Why do guys on MFP do this?

Options

Replies

• Motivated_Mom_4
    Options
    I just started using the social part of this site yesterday and already had a bad experience with a male. I went ahead and joined in on the "Best physical trait of the person above you" thread or something like that. Obviously, my profile pic doesn't give much to work with, but I wanted to play and comment on others nonetheless. So when a certain guy commented that my best trait was my "rack" I shrugged it off. So he emails me right after saying he didn't mean to offend me if he did and I replied that I wasn't offended and to kill awkwardness joked that I grew them myself and ended the email. He then rights back "big and natural is always preferred" to this I didn't reply. Then he writes again saying "now I offended, sorry" I replied again I'm not offended and have a sense of humor but didn't know what to say back to his comment so I didn't reply. Next email he sends of course is asking my bra size and if there's anything personal I would like to tell him. Obviously I'm not going to get into that kind of conversation with some guy I don't know. He has got the hint and left me alone but since it was one of my first encounters with a male on here, I must admit it at first made me assume the males here are all vulgar and have bad intent. After thinking on it for a few minutes I realized that I just had a bad experience and obviously not to judge someone based on their gender. With my son being disabled, being judged is a big issue for us and I strive not to do it, so to all the males on the site...my apologies. Last night I thought you were all pigs and I no longer feel that way. My bad.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Guys are gross.

This opinion is gross.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I dont collect ppl...that term is ridiculous
    I do. I keep them in little ceramic jars behind the bricks in my fireplace.
    I would think some sort of pressure sealed container would be better for the smell.
    the lids have those rubber rings and the people have been cremated, so it's all good.
  • newbj2013
    Options
    yeah im trying to find both guy and girl friends on here to help with motivation... not that many guys here...but i'm here to help!
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Because boobs.

Ha!
  • amili045
    Options
    That's right! Guys here are dangerous! They might type some words you disagree with!! Or maybe they'll look at pictures of you that you have posted publicly for everyone to see! Beware!

haha
  • WrenStory
    WrenStory Posts: 103
    Options
    I've heard of guys who pick up women at gyms... they'll find women who've been overweight for a long time and have finally dropped the weight. Pretty much swooping in for the kill at an opportune moment. I would imagine some of the men here have this in mind as their modus operandi, unfortunately.

hahahahah ...yeah be careful ladies, might actually get some d___!! How awful.

Emotionally vulnerable women being targeted deliberately... that's what I meant.

If a woman wants d___ well, she can usually get it. A man rarely gets the goods without the woman wanting it too.

There are men who hang out in the parkling lot of Weight Watchers and gyms targeting women in the hopes that they have been fat for a long time, have been without it, and are easy lays ... I was informed of these sleaze balls by a man.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    They send you a friend request and when you go to their profile you see that it is filled with nothing but female friends and minimal activity? Like I would think that they would benefit more with advice from other men. Mixing it up and having both sexes is fantastic and probably yields great results since that would be a broader spectrum. But when I see all their friends are females (not a few I am talking 120/120 it makes me uncomfortable for some reason. I usually just delete and move on but I was kind of intrigued because they always hae this girlfriend they want to shape up for.

Maybe that guy is dating a guy that doesn't want him to have other guys on his FL....ever think of that, huh, huh?

LOL, I actually read this in a 13 yr old little sister voice!
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Some are just lonely given that their real life is empty.
    Judge not!
    Everybody needs to work their way through this in their own way.
    Live and let live :drinker:
  • doesnt bother me.
  • RyanWilson1993
    RyanWilson1993 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Seeing what this post is about makes me think of a quote from the movie "Little Nicky" "I'm here for the beer and the *****es." lol but this site is probably 75% women 25% men
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    I've heard of guys who pick up women at gyms... they'll find women who've been overweight for a long time and have finally dropped the weight. Pretty much swooping in for the kill at an opportune moment. I would imagine some of the men here have this in mind as their modus operandi, unfortunately.

Emotionally vulnerable women being targeted deliberately... that's what I meant.

If a woman wants d___ well, she can usually get it. A man rarely gets the goods without the woman wanting it too.

There are men who hang out in the parkling lot of Weight Watchers and gyms targeting women in the hopes that they have been fat for a long time, have been without it, and are easy lays ... I was informed of these sleaze balls by a man.

No different than women that hang out in expensive places looking for guys with money.
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    The women are just as bad as the men
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

No different than women that hang out in expensive places looking for guys with money.

lmao!

Women also do what you say men do....hunt for newly gotten in shape men they deem as vulnerable. And men and women have both been known to go after the opposite sex based on financial gain, social climbing...etc....etc...etc....

As myOWNInspiration said - women are just as bad as men...
  • RyanWilson1993
    RyanWilson1993 Posts: 409 Member
    Options

Bhahahahaha
  • Deka61
    Deka61 Posts: 74
    Options
    All my "Friends" on here are female, some I know in real life having worked with them and some are internet connections just on MFP. I'd never thought much of it until this thread appeared. What I do know is this, that the girls diets are a lot more diverse and varied than mine, and often provide great ideas for new things to try, which I appreciate. There are quite a few things in my cupboards now that I didn't know even existed until diaries were viewed. I keep the "friends" who are supportive, and who without their support I doubt if I'd lost 20lbs and kept it off. Never had a friend request from any blokes though. I do tend to like to add as friends people who are in the local area, and no its not to hook up, but because we can also discus local stuff and have a common frame of reference. So when I mention the North Marine Park stairs to friend as good for exercise, they know exactly what I'm talking about.

So not all of us on here are interested in hooking up or getting into your knickers (I have some nice ones myself from M&S....joking). I am here to lose weight so I'm in better position in terms of confidence, etc to hook up in real life, not the net. Today I was able to get back into a shirt and pair of jeans that I previously couldn't get into as I had become soooo fat. Last worn 8 years ago. (yes I kept them)

So to my lady supporters, a big thanks, would not have done it without you.
  • WrenStory
    WrenStory Posts: 103
    Options

Bhahahahaha

Ethically, about the same I'd say.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    AIN'T HETERONORMATIVITY DANDY?
  • ahart78
    ahart78 Posts: 28
    Options
    Because boobs.

Hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!
  • fervc64