Options

Replies

• robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    :heart:
    I love this so much.

My boyfriend doesn't understand at all.
    He wants me to just close my browser and walk away at the drop of a hat, not even say "bye" mid conversation.
    If I'm taking to someone I am not going to just "not respond" and leave them hanging. You at the very least gotta throw in a quick "Gotta go, ttyl!"
    That's like hanging up on someone mid sentence in a phone conversation....

I get told all the time "those aren't real people, just words on a screen".
    Some of those "fake" people are as important to me as the people I see every day.
  • rizzaG
    rizzaG Posts: 110
    Options
    :blushing: :heart: I met my sweet loving husband through internet...Match.com . Need I say more?
  • rizzaG
    rizzaG Posts: 110
    Options
    :heart:
    I love this so much.

My boyfriend doesn't understand at all.
    He wants me to just close my browser and walk away at the drop of a hat, not even say "bye" mid conversation.
    If I'm taking to someone I am not going to just "not respond" and leave them hanging. You at the very least gotta throw in a quick "Gotta go, ttyl!"
    That's like hanging up on someone mid sentence in a phone conversation....

I get told all the time "those aren't real people, just words on a screen".
    Some of those "fake" people are as important to me as the people I see every day.

RESPECT. that's all there is to it
  • JordanMikeHicks
    JordanMikeHicks Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That last picture has put this song into my head: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjli3hj0ZkM :)
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I wish people were as cool as they were on the internet.
  • Kap10
    Kap10 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I love my internet friends
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    I love my internet friends

This
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Love this! I plan to take a road trip to meet some if my MFP friends IRL. To actually speak over a cup of coffee, instead of one-lining about it. Can't wait!
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Hi Taunto -are you real?? :wink:

I have been lucky enough to meet several of my imaginary friends in person....and have had a greater connection with many of them than I do with people I first met in person and have known for years!

My husband does not really go online so trying to explain to him what a bond you create with people you have not met is hard to explain..hence you all have become my imaginary friends....for the record you are not imaginary too me....I worry about your safety Taunto, I get sad when my friends here are sad, celebrate with you, empathize with you and probably know more about some of my friends here than ones I see regularly!!

Thank you Taunto :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Love this :)
  • Matt_Wilken
    Options
    Man I love my MFP friends and want to meet more and build stronger friendships, met two in 2008 but have lost contact since then.
  • Brewster1215
    Brewster1215 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Taunto...I raise my coffee cup in salute to you! Great post and I feel the same about my MFP friends!
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    We had a child who has multiple medical issues when he was born. The group of Moms I found on a forum site for kids with his types of medical issues became a source to learn on when noone in RL "got" what we were going through.

I could pour my heart out to them through the screen at 1 in the morning and they totally understood.

That type of relationship, whether in RL or over the internet, changes you for life. :heart:

I have had the privilege of meeting many of them in person and it's just as deep a friendship as any real person I've come in contact with. Maybe MORE so as I've never known someone in my past for real who has walked the medical hardships we have walked with our son.

I like to say, they kept me sane during an insane path in my life. I love those people as much as I love anyone who knows me in RL. I hurt when they hurt, they hurt when I hurt. We rejoice with each other too.

I made these connections when our son was about 5 months old and we were gearing up for his first surgery, open heart surgery to repair his defect and they walked with us through 6 more surgeries after that. (he's 6 now)I walked with some of them as they lost their child in death.

Needless to say, the bond is great. :heart:
  • herstrawberri
    herstrawberri Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Taunto is known to make girls pregnant while sitting in a different continent

True story.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: this:bigsmile:
  • nursemarie162
    Options
    I absolutely love this! I have gotten more support and motivation from my mfp friends then I have from any of my friends in "real life". We all of similar goals and get the struggle and I can honestly say that I would not have lost a pound without that.
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I absolutely agree that you can establish great relationships on the internet, and appreciate my internet friends, but I need contact with actual people - i find myself wanting more from internet relationships and it's just not possible from a computer monitor.
    I rely on physical queues, facial expressions, listening to a hearty laugh to build those bonds of friendship. I do have to compromise more, and be more regulated with my non-internet friends, but that's what makes us friends. I did not have internet friends until FB and MFP came to light, so perhaps that is why I'm more of a newbie at internet connections.
    I'd love to meet some of my MFP friends in person.
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I'm not a real person, but I play one online.
  • kborton1122
    kborton1122 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Love this!!!! Thanks, just what I needed today to cheer me up!