for my birthday and a week later discovered MFP. It's been my life savior. Didn't miss loging a single day since then. At first, I would walk for 5 minutes at a time. Now I can walk for 60 minutes and do lots of other activities. I just bought some size 16 pants (used to be size 26-28. Love it!
  • outblader
    Options
    Hi 50 yrs old just started 2 weeks ago lost 13 pounds 53 more to go .This is easier than weight watchers for me and the data base is huge
  • madelynfogarty
    madelynfogarty Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am 53 and understand about eating through a crisis and going through major life as I once knew it changes....and food just seems to work for any mood...Sad? I eat to feel better. Happy? I eat to celebrate! Tired? I eat to get energized. You get the idea. I have been on this site for about a year now and have lost about 25 lbs. It is a great site. Feel free to add me as a friend if you wish ~
  • bids55
    bids55 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    There is a 50 + under Group on MFP.... I am 61 so I guess I qualify. Age is in your head. I am having more fun and feel better now than I ever had before! Maybe I have finally got the right perspective on life!:bigsmile: