Fit & Fun Sized Group~March

Options

Replies

• Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday all! Today is week 3 day 4 of the Insanity program which means its A RECOVERY DAY....WOOHOO! With my TOM and cramps in full effect I really needed and looked forward to completing the Cardio Recovery dvd. I sooo love Thursday b/c it's the one day of the week where Shaun T hasn't lost his mind and I don't find myself questioning why I decided to tackle this program. Well the workout is done and now it's time to head to work. Hope everyone has a great day and a wonderful workout.
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Just a quick post to say DD's surgery went well, but was longer and harder than expected. I should be able to start back in on Monday and I hope everyone is well.

JAM
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,943 Member
    Options
    Just a quick post to say DD's surgery went well, but was longer and harder than expected. I should be able to start back in on Monday and I hope everyone is well.

JAM
    I'm so happy to hear that that your daughter's surgery went well and happy to be hearing from you again.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • hollyindallas
    hollyindallas Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi! Hoping to join if it's ok, 5'1 with shoes. I see some pretty impressive loss numbers here, hope to be able to post some eventually.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning and HAPPY FRIDAY! Today is week 3 day 5 of the Insanity program and I completed the Cardio Power and Resistance dvd. I'm still not at the top of my game b/c of TOM but I must admit I get better each passing day. I can't believe i'm just about done w/my 3rd week of the Insanity program. I watched the Plyometrics dvd for month 2 and don't think I'll be ready to take on that beast. I know I have a couple more weeks before month 2 begins but the dvd is a tad bit intimidating.

Anyway, I hope everyone is able to get off to a great start today and gets in an AWESOME workout.

I'm off to get ready for work. Hopefully I'll be able to check in w/everyone a little later.

Jzbaby: Sorry I never responded to your earlier post. I never got back around to reading them until today. Thank you for the compliment regarding my fit test and I like them both but I will say that P90X is MUCH EASIER to me than Insanity. From the beginning I was pretty much able to keep pace w/Tony Horton and the P90X participants. I did modify some moves but mainly b/c of problems w/my knee vs not being able to keep up. HOWEVER, Shaun T has lost his dang mind in Insanity. I have to really pace myself or else I wouldn't be able to complete a workout. I've decided to just go at my own pace and not bother trying to keep up w/them. I might get there one day but that day has yet to arrive. I hope your workouts are coming along nicely.
  • jzbaby626
    jzbaby626 Posts: 466
    Options
    Hey, hope you all had a great week. I didnt have such a good one. I ate OKAY..not great, not horrible. But I didnt work out one day this week! ahhh no excuse just laziness. It is too close to summer & i've put in too much work to give up now! I promise myself Monday I will start fresh with a workout and not pig out this weekend. Choco- I can tell just by the infomercial he has lost his mind!! lol Have a good weekend everyone :smile:
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    Hi all... haven't been around this week, had some family issues that had to be tended to out-of-state... so I've been eating SO bad the last 3 days and no opportunities to work out (besides walking in airports for connecting flights). I'm going to weigh tomorrow and just take it for what it is, hopefully it's not TOO much of a gain. :frown:

Hopefully I can get back on track now. :ohwell:
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    I use to belong to the group I fell of the band wagon but wanting to joining again :)
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    welcome back lisa :flowerforyou:
  • marilla
    marilla Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I have been eating better, but I am still trying to get back on the workout wagon. I will, though.
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    Im back at it! I got a good workout in this morning :happy: I went to my cousins baby shower this weekend. She asked if I had lost weight and kept complimenting me on how good I looked!! :love: It felt GREAT! My mom and boyfriend have told me I look good, but it is different coming from them because I know they would say that just to make me feel good. My cousin had not seen me for a couple months and didnt even know I was trying to lose weight. I have been wearing baggy t-shirts and sweatpants for most of the winter. Since the weather has gotten nice I've been wearing tighter shirts and pants & have really notice a difference in my body. That compliment was just what I needed to renew my motivation. My body IS changing and people ARE noticing and i LOVE IT!! lol and i must say...it might be taking me kinda long to lose this weight but i am eating LOVELY along the way :tongue: I'm sorry but i just cant eat like a rabbit EVERY day!! I'm starting to feel like my old self again :smooched: yayy
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Despite the arthritis in the lower back acting up all day, the cold, rainy day and how extremely exhausted I am I have completed today's workout. The back only saw a little relief so I opted to complete 36 minutes of a Leslie Sansone dvd in hopes of being able to bring it w/my Cardio Power and Resistance workout tomorrow.

My plan is to make it an early night so I can get up bright and early tomorrow and knock out the workout.

