WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH

Options

Replies

• Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Happy Friday to All,

Good news for my weekend, I get to go pick up our new computer this afternoon when I get off work:happy: . It will be so much easier to log everything, rather than handwriting and then entering on Monday mornings. Gerald seems to have my weekend pretty busy:grumble: I was hoping to tackle all the paper work for Mom to make sure I have everything ready to get her taxes done when we head to Oregon in a few weeks. I have most of it organized I just want to make sure I don't forget anything, running my own life, keeping track of things at work (plus my bosses life) and then Mom's it's no wonder I gained weight last year!:angry:

Kicking and Screaming:angry: ....that's what every 2/10 of a pound is doing as it comes off...but it is coming off:bigsmile: . Of course we'd all like to see larger jumps at a time...but since I do the scale everyday I will have to take the small ones. I know that people say only weigh once a week, but for me that's what got me in this 30+ weight loss problem to begin with. But as Gerald said this morning "at least they are coming off".

Antiebk - so sorry to see that your B'day is National Pig Day...and how in the world did you find that out?

BirdieM - It's always a good thing when your clothes are too big:noway: ...it means there is a shopping trip in the near future.

Jackie - So glad to see you finally have the heating problem fixed...Salsa without the clothes:noway: ...I can't say that I've ever even thought of that...Your story was the LOL moment that gave me the smile for the day.

Lynn - I agree with you about throwing old clothes out. It's so much easier to throw out the big stuff but when it comes to the skinny one I hold on to them, and it's usually because they are so cute, but like you said by the time you can wear them again (if ever) they are so out of style:sad: ...but I LOVE THEM!!

VickyM- don't you just hate relosing pound that you have already taken off:ohwell: ...I've taken off these same pounds so many times I've lost count...but this time I'm determined it will be the LAST time.

SuzyQ- Already having gone from an 18 to 12....I'm sure with your determination you can get to that 10:bigsmile: ...besides with all of us rooting for you how can you not!

Called Mom last night on my way home from work, it took almost 10 rings before she picked up, it seems she was in a wheelchair and was waiting for someone to come and put her back to bed, she said she had been sitting there for an hour, which I know wasn't the case but to her it felt like it...so I called the nurses station for her (she couldn't reach her call button):grumble: and asked them to check on her..sure and glad that I have long distance included on my cell phone...amazing what we can do today even when we are 1,000 miles away.:smile:

Everyone have a Happy Friday and GO FIGHT WIN AGAINST THOSE POUNDS WE ARE BEATING OFF!:drinker:

Laura:smile:
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    Good morning ladies,
    I hope you are all doing well today. Well I know that most of you will understand what I am about to write. I weighed in today. First time in about 2 weeks since coming back from vacation. I lost 5 pounds. I am very excited about that. At the same time a little disappoint. I knew better but kind of wanted biggest loser numbers. I lost the weight from vacation which is wonderful. I still am not back at my ticker weight since holidays. that weight is next. I gained 5 in a week and it has taken me nearly 2 to lose. go figure. I know they say it is calories in vs calories out. I truly believe that but it is very hard for me to believe that I ate over 15000 calories in a week to gain. guess that is why we have to keep tracking our food. anyway I am losing again even if same weight I already lost. I will keep on track and have another lose next week. Have a good day ladies.
    Vicki M

Losing on vacation is GREAT!!!! :glasses: The only time I manage that is when I'm visiting my best friend who eats clean and exercises daily too.

I can understand your :explode: frustration though because I am RE-LOSING some birthday pounds and inches myself and I'm always disappointed when I weigh or measure and don't see much progress after "being good." I don't begin to understand why it is so much easier to gain weight from a few days of bad choices than it is to lose from days and days of good ones, but it seems to be a universal truth.

I think you need to hear part of the pep talk I recently got from my masseuse/ fitness coach. He is always telling me to only weigh once a week at most because scales lie! He says the scale's sneakiest attribute is that it doesn't just weigh fat. It weighs muscle, bone, water, internal organs and all. When you lose "weight," that doesn't necessarily mean that you've lost fat. Your scale has no way of telling you what you've lost (or gained). He often compares flab and muscles to feathers and gold: .muscle weighs more than flab, but takes up less space. He says a much better indicator of progress is your very own eyes. How do you look? How do you feel? How do your clothes fit? Are your rings looser? Do your muscles feel firmer? These are the true measurements of success. He is always telling me IF I'M EXERCISING AND EATING RIGHT, I shouldn't be be discouraged by a small gain on the scale. He says fluctuations are perfectly normal and that I should take them in stride. It truly is a matter of mind over scale. :wink:

Time to change out laundry, then work out. Happy Friday y'all! :flowerforyou:
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Jackie - LMAO! Thanks for a morning chuckle.

I sort of scanned all the posts and see that many have congratulations coming for loosing weight and hanging in there. With a week to go until our trip to Vail I have been barely staying within my calories. But, I haven't gone over yet. Whew! I know I am a nervous eater, but I am bound and determined to not have days like I did before I joined MFP.

Our yoga instructor is wonderful. ( I know I've said it a lot) This week was fast paced flow yoga to get our hearts going and to do interval training. We were all sweating yesterday by the time she let us lay down for the final relaxation.

Happy Friday!

Jeannie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,968 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: We have arrived safely after the most smoothly orchestrated trip of our lives, no drawbridge openings, crashes on the freeway, traffic jams, airport delays, lost luggage, or anything else and when we arrived we hooked up with four other people coming to the same event and when we reached the curb the shuttle from the airport to the hotel and we're in room 911:happy: :laugh: The hotel has a great fitness center but instead of walking on the treadmill for an hour we walked 30 minutes each way to a great Thai restaurant for dinner.

:flowerforyou: Jackie, about your weight loss joke, I am ROFLMAO, and when I read it to DH he felt the same way.

:flowerforyou: Suzzque, you are so right about the scale......I weigh myself morning and night and my weight fluctuates as much as 6 pounds in 24 hours......how my clothes fit is a much more accurate measure.

:flowerforyou: Laura, I weigh myself every day, but when I was losing I watched the trends and when my morning weight was under the same number for a week, then I recorded it on the calendar and on MFP. Now that I'm maintaining, even though sometimes my weight goes up or down for a day or two, I don't claim the new weight unless it stays that way for a week.

:flowerforyou: Thanks to the long walk at the airport and the walk to dinner and the exploratory walk around the hotel and 20 minutes on the exercise bike at home before we left and prudent eating during the day, I stayed just under my calories for the day and went to bed tired and happy.

:flowerforyou: Today my best friend arrives. I haven't seen her since a week before her husband died in May. We plan to spend the weekend at this event hanging out together and attending some of the meetings and talking to other people. The last time we saw each other I had lost about 30 pounds and she said I looked great, but now I've lost 40 pounds more and am nearly as small as she is. She is one of those amazing high energy people who burns calories (she works out with a trainer and plays competitive tennis) and doesn't seem to eat that much.

:flowerforyou: I am grateful to the hotel for the free wifi so I can keep in touch with you and for the Sleep Number Bed that helped us have a great night's sleep and for all the healthy food we brought with us so we can eat right.
    :heart: :heart: :drinker: :drinker: hugs, Barbie
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    Just finished a stability ball workout. Seems too easy. Can this REALLY make a difference in my torso? Guess I'll find out when I measure on Monday.
  • spaniel
    spaniel Posts: 468
    Options
    Vicki: Congrats on the weight loss over vacation! I think the light bulb has finally gone on for me...Hubby is always telling me that I don't eat enough and in the past I was the only person I knew who would lose weight on vacation and over the holidays. It must have been because I wasn't eating enough when at home and really, really exercising. So from now on, I will make sure I am getting all my calories in everyday.

Barbiecat: Hope you enjoy your weekend with your friend - it is always nice to be with dear old friends who fit comfortably like an old pair of slippers.

Have a great weekend everyone. We are off this weekend to visit with oldest son who graduated law school and passed the bar (had to brag - am sooo proud of him) ::bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Auntiebk: National Pig Day?????
  • doobiedoo
    doobiedoo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I started the morning out with a Yoga routine on the Wii, 10 minutes on the treadmill and my "Go You Chicken Fat, Go!" cd. I don't always have time before we start school to do this, but it was great! I'm going to try to accomplish that at least 3 times a week. Otherwise, I do the treadmill daily, at noon and in the evening. I will definitely be glad when warm weather gets here to stay so I can ride my bicycle! My daughter likes exercising with her Minna DVD and my son works on the Wii and treadmill. We are losing, slowly. Have a good weekend.
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    :happy: Nothing like a nice long bike ride to burn belly fat! Burn, baby burn! :glasses: And make a gal thirsty. :drinker:
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Well, I went down 2.5 pounds this week after maintaining for a week. :happy: It feels good--and my new jeans are going to be too big soon! Thank goodness for Goodwill and clearance racks!:laugh:

I will be going to dinner with my son, his girlfriend and my brother on Sunday (my brother's birthday is Wed. the 10th). We're going to Fujiyama--I LOVE that restaurant and can't wait to go again! I've promised myself healthy choices and then a diet soda cake at home with lowfat, low-calorie ice cream. That's my present to myself--to stay within my calories even if it IS my birthday!:smile:

Welcome to all the newcomers! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: You will love it here!

Barb(weaklink109)--No, I don't have dogs--I have one of those cats nobody ever talks about! (As well as a gerbil--nobody talks about them, either!:laugh: ) I'm fairly new to this area so you might want to check and see whats available for your dogs. We can meet wherever you'd like.

Jackie--as usual, your post got me laughing! I'm glad your heat has been fixed! I don't like it too warm--it makes me tired and cranky!:grumble:

Hang in there, everyone--whether we are up, down, or staying the same--we are ALL winners because we are not giving up!:drinker:

I didn't sleep very well last night so all I did this morning was some Hatha Yoga. Made up for it at work, though! The fruit tree order came in and I spent most of my time there getting them (165 of them!) arranged. I'm SO glad I have a helper now who isn't afraid of a little work!

Barbie(cat)--Have a great time this weekend with your friend! Old friends are a treasure!:heart:

Have a lovely weekend, everyone!:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    I have one of those cats nobody ever talks about!

I'm a cat person too! Violet is a 2 year old pastel calico who is a wonderful mouser and gopher catcher during the day and THE best snuggler in the evenings. I think I posted a photo of her on my profile page.
  • heartrw
    heartrw Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Greetings all. Jackie you are so funny!! :laugh: Love the diet joke. Barb you are hilarious too. Beer not sounding good at 7:23 AM. :laugh: :laugh: My Dad used to say "it's noon somewhere in the world" when someone offered him a beer before noon, but 7:23 would have been pushing it way to far!

To all those who posted losses...congrats. To those who posted only small losses or none...hang in there. I'm with Barbie...I tend to want to jump on the scale (although I do try to fight the urge) and find that my weight can fluctuate wildly during the day. What I eat makes a difference too...canned soups or prepared foods make me retain water due to the sodium, fruits and lots of fiber really clean me out, and so on. But, the scale messes with my mind, so I try to keep my weighing to a FEW times a week and not every day and I REALLY try not to weigh numerous times a day because I think it just proves I'm obsessing too much and am, perhaps, just a little nuts!! I'd like to lose weight and keep what few marbles I have intact!

Have a great night all:heart: Terri:heart::heart:
  • treasurer57
    treasurer57 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This is my 2nd month on this website. I need all of the motivation that anyone wants to give! I will have a goal that I will post my food & excercise everyday for the month of March. Good luck everyone!! Thanks for the thread!!
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    The pets I have that aren't talked about:
    Sandy - our bearded dragon, who is the sweetest thing and loves to snuggle.

Peter, the rabbit (yes that is his registered name). He is house broken and rules the roost when it comes to controling the dog beds.

Jena - the gerbil who is a rescue and must have been abused or mistreated. She is a vocal girl and loves when her mommy's mommy makes salads for the rodents. It's like she can hear me shredding lettuce in the kitchen and calls to me.

Hazel - the cat who was a good mouser and an outdoor cat until we adopted her and let her in the house. Now she can spread herself from door frame to door frame to keep from being put out but is still a good mouser if you like finding mice in the bathtub.

The fish have no names, but keep the cat entertained.

