Fit & Fun Sized Group~March

Options
March Thread for the Fit & Fun Sized Group. Petite size group 5'4 & under. Any short people who need support are welcome!!

Replies

• hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" - If only I was 3" taller - I wouldn't have a weight problem - Ha ha
  • CityGirlatHeart
    Options
    I'm 5'3" - If only I was 3" taller - I wouldn't have a weight problem - Ha ha

I always say the same thing, if only I was a little taller lol, I'm 5'2 btw
  • angiesteele
    angiesteele Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and 205 lbs. Not currently my heaviest though!
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    5'1" (with shoes :laugh: ) and 150lbs

I'm down 5lbs since December - that was also boosted by 2 rounds of the flu... so hopefully I can maintain that and keep losing!
  • marilla
    marilla Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    My husband leaves for Basic Training on Monday. It admit that it will be hard not to indulge this week and to make myself work out, but I hope to do better once his Swiss Rolls aren't around and he's not available to go out to eat with. Trying to look on the bright side as I face 16 weeks without my new husband :smile:
  • abbie38
    abbie38 Posts: 128
    Options
    Yay, a group I can join! (yes?) I'm 5'3 :)
  • lukasmac
    lukasmac Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'3'' ... do I qualify? :oP
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    Yay! I'm 5'3" and right at 150 pounds...Seriously...only 3 or 4 inches taller and I'd practically be a movie star! Ha ha! Not quite but I'd feel like one! lol! Anything special anyone is trying this month to loose weight?
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    jz - Thanks for starting the new thread.

Welcome to all the newbies and I hope you stick around and post with us.

Don't we all wish we were taller. Just think - no more hemming pants. Sadder still is the fact that as we get older, we get shorter. =(

My March goals are the same as my February ones were and I met those. I think I did a much better job at living on my daily calories and I did OK with my exercise goal too. I lost 1 pound and 1 inch around my hips and my waist.

Marilla- Sorry to hear your new hubby is gone already. I hope these weeks fly by for you and you are successful with staying on track without him around.

JAM
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,992 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :flowerforyou: This has been a helpful thread for me.

:flowerforyou: Welcome to all the new members----take it one day a t a time and remember "if you're moving, you're losing"

:flowerforyou: I've maintained my goal weight for a month and feel good about how I'm eating and exercising

:flowerforyou: Marilla,---sorry your new hubby is gone already........you can stick to your healthy habits while he's gone and wow him when he gets back.
    :heart: :heart: hugs:heart::heart: Barbie
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'3'' ... do I qualify? :oP

If you stand on your knees, you'd probably be about the right height......:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Today is week 1 day 2 of the Insanity program and I completed the Plyometrics Cardio Circuit. This dvd totally kicked my butt. I started out pretty strong but by the time we were doing the suicide drill 2 (hop into plank position, complete 4 push ups, 8 mountain climbers, jump back up) I was about pooped. Then after the suicide drills to the ski abs and the in and out abs had my shoulders and abs burning. I can still feel the burn as I type this post but I'll be back at it tomorrow giving it my all.
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    Wow didn't know this group was here, but see some buddies from other threads (thanks Barb!).

4'11"
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    Don't we all wish we were taller. Just think - no more hemming pants.

And no more trying to climb up grocery shelves to get that Can/Box/Bag that's waaaaaaaaaay up there.... :laugh:
  • jzbaby626
    jzbaby626 Posts: 466
    Options
    Hi to all the new members! Hope you all stick around and add to our group! :flowerforyou:
    So, I was getting ready to work out earlier & i looked down & guess what i saw...MY FEET!! :laugh: haha..Usually I can see my toes, but the rest of the feet are eclipsed by my round lil tummy. But NOT TODAY!! I could see my whole entire foot! :happy: I can defaintly see a difference in my stomach. I also notice I have more muscle/less fat in my back & my thighs are slimming down. I finally feel like I am making some progress! It feels great after months of hard work!! :bigsmile: 40 mins of Total Body Circuit Training is done for the day & now I am ready to eat. Have a good day everyone.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Jzbaby: It's amazing how we measure our level of success, I'm glad u can see them feet again. Keep up the good work!
  • jam0525
    Options
    Hi to all the new members! Hope you all stick around and add to our group! :flowerforyou:
    So, I was getting ready to work out earlier & i looked down & guess what i saw...MY FEET!! :laugh: haha..Usually I can see my toes, but the rest of the feet are eclipsed by my round lil tummy. But NOT TODAY!! I could see my whole entire foot! :happy: I can defaintly see a difference in my stomach. I also notice I have more muscle/less fat in my back & my thighs are slimming down. I finally feel like I am making some progress! It feels great after months of hard work!! :bigsmile: 40 mins of Total Body Circuit Training is done for the day & now I am ready to eat. Have a good day everyone.

JZ - That is awesome. I bet they are the most beautiful feet in the world too!

JAM
  • jzbaby626
    jzbaby626 Posts: 466
    Options
    Thanks guys! :wink: Laziness won today, no workout this morning. I just feel so sleepy! :yawn: :yawn: If i can work up some motivation I will exercise later. I'm going to keep a close eye on calories since I don't have extra today. Thats what I hate about when I don't workout. 1200 calories a day is like nothing! It was grapes & cottage cheese for breakfast today (not that thats a bad thing, its one of my favs). I'm so close to my 1st mini goal that I don't want to mess it up. And I DO NOT want to wait ANOTHER week to reach it! I'm 0.2 lbs away from 140...so close I can taste it lol. Then its on to the 130's!! I REALLY cant wait to see that! Ok enough babbeling...have a good day everyone!!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning all! Today is week 1 day 3 of the Insanity program for me and I completed Cardio Power & Resistance and I'm just about toast. I mean between completing the power jacks, log jumps, 1-2-3 jumps, high knees and vertical jumps during the warm up phase and the power jumps, belt kicks, hit the floor, hurdle jumps, globe jumps and 8 hop squats as part of the actual workout its a wonder I can even walk. I must admit, I'm cursing at Shaun T all through the workout but so happy that I continue to push through it (w/my own inserted breaks of course) that all is forgiven at the end of the 39 minutes.

Jzbaby: Take a nap and then get that workout in this afternoon. Do all you can to meet your first mini goal.
  • jam0525
    Options
    I did not buy, but I tried on and fit into size 12 jeans today. I didn't like them but just wanted to see if they'd fit and they do. It was so exciting. I am not going to buy any clothes until I am in the 140's (which is just a couple of pounds away).

I bought a Walk at Home workout DVD to bring with my on my trip. It kicked my ___! I will try to do it 2x's a week until we go and then every day at the hotel.

Both my daughter and I are bringing our laptops with us. I think we both better bring earphones too. lol

Have a great hump day evening.

JAM