Spring Couch to 5K

Options

Replies

• MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I finished day 2! It was so much easier than day 1 :laugh: I also got some encouragement from some people I know that were running at the same time. It's amazing how much that helps! 1 more day - I think day 3 will be on Sat sometime. Woohoo! :drinker:
  • robynrae_1
    robynrae_1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    finished day W1D1.
    Anyone else feel like a shoe fanatic.. I have a pair for indoor running, outdoor running, and a pair of indoor crosstrainers for my other DVD workouts.
  • MTGirl
    Options
    finished day W1D1.
    Anyone else feel like a shoe fanatic.. I have a pair for indoor running, outdoor running, and a pair of indoor crosstrainers for my other DVD workouts.

LOL. I have new running shoes for running - obviously! :ohwell: - and my old running shoes I use for walking or doing my DVD's. That's all for this chicka - only because of lack of $$ though :laugh:
  • BrandyLiz
    BrandyLiz Posts: 14
    Options
    W1D2 kicked my butt! My calves were killing me! Day 3 is tomorrow so I did some pilates tonight to help stetch my legs out.
    What do you all do when your calves get sore/stiff mid run?
  • MTGirl
    Options
    I finished day 3 yesterday - it was really hard! I think because I was outside here at home and not on a level track. There are small inclines/declines. Not usually very noticable unless I am really tired or running for the first time in a long time!

BrandyLiz - I usually keep jogging and stretch really good at the end. Maybe someone else has an idea?? Other than I guess you could stop running and stretch right then and start up after you stretch them? Good luck!
  • PanicAtTheBuffet
    Options
    Just want to wish you guys the best. I finished C25K 2 weeks ago. You can all do it. Just stay with it and don't feel like you have to pressure yourself. If you miss a day or two, just pick up where you left off.

I didn't see anyone mention running with the C25K podcast. I used Robert Ullrey's Couch to 5k from iTunes.(it's free) You kind of feel like you're not running alone. Each week is a different podcast. It feels good when you're running and his voice comes on and says "you're halfway through your run, how do you feel?" and I say to myself "I'm tired and I have to pee" and his calm, reassuring voice comes back and says "thaattt's gggrreaattt!!!"

Good luck.
  • MTGirl
    Options
    Just want to wish you guys the best. I finished C25K 2 weeks ago. You can all do it. Just stay with it and don't feel like you have to pressure yourself. If you miss a day or two, just pick up where you left off.

I didn't see anyone mention running with the C25K podcast. I used Robert Ullrey's Couch to 5k from iTunes.(it's free) You kind of feel like you're not running alone. Each week is a different podcast. It feels good when you're running and his voice comes on and says "you're halfway through your run, how do you feel?" and I say to myself "I'm tired and I have to pee" and his calm, reassuring voice comes back and says "thaattt's gggrreaattt!!!"

Good luck.

That's hilarious! "thaaattts grrreeeaaatttt!!!" LOL.
  • robynrae_1
    robynrae_1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    free is good I will go check it out. thanks for the tip
  • JennSchn
    JennSchn Posts: 65
    Options
    Finished day 3 yesterday. Not bad but I am worried about week 2.

I have always had a shoe fetish. I love shoes.

My calves hurt after I run not during so I am not sure about what to do. Maybe it will get better with time.

I use the pod casts too. So far I use the one with no music and watch tv while I run. When he gives words of encouragement I usually yell at him. Not very nice but it gets out the aggression. LOL
  • MTGirl
    Options
    LOL @Jenn. Whatever works though ;)

You'll do great with week 2. It's only 30 mor seconds per run. We can do that, right??!! Baby steps, baby steps! I'll post tonight or tomorrow. D1 of W2 today.
  • MTGirl
    Options
    Finished W2, D1 last night. It was tough, but I completed it. I think it was harder than it needed to be because I had so much sugar Sun night. Which is why I've decided to cut sugar out until Easter anyway. It really screws me up! Anyhow - 1 down, 2 more to go then on to week 3 :drinker:
  • BrandyLiz
    Options
    W2D1 was killer! Major calf problems again. I stretch before I run but I've read a lot of blogs where runners are really against a pre-run stretch. So I'll give that a shot and just stretch after and see how that works. I'm also going to work on lengthening my stride to see if that helps. How is everyone else doing?

One thing I've been telling myself all day after such a bad run yesterday is that even a bad run is better than no run.
  • MTGirl
    Options
    I hear ya! I don't pre-stretch. I do warm up at least 5 minutes - 2.5 slow walking, 2.5 faster but not quite the pace during the intervals. It seems to help - my calfs get tight easy. I make sure I stretch really good after running though. Good luck! We will conquer week 2 :drinker:
  • MTGirl
    Options
    Day 2 of Week 2 in the bag! Woot!! :drinker:
  • leh7
    leh7 Posts: 2
    Options
    MY HUSBAND AND I ACTUALLY STARTED COUCH TO 5K LAST WEEK, WE ARE ON OUR SECOND WEEK NOW. WE ARE NOT RUNNERS BUT BY THE END OF WEEK ONE I REALLY SEE HOW THIS PROGRAM WORKS. IT ALSO MAKES IT MORE MOTIVATING WHEN YOU HAVE SOMEONE TO TRAIN WITH, YOU KIND OF KEEP EACH OTHER ON THE RIGHT TRACK.
  • MTGirl
    Options
    MY HUSBAND AND I ACTUALLY STARTED COUCH TO 5K LAST WEEK, WE ARE ON OUR SECOND WEEK NOW. WE ARE NOT RUNNERS BUT BY THE END OF WEEK ONE I REALLY SEE HOW THIS PROGRAM WORKS. IT ALSO MAKES IT MORE MOTIVATING WHEN YOU HAVE SOMEONE TO TRAIN WITH, YOU KIND OF KEEP EACH OTHER ON THE RIGHT TRACK.

Yeah - that's why I started this thread! I don't have anyone to train with, so I get my support and accountability here. Even if I'm the only person to post on this thread, that's o.k. with me. I sure like the company though! But I have to keep myself accountable or I will just drop off and not complete it. Again. And I am determined not to do that this time! Feel free to post here questions, thoughts, victories, or just completing another day of the program!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I was doing the C25K new years thread but it seems to be that I am the only one on it now. I think everyone died off so I'm crashing this thread! :laugh:

I just finished week 5 day 3 yesterday. Ran 20 minutes straight! Awesome!
  • MTGirl
    Options
    I was doing the C25K new years thread but it seems to be that I am the only one on it now. I think everyone died off so I'm crashing this thread! :laugh:

I just finished week 5 day 3 yesterday. Ran 20 minutes straight! Awesome!

Crash away Iceprincess!! We're glad to have you join us. Major congrats - that is awesome! Woot Woot!!
  • JennSchn
    JennSchn Posts: 65
    Options

You go girl! I haven't even gotten to day one yet. (day 1 is tonight after work)
    How was it, am I going to die?
  • BrandyLiz
    Options

Woohoo!! W2D2 is tonight for me. Hopefully it's better than Tuesday's run! :ohwell: