Why aren't YOU watching biggest loser?!

Options
1234568»

Replies

• RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I actually watched it for the first time last night, and I was absolutely appalled by it. I will not be watching it again.

I'm certain far more goes on than is shown in the show and I can only suspect that it's far more helpful than the things that are shown, but not a chance I'm going to watch something that uses the abuse and humiliation of fat people to make money.
  • caitlyn30
    caitlyn30 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I personally like having kids on the show. I think its a good idea. 1. they don't treat them like the adults. 2. it might motivate other children sitting at home watching tv to get up and move.

when did they start having kids on this show?..hmmm..not so sure how i feel about that...
  • Richie2shoes
    Richie2shoes Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I watch the season finale, just to see the differences. I think the show itself is disheartening when I'm trying to get in shape.
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I don't relate to people who are that huge... I can't imagine what it's like to be too heavy to do certain exercises, to have to cut out so many calories and lose 50-100+ lbs. I've watched it a few times, but the advice/workouts are never really anything I would do. And I don't care for the drama aspect of reality shows.

I wouldn't mind seeing a show about average or slim people who have 5-10lbs to lose, or a contest on who can build the most muscle or strength! Photos, measurement, body fat, hand grip, strength tests...
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    One reason it encourages me is that I try to find a woman who started out at my weight or around it 232 pounds. Although I don't like to see myself in the mirror when I see her I am appalled that that is what I look like. I like the storys of what happens when they are sent home. Like last night it showed a family, yes a family, working out together.
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I listened to enough screaming an yelling while growing up and I don't need that kind of motivation.
  • Joethebull
    Options
    find it boring and not very helpful.