Then there are the three dogs:
    Rosie (15+ German Shepherd found on the road many years ago), Chipper (lab x) from city shelter and Peggy Sue (bird dog x) also from the city shelter.
    Chip is a momma's boy and very well behaved but he bounces when he barks like a small dog.
    Peggy is a Marley type dog but we love her and she is in no danger of going anywhere. The couch was old when she ate it anyway. It's not like we'd ever leave her inside with another one.
    Rosie is the best dog that anyone could ever want. As always it is hard to watch the one you love so much get old. We are lucky that a family that knows us who is afraid of large dogs found her, took her in the house then called us to come and get her. They knew we were suckers for Shepherds.

Somehow talking about my house pets has calmed my nerves.

Thanks for listening and have a great evening.

Jeannie
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    SuzyQ, tell us how you feel about the balance ball the 2nd day after your first workout...:happy:

Treasurer56 You are in the right place for motivation and inspiration. Look at these gal's tickers. Read their stories. Some train for triathlons, many care for elderparents, most struggle every day to balance family/work/exercise/healthy eating and life.
    All are loving, supporting and REAL. This IS the place. Welcome:flowerforyou:

smwert how's the Florida trip? One day I'll tell you the story of the only Purim Party this little Lutheran shiksa ever attended, and boy was it a W O W !:drinker:

Jeannie-Holding good thoughts for your DD.
    Bless you! Thought I was an animal nut but you leave me in the dust! How CAN you snuggle a dragon?
    When I was little (pre-5) Peter Rabbit was my favorite book, but couldn't say his name right, it came out "Abbert!" LOATHED farmer MacGregor...:huh: "The couch was old when she (Peggy) ate it anyway. It's not like we'd ever leave her inside with another one. " Snorting my Sleepytime tea again! Special hugs to Rosie. Our Rex only made it to 14 but he was the sweetest 95 lb GSD ever to bite the pants of a house painter. We TOLD him to ring the doorbell when he got to the trim and we'd put Rex in the back . . .. Rex was fine once we let you through the front door. BUT if you weren't US, and you were IN THE DOORWAY, he was ON IT!!! Joe carried Rex down the stairs to go outside for his last months.

It is killer to watch the beloveds age, whether people or pets.

It was Barb (Weaklink109) who clued me in about National Pig Day with this from Wikipedia quote
    "National Pig Day is an event held annually on March 1 in the United States to celebrate the pig. The holiday celebration was started in 1972 by sisters Ellen Stanley, a teacher in Lubbock, Texas, and Mary Lynne Rave of Beaufort, North Carolina.[1][2][3] According to Rave the purpose of National Pig Day is "to accord the pig its rightful, though generally unrecognized, place as one of man's most intellectual and domesticated animals."[2] The holiday is most often celebrated in the Midwest.[4]

National Pig Day includes events at zoos, schools,[5] nursing homes, and sporting events around the United States. It is also recognized at "pig parties" where pink pig punch and pork delicacies are served, and pink ribbon pigtails are tied around trees in the pigs' honor.[2] According to Chase's Calendar of Events, National Pig Day is on the same day as pseudo-holidays Share a Smile day and Peanut Butter Lover's day.[6] The question of whether the holiday is a time to honor pigs by "giving them a break" or to appreciate their offerings (spare ribs, bacon and ham) is an open question......" unquote

Barbie-Sounds like a great trip! Enjoy, especially your precious time with BFF. How I envy you!

OK true confessions time. While enjoying all your posts this morning, DH poked his head into the office and said "I don't hear any wii-ing." This is great. It's the first real encouragement (besides buying it for me for Xmas) Always thought the sound (especially Rhythm Boxying Right!Left!Block!) irritated him, so tried to be done before he awakened. Just goes to show that the need for clear and frequent communication is crucial for corrective feedback to those "but I THOUGHT you really felt...meant... blah blah blah" s to keep the marriage on track. Will I NEVER learn?

'nuff blathering. Kept me from wii-ing as much as I should have this morning. Future forward, the posts will be shorter and the wiis (you should pardon the expression) longer. :laugh:
  • constancemwj
    Options
    I"mmmmm so glad its friday night
    Its been on of those horrable long no good week,,, and I though we'ed never make it to now...I came home from work so tired,, opened the fridge and wanted to eati everythink inside:sick: (I'm a stress eater).....but I held out and settled for one corn dog...Still not the best chooise,, (But I did have a good lunch Fruit and yogurt. and stayed within my calories) . and then got and my treadmeal and ran... I was so proud of myself.....In jan I was challanged to do a 10K this summer... So I started running...Goal for this month is to run 2miles 3xweek. I've been doing it but not streaght ( walk 5 min. run 5 min and so on) so tonight I did it stright without walking. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.......What a good end to a long week.....

I'm also one of thoes who has to weight every day... I try to do it first think in the morning and over time I've learned not to take the scale to seriously.....when it goes up I just tell myself I gained a new muscal:laugh:

Vicki congrats,,, How did you do it...... My Hubby had been working out of state for the last 6 month. Once a month I travel down and spends as long as work will allow me to stay with him..... I have never lost, infact I useally come home with an extra pound or two,, and then have to spend the next week or two taking it back off...... the end of this month I'm going down for a whole week and have been trying to figure out how I'm going to go and not gain anything this trip..... any hints on how to do this?????

Spaniel congradulation on your son's graduation. and passing the bar......I have a 20 year old son,, who has desided that having a job and making money is more fun then college. I've been after him for almost a year now to get back in school.....I keep getting the "maybe next semester" some day I'll win, Mom's always right in the end..:laugh:

and I'm not sure if I'm a cat person or dog.... right now I have two cats Erwin and Owl.... We had a lab who went to doggy heaven last winter... Spice, she was 14 years old.. I felt like I lost one of my kids...It was very hard,,, and I haven't brought myself to replace her yet even though my kid keep trying to perswade me that I need a new doggie....so for now It's just me and the cats...But we have had ribbits, birds, snakes, sheep, pigs and horses,,,, when my kids were smaller and all still at home.....

Well its late and sleep I really need tonight.. So have a great weekend and keep moving :smile:
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Hello All--

I know said I wouldn't be back on here 'til Sat or Sun, but guess what!! Here I am.

Just have to comment on a couple of things that tickled my funny bone.,

Barb/Auntiebk-- Now that you know the sound of exercising doesn't bother your hubby, you can "Wii Wii Wii all the way home" in honor of the all those piggies we celebrated earlier this month.:wink: I am sorry the day happened to fall on your birthday.:blushing:

Constancemjw--I got a chuckle out of you describing your exercise. I applaud you for not cleaning out your fridge with an eating binge. I think, however, you might have had food on your mind, as you described your time on the "treadMEAL":laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Not to worry, the last time I checked, THINKING about food doesn't result in weight gain!!!:drinker: :drinker:

Barbiecat-- I hope that your room 911 was not on the 13th floor!!!!:bigsmile: Have a wonderful time with your friend and at your event.

I can't comment on everyone, still have to get up early.

BTW, I am back to within a pound of my current ticker reading. I hope to get it moving in the right direction again by next week. I have overcome the "MayAsWells" for now. Yesterday, someone brought in CHEESECAKE (at 350 calories and 21 grams of fat per slice:noway: ) AND Donuts!!! Yikes. I ignored them. Today, someone brought in a giant box of muffins--at least 450 calories a piece. I sat at a table where I could keep my back to the muffins and never heard them call my name all day.:drinker: :drinker:

So long for now.

Barb
  • DebbieW
    DebbieW Posts: 187
    Options
    Good morning everyone,

It's a beautiful, sunny day here in Ontario and I can hear the bluejays outside the window excitedly telling their friends to come and get peanuts for breakfast.

Well, this past week I completely changed my workout routine.

This morning as I was about to do my weigh-in I felt sure that I would either be the same weight or gain a bit. I was very surprised however to see that I had lost another pound. I guess my theory of hitting a plateau was right. You do have to switch up your routine after a while to keep your body guessing as to which muscles you are going to use next.

Well ,I think I'm going to take advantage of this gorgeous weather and get outside for some sun and fresh air.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Debbie
  • kackie
    kackie Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    DebbieW: Way to go! Your plan worked and is something that I will remember when I hit one of the plateaus that happen all too often at this stage of life. I tend to like to do the same things for exercise and my body needs a change I am sure!
    Constancemwj: I like your sign-off: to keep on moving! I think that is a great motto for everyone. I do not have any advice for how to handle a distance traveling marriage...my husband traveled all of his career but usually only for a week at a time. It is tough for you both I am sure. (Once my husband retired 2 years ago I had to get used to having him around all of the time...I guess that I had gotten used to the time at home by myself. I certainly prefer to have him with me though, so I wish you luck dealing with the "away" marriage!)

