Replies

• madcat_wechanged
    Options
    Well said...:drinker:
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    If only my fiance understood that more.

I find that I get along better with people online that are thousands of miles away, than I do with actual people close-by......it's kind of sad almost....
  • parvati
    parvati Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Taunto... You da best!!! :flowerforyou:
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    If only my fiance understood that more.

I find that I get along better with people online that are thousands of miles away, than I do with actual people close-by......it's kind of sad almost....

fR880.jpg
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Adorable - my best friend of 18 years was an internet friend. We met in a chat room and met in person a year later. 18 years now and we're still going strong.

And to top THAT one, I met my husband online. 7 years and blissfully happy.

My job of 10 years now has me working from home 90% of the time where I hold web conferences and skype meetings on a daily basis with my team... many of which I have never met in person... yet we continue to meet collective business goals and build a company.

How the world has changed!
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    This is exactly why I hate when people on MFP deleted friends for various stupid reasons. I consider my online friends real friends. A real friend is there for you even when their list gets too big. My friends are all really awesome BTW.
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    My BestFriend Ninja! (junior.lol) i've known since i was 12 & i met him on myspace chat! he was hitting on my mom , cause my mom was "checking" to make sure i was being good! lol.
    four years later me and mom went to go meet him and his parents.. and we're still best friends.
    I'm now 19 & he's 21 and married.
    We talk about everything, me and his wife go shopping and i was the first one she called when she came up prego!
    and i was at their wedding last year!
    Who knew right!? 8 year friendship all over Myspace!

and he always tells me," i could have been your daddy if i wouldnt have been 16 and your mom wasnt 30 back then" :noway:
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Not necessarily on MFP, but other forums, I've met a lot of Internet friends. The funny thing is that a very large number of them are really cool and people that you can be friends with IRL.
  • vzryder
    vzryder Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Love this, ty for sharing :)
    Pat
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I love this thread & love my friendship with Taunto!
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    I like my Internet friends better than most of my real life friends
  • bruceinthepit88
    Options
    I just wanna quickly drop and say that I belong to this club too. I like my internet friends more than my 'real-life' friends which are non-existent.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I'm an introvert. I sparkly heart my internet friends.
  • Junken_Diraffe
    Junken_Diraffe Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Taunto, this is why everyone loves you!

And someday I will have you on my list again. :love:
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Once upon a time, long, long ago, back in the days of MUDs and Talkers, I met a lot of people on line who I later met IRL. Normally, if they freaked you out on line, they were likely to be even worse IRL, so I'm glad I normally met them en masse :laugh: Back then, in the UK at least, the majority were in computing or at uni and it's interesting to think how times have changed.

I'm glad I have good online friends here now. I think it is important to remember that MOST of the people are real, with real emotions, and can be hurt just as easily as in real life.

As for being friends with Taunto, it seems an unattainable dream....
  • DAM_Fine
    DAM_Fine Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I am so glad you are my friend. There isn't a day that goes by that you don't make me think... and smile. :heart:
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Taunto :heart:
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Awesome i love it!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Hi Taunto!
    In, for the love fest, hugs and beer. :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • vzryder
    vzryder Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic to hear of , ty mockchoc!
    I have made a vey good fb friend, who has travelled from NZ to visit and met for the first time in Australia, recently caught up with her again in her Country :smile: