are there lots of nutters around ??

Options

Replies

• darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Put up a real picture of yourself instead of a cartoon, make a couple hundred forum posts instead of just a couple, and accept your first 30 friend requests without question. Then come back and talk to us about how somebody offered to wrestle you naked, someone asked you to prove your tree climbing prowess so he could make sure you're the right one to have his babies, someone sent you pics of his peter weeter, some chic is getting on your case about your diary, half your friends don't ever interact with you, and these two chicks just whine whine whine all day and drag down your mood.

what do you mean a real picture ? I am really a blonde mermaid :ohwell:

That's what I was thinking!
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Put up a real picture of yourself instead of a cartoon, make a couple hundred forum posts instead of just a couple, and accept your first 30 friend requests without question.

This is why people screen their friends...
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Put up a real picture of yourself instead of a cartoon, make a couple hundred forum posts instead of just a couple, and accept your first 30 friend requests without question. Then come back and talk to us about how somebody offered to wrestle you naked, someone asked you to prove your tree climbing prowess so he could make sure you're the right one to have his babies, someone sent you pics of his peter weeter, some chic is getting on your case about your diary, half your friends don't ever interact with you, and these two chicks just whine whine whine all day and drag down your mood.
    Sorry to derail from the thread but has this actually happened to you? Some of these examples seem very detailed lol

Believe it or not, I have received the naked wrestling match messages. There are some weirdos here which is why people become more selective over time. That said the OP who has only been here for a few days is judging right out of the gate very naively without realizing that the people who have "rules" about who they will add have a very valid reason for it and took time to come to that conclusion.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Sorry to derail from the thread but has this actually happened to you? Some of these examples seem very detailed lol

These are real life examples from multiple women on my FL in the last 36 hours alone. I've been here a year and can give you a hundred examples. Women have to put up with a lot of BS, not just here but IRL too.

Hell, I'm a guy and I get my fair share of creeper messages and nekkid pics from random women. Only difference is that I appreciate (and actively encourage) that sorry of thing. And for everyone 1 random pervy message I get, your average woman gets 10. It's got to get old
  • WelshMaid
    Options
    Put up a real picture of yourself instead of a cartoon, make a couple hundred forum posts instead of just a couple, and accept your first 30 friend requests without question.

if we lose weight do we have to lose our sense of humour ?
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options

Yes, absolutely. It's because our vaginas have gotten so much smaller.
  • WelshMaid
    Options

Yes, absolutely. It's because our vaginas have gotten so much smaller.

:blushing:
  • Belinda658
    Belinda658 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    OP you joined in the last few days. I think YOU are being judgmental about the way members accept friends.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Yea I see a lot of those types. I can understand screening, and some people wanting to have a few things in common etc. Thats cool and all. The people that trip me out the most is the ones with all these long lists of "rules" to be their friend. What a joke! Trust me you are not that important if you feel the need to post rules. lol.
    You'll love my long list of rules.

I just come here to get some support now and then and just overall mingle with the rest of the people that are doing the same.
    All 30 million of them?
  • WelshMaid
    Options
    I'm not judging anyone...I was just making a comment about what I'd seen.I don't care who makes friends with whom.I've come on here to lose weight and have a bit of a laugh,didn't think they were mutually exclusive .
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Yea I see a lot of those types. I can understand screening, and some people wanting to have a few things in common etc. Thats cool and all. The people that trip me out the most is the ones with all these long lists of "rules" to be their friend. What a joke! Trust me you are not that important if you feel the need to post rules. lol.

I just come here to get some support now and then and just overall mingle with the rest of the people that are doing the same.
    Actually, I am.

I'm the most motivational person on MFP. Where the hell have you been?
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Leaky Ramirez motivates me from afar. I still haven't worked up the nerve to FR her though because in her list of prerequisite arcana I still need to obtain a vial of giraffe sweat.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I'm not judging anyone...I was just making a comment about what I'd seen.I don't care who makes friends with whom.I've come on here to lose weight and have a bit of a laugh,didn't think they were mutually exclusive .

You are not judging yet the tone of your OP and title would suggest otherwise.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Actually, I am.

I'm the most motivational person on MFP. Where the hell have you been?

Dat's da troof!
  • DavPul
    Options

Losing weight is serious business. There is no room for jocularity here. I refuse to have humorous people on my FL. The first time a person makes a joke on my feed, they get a warning. The second joke they get cut.

THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS.
  • DavPul
    Options
    Leaky Ramirez motivates me from afar. I still haven't worked up the nerve to FR her though because in her list of prerequisite arcana I still need to obtain a vial of giraffe sweat.

She also sends the most pervy PMs on the site. I had heard about the swing before, before never seen it in action. Chick must be triple jointed
  • Belinda658
    Belinda658 Posts: 181 Member
    Options

Nope not judgmental at all
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

These are real life examples from multiple women on my FL in the last 36 hours alone. I've been here a year and can give you a hundred examples. Women have to put up with a lot of BS, not just here but IRL too.

Hell, I'm a guy and I get my fair share of creeper messages and nekkid pics from random women. Only difference is that I appreciate (and actively encourage) that sorry of thing. And for everyone 1 random pervy message I get, your average woman gets 10. It's got to get old

Ahh...the naked wresting message...

Nekkid pics being sent your way...no-one can say I am not motivational and supportive!
  • WelshMaid
    Options

Nope not judgmental at all

that wasn't even me !!!!
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    I don't feel compelled to accept every friend request either. Blank profiles, no message, locked profiles, locked diaries... what's the point, then? How am I going to help you if I know nothing about you?