Why do guys on MFP do this?

Options

Replies

• vizsla99
    vizsla99 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I've heard of guys who pick up women at gyms... they'll find women who've been overweight for a long time and have finally dropped the weight. Pretty much swooping in for the kill at an opportune moment. I would imagine some of the men here have this in mind as their modus operandi, unfortunately.

Hmm, that's a great idea. Thanks for the tip! :)
  • TravisBurns
    TravisBurns Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I wish I had a dollar for every single time I spotted this. I mean sure, everyone likes looking now and again, I suppose. But you can absolutely weed out which ones are the hardcore creeps.
    I for one tend to not get very many friend requests from much more than women, I realize it's a big majority of the site. But my friends aren't all half naked women, and I also accept all friend requests, men and women.
  • cdpark617
    cdpark617 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I generally am not a big tough guy and don't share too many of those interests. My real life friends are mostly women, and so are my MFP friends.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    AIN'T HETERONORMATIVITY DANDY?

YOU BIGOT!
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    I know what u mean! They should actually read your profile first but most don't! First thing mine says is to send a note with the request. They don't so I don't accept........
  • coffee_rocks
    coffee_rocks Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I've solved that problem.

No friends.

So much quieter on my wall when I just talk to myself.
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    I just started using the social part of this site yesterday and already had a bad experience with a male. I went ahead and joined in on the "Best physical trait of the person above you" thread or something like that. Obviously, my profile pic doesn't give much to work with, but I wanted to play and comment on others nonetheless. So when a certain guy commented that my best trait was my "rack" I shrugged it off. So he emails me right after saying he didn't mean to offend me if he did and I replied that I wasn't offended and to kill awkwardness joked that I grew them myself and ended the email. He then rights back "big and natural is always preferred" to this I didn't reply. Then he writes again saying "now I offended, sorry" I replied again I'm not offended and have a sense of humor but didn't know what to say back to his comment so I didn't reply. Next email he sends of course is asking my bra size and if there's anything personal I would like to tell him. Obviously I'm not going to get into that kind of conversation with some guy I don't know. He has got the hint and left me alone but since it was one of my first encounters with a male on here, I must admit it at first made me assume the males here are all vulgar and have bad intent. After thinking on it for a few minutes I realized that I just had a bad experience and obviously not to judge someone based on their gender. With my son being disabled, being judged is a big issue for us and I strive not to do it, so to all the males on the site...my apologies. Last night I thought you were all pigs and I no longer feel that way. My bad.

Maybe u should zip up more
  • barbaramitchell101
    barbaramitchell101 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I have MFP friends of both sexes, but I do get more support from the men than I do the women....so for you pppl, whatever will work the best for you....to keep you motivated, is the way to be...if someone stalks you like for the OP, then don't humor them, just delete them....this site isn't for that kinda thing....
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    It mostly because MFP is primarily women. I have almost a 1000 friends, 80% are woman.

And no on can hear us fart.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • rrowdiness
    rrowdiness Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Who cares? You don't have to accept their friend request.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    about 70% of the "friend" requests I get are from women. I ignore 90% them. One that I accepted was a person with a shared swimming "addiction."
    My "friend" list is really short.
    My best friend on here is my wife. :heart:
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Part of the harem ,
  • barbaramitchell101
    barbaramitchell101 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I know what u mean! They should actually read your profile first but most don't! First thing mine says is to send a note with the request. They don't so I don't accept........

I ALWAYS check their profile first, but then again, sometimes in the forums I will invite pppl to friend me....but I still look...LOL
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    AIN'T HETERONORMATIVITY DANDY?

YOU BIGOT!

WHY IS EVERYONE SO MEAN ON HERE.
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    it's because my goal is to have sex with each and everyone of my friends on here, men included ;P
    we are gonna have a giant orgy when I get to my goal weight.
  • RyanWilson1993
    RyanWilson1993 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    it's because my goal is to have sex with each and everyone of my friends on here, men included ;P
    Not sure if srs
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Not sure if srs

Not sure if srs.
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Not sure if srs

haha if you thought that was serious then I've lost all faith in humanity.
  • StephCoff1969
    Options
    The way I look at is this... Whether a guy has more female friends or a gal has more male friends is not my concern... I am here to become a better me... I can use all the support I can get, if at one point or another I see that a person is not taking me or their progress seriously, then it is their loss...
  • Motivated_Mom_4
    Options
    Lone_wolf70- While I take responsibility for what happened, I don't think where I went wrong was having my hoodie unzipped a little. I'm wearing a shirt under it and am showing no cleavage. I don't think my profile pic is provocative. Either way, learned a lesson and will grow from it. :)