Jzbaby: Your hard work is paying off AND ppl are noticing, doesn't get much better than that. Glad u got the boost u needed to keep plowing away at it. Keep it up.
  • 4kidz4me
    4kidz4me Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey everyone! I am 5'0"! Last winter I lost around 30lbs to almost gain it all back a year later. Ughh! I have now figured out that if you stop eating well and exercising that you gain the weight back. DUH! So I am ready to move past this all and start my weight loss journey again. I am going to set some mini goals now!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning! Today is week 4 day 2 of the Insanity program and I completed the Cardio Power & Resistance dvd. While I'm no where near mastering this program I'm finding myself getting a tad bit bored w/the repetition of the dvds and need to find some way to keep it fresh. My history has shown is that when I get bored I begin to dread working out and then stop altogether. I have no desire for this to happen this time around so I'm trying to pay attention to the signs.

I may look into taking a boot camp class for at least a month. When I took 2 sessions back in the fall I had a blast and absolutely loved the fact that the instructor changed it up frequently so I never knew what to expect. I saw pretty good results too my only problem of course was $$$$.

If anyone has suggestions please feel free to share.

4kidz4me: Glad ur back in the game. If you took the weight off before you can definitely do it again but remember this is a lifestyle change so exercising and eating healthy have to be a part of your life now. You may not have to exercise has hard or as long to maintain but you have to incorporate it into your life in some manner.
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    Whew that workout kicked my butt today!!! I was complaining the whole way thru, but i completed it lol. It was all cardio and I am not used to that. The workouts I do are usually more like circuit training and alternate between strength & cardio. I switch it up a lot because I get bored easily like you Choco. You could do the bootcamp and still do Insanity, just not everyday. Or you could alternate Insanity with a different workout program. I dont know if you are into running, but I hear a lot of people here talk about the Couch 2 5K running program for begginer runnners.

4kidz4me- Congrats on getting back on the wagon!!
  • jam0525
    Options
    Welcome newbies and welcome back to those who haven't posted here in a while.

Despite being out of state for DD's surgery we did not eat that badly. It was too hard to get take out in Vail and so expensive we only had dessert once the whole 10 days. I tried to walk while DD was in pt, but everytime I left I got called back to the facility.

On the positive side DD needs to use a stationary bike 2x's a day for the next 3-6 months, so we bought a used one on Craig's list. It's motivational to have a new source of exercise at home.

I hope you have all been well and on track. If not there is no time like today to get back on track which is what I'm doing. lol

JAM
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Happy Wednesday! It's the middle of the week and a beautiful day out and I couldn't be more excited. Today is week 4 day 3 of the Insanity Program and I completed the Plyometric Cardio Circuit dvd. Yesterday I posted about being a bit bored w/the Insanity program and a few of my fellow MFPers offered some really good advice and I decided to take the advice and use it in this mornings workout. I was told by few different ppl to select a particular part of the workout and try to improve in that area. So w/today's Plyometric workout I decided to focus on improving my ability in completing the first circuit (suicide drills, power jacks, standing mountain climbers, ski downs).

Thank to all that offered some suggestions on how to get through this bit of boredom. I'm unsure if I can do it long term but it did help today and that's what it's about.....One Day at a Time!

Have a great day everyone.
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    Hey yall. 30 minute workout done. I am doing the Skinny Wednesday Challenge someone posted on here, so I have to double my workout today. That means I still need to do something else. I'm not sure what yet. I also have to double up on water and not eat anything after dinner. I usually drink about 6 cups so I am aiming for 12 today. Two down, 10 to go. I hope my after dinner coffee doesnt count as having anything after dinner cause I aint givin that up :tongue: Have a good day :glasses:
  • jam0525
    Options
    jzbaby- good luck with skinny Wednesday! That sounds like a fun challenge.

Choco- I understand about being bored. Hopefully, the suggestions helped.

I did 20 minutes on the stationary bike and later I plan to do 20 minutes on the Wii.

From now until May I have to do PT with my daughter at least once a day, most times twice a day. We had to buy a stationary bike. Luckily, we got one used from Craig's list. So while DD is on the ice machine I ride the bike. lol

PT is physically draining and I'm sure I'm burning calories but have no idea how many so they will be bonus calories.

Have a great day ladies,

JAM
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    It's Thursday, It's Thursday, one more day before the weekend can begin! Today is week 4 day 4 of the Insanity program which means it's a recovery day, Yippee, Yippee! Instead of completing the Cardio Recovery dvd I rocked it out this morning to Cardio X of the P90X. I really like that dvd b/c it gives you a little bit of everything (Yoga X, Kenpo X, Plyo & Core) and it's not as long as the other P90X workouts.