Why do guys on MFP do this?

Options
MaryJane_8810002
MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
They send you a friend request and when you go to their profile you see that it is filled with nothing but female friends and minimal activity? Like I would think that they would benefit more with advice from other men. Mixing it up and having both sexes is fantastic and probably yields great results since that would be a broader spectrum. But when I see all their friends are females (not a few I am talking 120/120 it makes me uncomfortable for some reason. I usually just delete and move on but I was kind of intrigued because they always hae this girlfriend they want to shape up for.

Replies

• amili045
    Options
    they are here to boost confidence and getting female attention helps... plus they like to flirt
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    95% of this site is female ... just kinda happened that way for me.
  • wolfpack77
    Options
    Not all of us need a website to boost confidence. I was an MFP member for a full year and just used it for logging before I started using the social side of it.

Although I wont deny that some are here to see how many females they can collect.
  • amili045
    Options
    Not all of us need a website to boost confidence. I was an MFP member for a full year and just used it for logging before I started using the social side of it.

Although I wont deny that some are here to see how many females they can collect.

lol I meant those that collect
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    There are a lot more females than males on this site. Also, I pretty much just joke around with my friends...I'm pretty much my own support and motivation, along with my family. My MFP friends give me someone to talk about all of this stuff (my real world friends and family get bored with fitness and nutrition talk) with and just joke around and have a good time. I generally go to guys for lifting advice, and that's about it.
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    I dont collect ppl...that term is ridiculous
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Some men are just creepy, it's like life really. You'll soon know which ones are creepy and which are genuine (there's plenty of them). Unfriend and just ignore the creepy ones don't bother writing back or anything. If you ignore them they tend to get bored and go away
  • loneworg
    loneworg Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Wwhat ever floats there boat. I also know girls on here that have 90% men and are in a relationship.
  • TylerLtd
    Options
    Yeah most of my friends list from girls is them adding me, I added a few because they're around my age and can be on each other to keep up the good work.
  • StrongerThanThor
    StrongerThanThor Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Guys here are dangerous, be careful!
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    I only collect people in real life
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Because boobs.
  • a_certain_shade_of_green
    Options
    Some men are just creepy, it's like life really. You'll soon know which ones are creepy and which are genuine (there's plenty of them). Unfriend and just ignore the creepy ones don't bother writing back or anything. If you ignore them they tend to get bored and go away

it's just like real life - some of the girls on here are crazy. like bat crazy. maybe these guys are just casting their net really wide to try and find the ones who arent, and havent got round to deleting the weird ones...

im lucky of course, because the friends who i have on here who are female are all completely awesome and i wouldnt change them for the world :happy:
  • gym_king_carlie
    gym_king_carlie Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Because boobs.

Hahaha, its funny because its true
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    It mostly because MFP is primarily women. I have almost a 1000 friends, 80% are woman.

And no on can hear us fart.
  • amili045
    Options
    Because boobs.

ha!
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    Because if you have 200+ hot females on your list, at least ONE will probably, maybe sleep with you.
  • waskier
    waskier Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I thought I had finally found a thread for tall and big guys. Sent out friend quests. Then realized all of the posts were from last April! I will say, though, I have some pretty buff female friends. I'm betting more than a few of them could kick my butt in the gym!
  • DawnVanSlim
    DawnVanSlim Posts: 10,471
    Options
    I dont collect ppl...that term is ridiculous

Yes you do, they are all locked in your basement.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the help and support can come better from the opposite sex, it might feel less judgmental even if that isn't what they were consciously thinking.

I happen to prefer girls as friends on sites like this but won't mind having good motivation and support from boys. Probably does help though that I am actually single so I don't have any jealous boyfriend thinking they need to contend or watch over my shoulder for having guys as friends on here :)