are there lots of nutters around ??

Options
reading through some people's introductions...makes me laugh when they say things like 'i won't make friends with you unless you send me a message first,and even then it is not guaranteed i will be your friend'.....off to get my friend cv typed ;-)

Replies

• SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    When you reach a certain point and want to keep up with your friends and actually support them it makes sense to filter out certain people, a common way of doing this is having a person provide a message.
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    hhahaa I don't actually have that written, but after a few dodgy FR I now ask a few question...might help to add where in the world you are as well in your CV...I'm fussing like that ! (I also don't like scary profile picture ) - Judgemental B*tch :blushing: hahaa
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Yep - hand up to being a nutter - I don't make friends with every single person I meet in real life - we have to have at least a few things in common.....so why on earth should I be classed a nutter for not making friends with every single person that come accross my path on the Internet??
  • WelshMaid
    Options
    lol..nah i was just wondering :wink:
  • victorialkay
    Options
    reading through some people's introductions...makes me laugh when they say things like 'i won't make friends with you unless you send me a message first,and even then it is not guaranteed i will be your friend'.....off to get my friend cv typed ;-)

They are just putting a wall up instantly, aren't they? Jeeee!! Join a weightloss support community and don't make friends, see how it goes!!! No support coming their way!! He he!!!
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    yes once you have been here long enough you realize most of the people that send requests without a message don't support you in return. It is so easy to send a little message to introduce yourself and it is polite. It is a bit lazy to not send a message in my opinion unless you have been chatting on the boards and know of eachother already.
  • twinkychops
    twinkychops Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I learnt the hard way, everyone I had previously added was great but then the pervs came! beware of pervs honey! LOL
  • Cinflo58
    Cinflo58 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Ha! I don't have to worry about pervs. They aren't interested in a 50+ year old BUT I only want friends who are walking the walk and can support me. I want friends who can show me what works for them. Or newbies that I know are serious.
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options

When I see things like this, I just move on.
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options

They are just putting a wall up instantly, aren't they? Jeeee!! Join a weightloss support community and don't make friends, see how it goes!!! No support coming their way!! He he!!!

WRONG - quite the opposite actually. They usually aready have plenty of good and supportive friends and like in life, can be a little more selective. They are usually the people who provide the most support to others as they are not in the practice of just 'collecting friends for collecting friends sake'. If they accept it will be because they genuinely do want to give support and encouragement.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I just have to watch out for the friend collectors, I can't help it I have a tight hiney! Some days its a curse.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I don't have a message that notes are required, but after being here for almost two years and dealing with all different kinds of "nutters" as you call them, I have definitely become more selective in my friend adding process. I am also quick to delete those who do not interact with me at all.
  • WelshMaid
    Options
    I learnt the hard way, everyone I had previously added was great but then the pervs came! beware of pervs honey! LOL

lol,thanks for the tip x
  • f1ctional
    f1ctional Posts: 235
    Options
    Yea I see a lot of those types. I can understand screening, and some people wanting to have a few things in common etc. Thats cool and all. The people that trip me out the most is the ones with all these long lists of "rules" to be their friend. What a joke! Trust me you are not that important if you feel the need to post rules. lol.

I just come here to get some support now and then and just overall mingle with the rest of the people that are doing the same.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    My preferred method is to let anyone friend me then I use Google and an assortment of contacts and other resources I have at my disposal to find out where they live. I then visit their home when they're out, place a few hidden webcams around the house and find out just how serious they really are about their fitness goals.

So, with that in mind, friends give me a wave!
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    My preferred method is to let anyone friend me then I use Google and an assortment of contacts and other resources I have at my disposal to find out where they live. I then visit their home when they're out, place a few hidden webcams around the house and find out just how serious they really are about their fitness goals.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • WelshMaid
    Options

nice one :laugh:
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Put up a real picture of yourself instead of a cartoon, make a couple hundred forum posts instead of just a couple, and accept your first 30 friend requests without question. Then come back and talk to us about how somebody offered to wrestle you naked, someone asked you to prove your tree climbing prowess so he could make sure you're the right one to have his babies, someone sent you pics of his peter weeter, some chic is getting on your case about your diary, half your friends don't ever interact with you, and these two chicks just whine whine whine all day and drag down your mood.
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Put up a real picture of yourself instead of a cartoon, make a couple hundred forum posts instead of just a couple, and accept your first 30 friend requests without question. Then come back and talk to us about how somebody offered to wrestle you naked, someone asked you to prove your tree climbing prowess so he could make sure you're the right one to have his babies, someone sent you pics of his peter weeter, some chic is getting on your case about your diary, half your friends don't ever interact with you, and these two chicks just whine whine whine all day and drag down your mood.
    Sorry to derail from the thread but has this actually happened to you? Some of these examples seem very detailed lol
  • WelshMaid
    Options

what do you mean a real picture ? I am really a blonde mermaid :ohwell: