Ladies share your beauty tips others may/may not know..

Options
124»

Replies

• IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    OOh I'm gonna get some vaseline today and coconut oil this week !!

Tips :
    If you use a lot of hair styling products use a clarifying shampoo to remove build up. Good ones are redken cleansing cream, joico chelating, vo5 ., kenra. follow with a hair mask.

Glycerin in hair products makes my hair frizzy so I tend to avoid products containing that. Of course some people are fine with glycerin!

Always wear sunscreen even on cloudy days !

Mineral oil is a great cleanser.

I also like witch hazel as a toner !
  • If you have bad dandruff dye your hair! Even if is the same color it will shock your scalp so no more dandruff :)
  • Cespuglio
    Cespuglio Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    OoOo I love this thread! I have a couple:

1.) Facial steam: I boil water in a pot until steam is rising up (I like to add teatree oil and two chamomile tea baggies). I then put it on a trivet at a table lower than me, drape a towel over my head and around the pot sort of like a tee pee. If it gets too hot I open up the towel a bit to let some of the steam out.

2.) Face mask for blemished or acne prone skin: I take 2 teaspoons of honey, mix with 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt and 1/2 teaspoon turmeric and mix them together. I like to do it after the above with the chamomile tea bags over my eyes (after they've cooled, of course) for a soothing at home spa day.

ETA: Also coconut oil mixed with vitamin E makes for an awesome (and far cheaper) eye cream. I shall edit and add more tips as I remember them. Next will be a sugar scrub recipe as soon as I remember the ingredients :laugh:
  • Cespuglio
    Options
    i have always suffered from horrible acne. and i started this regiment of washing my face with an any exfoliating face wash, then i let it air dry. then i take a very small amount of coconut oil and i apply it to my face as a moisturizer and OMG my acne has vanished. It has been amazing. I use it every day, every time i clean my face,and my face is so smooth. it has taken away the redness, and my grandmother now uses it, and some of her wrinkles have been reduced.

LOVE THIS and all it is.. is coconut oil

Wow! Coconut oil on acne? I always wanted to try it because my skin dries out so bad during the winter, but was terrified of it since my skin is also very acne prone. Will try this tonight, thanks!
  • Cespuglio
    Options
    Where do you all buy coconut oil ?

Supermarket, health food store, some drug stores might also carry it.
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    -if you dont wanna spend all that time attempting to get perfect waves.
    braid your hair wet. let dry or if your in a rush blow dry.
    waahhhlahh.

-cheap liquid eyeliner pulles your eyelashes out.

-if you color your hair from dark to light and you accidently chemically damage your hair.
    dye it back dark and it'll restore the healthy look into your hair.

-i use alcohol to clean my face twice a week and you wouldnt believe the dirt and dead skin that comes off your face.. but, i always do a moisturising face mask( they have some for $1.00 at walmart, i like the chocolate one) after to restore moisture back into my face because alcohol CAN/WILL dry your face out.
  • Fitstephy
    Options
    I go natural with my makeup.

just foundation, fill brows in, brown mascara and some brown eyeliner under my eyes and done.
  • TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    The coconut oil thing sounds like a good plan. I usually just wash my makeup off with water & nothing else!

I need to find a new face scrub.

Best body and face scrub(if done gently)....is yur fav moisturizer mixed w/ sugar!! I keep a little old plastic container of baby oil and sugar (mix till it looks like crushed ice)...in my shower for my body,...you get a healthy glow,exfoliates,and feels like satin!!~ My hubby loves my soft skin!!
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Tea Tree anything! I have super oily skin and it breaks out all the time. Sometimes my skin is full of little bumps that come overnight. I bought Tea Tree Anteseptic lotion and it heals and calms my skin by the next morning. You can also get the tea tree hair oil in the ethnic hair section for like $3 and it works great on my dry skin especially after swimming in chlorine. I swear by teatree now. My skin finally looks clear and healthy.
  • xXxHBICxXx
    xXxHBICxXx Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    vaseline makes your eye lashes grow and takes off eye makeup with ease and is a great moisturizer for your face =D
    (dont know if any of you said that already I just skimmed over everything)