It is sunny and warm here and the garden is calling...it is a mushy mess so I may only get to pick up a bit. Spring is ALMOST here!!!!

Thanks, all, for your posts...they have helped make WEEK ONE very hopeful!!!
  • mynyddisamrs
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good afternoon everyone..... A lovely sunny day here... makes a huge difference doesn't it!!! We 've decided to empty the hot tub today so, as I write... DH is in his shorts and flip flops to get the last bit of water out etc. so .. no .swim arm exercises for a while. I expect we'll refill at the end of May. Gives us a few months to help with the "Economy Drive"" with a lower electric bill.
    :smile: This afternoon I'm going to get the holiday bag out to start packing for next week. We're staying with my son & co. for four days before we all go away. :heart: It's Mother's Day on 14th and I'm having a lovely belated present of a facial & manicure . So on the evening before we fly, DIL and I will have some pampering ... can't wait. It's taken me 3 years to have nice nails because while I was a work my hands were always subjected to washing up and harsh cleaning "stuff". I'll pack for my mum's respite stay next Friday when she's out for the day. We can't tell her she's going away until the day as she gets very confused and agitated. We'll find her trying to pack every day and ready to go at 3am each morning .... so it's sshhh! 'til then.

Sorry ...couldn't Not weigh this morning and:ohwell: the weight was the same at 152lbs. I am going to be good today and feel I will stick to the plan ... exercycle, log the food and stick to it. Tomorrow I'll be lighter ....

And .... to all those who have fridge magnets on their fridge...... Take heed of this warning !!!
    If you have metal fillings in your teeth or braces on your teeth ... DO NOT WALK TOO NEAR THE FRIDGE....:devil: The magnets may well drag you in ... You'll never lose weight that way!!

:flowerforyou: Have a great weekend ...be good, healthy and happy folks.

BFN
    Jackie
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Suezzzque--Violet is beautiful! :flowerforyou:
    I posted a picture of my cat. His name is Krispy--the markings on his sides looked like perfect donuts when he was small and so my daughter named him Krispy Kreme.:ohwell:
    He used to be an outdoor cat but we live on a busy street now so we keep him in. He's not too fond of the idea, but he likes the cars, trucks, etc. less than he likes being outside! If he does get out he's back within 5 minutes--as long as nobody chases him. Then it becomes a game, but we've learned to ignore him and he comes right back! (He actually sits on our neighbor's porch waiting for us to chase him!)

Terri--I find the same thing. Processed foods make me retain water. Ugh! My son and his girlfriend have a bad habit of having pizza on Thursdays--and Friday is weigh-in! I usually only have one piece now plus a BIG salad!

Jeannie--I had a rabbit when I was young. I loved him--he was housebroken, too.
    My gerbil is Daisy and she's an only gerbil now. We had another (that the cat brought home a few years ago--someone had released their gerbils instead of taking them to a pet store or trying to find new homes for them!:angry: ) (Krispy loves to cuddle small animals--he rarely 'played' with them the way cats tend to.)
    We were able to get the gerbils living together and they would groom each other, etc. but Lily was an older lady and she died a few months ago.
    I would love to get a dog someday but my son wants to wait until we actually own the house we are living in.

Debbie--Great!:drinker: I'm glad that mixing it up helped! I'll have to remember that!

I was SO tired last night that I ended up eating the last 4 chocolate chip cookies! :grumble: Ugh! I KNEW I should have just gone to bed!
    Oh well, I'll be doing my Shred today and then some work on the lawn--the poor thing looks sad and needs a lot of help! The people who lived here before us (we moved to this house last September) didn't take care of ANYTHING!
    I also want to dig up the front garden and get some shade plants for it and then move the very unhappy sun-loving plants that are there now to the side yard where they will get a LOT more sun and hopefully do better.
    There aren't too many of them so I'll still have plenty of room there for some vegetables.
    I'm SO excited! A REAL garden! I've lived in apartments for the past 20 years, so even the small yard we have now is a real treat!:happy:

Welcome, Treasure (I hope I got that right!):flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Just jump right in --you'll be glad you did!