Fit & Fun Sized Group~March

Options

Replies

• jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    QUOTED

I've never checked my BMR. This might be a silly question but how can I check it? I had spinal fusion surgery, I had a titanium rod & 2 screws inserted in my lower back so it will be a very long recovery. I have been thinking about raising my caloric intake for the day but I'm terrified to gain even more.

EDITED: I just checked my BMR on a website and it said my BMR is 1359.15. Should I raise my intake?
    QUOTED

Noseovertail - Yes I would raise my calories to 1360. Anything less than that could lead to starvation mode. You might even start with 1400 and then bump down in a month depending on if you loose anything or not. From your surgery I'd assume that you are not allowed to do anything impact. If so, are you allowed to do walking for exercise? Check out Walk at Home by Leslie Sansone. She has many DVDs and you could get a beginning walking DVD. In the video there is always an instructor doing the lowest impact and easiest level. As you loose weight you will need to check your BMR and adjust your calories.

JAM

PS: Sorry about the duplicate post before. I am not sure what happened.
  • noseovertail
    Options
    QUOTED

I've never checked my BMR. This might be a silly question but how can I check it? I had spinal fusion surgery, I had a titanium rod & 2 screws inserted in my lower back so it will be a very long recovery. I have been thinking about raising my caloric intake for the day but I'm terrified to gain even more.

EDITED: I just checked my BMR on a website and it said my BMR is 1359.15. Should I raise my intake?
    QUOTED

Noseovertail - Yes I would raise my calories to 1360. Anything less than that could lead to starvation mode. You might even start with 1400 and then bump down in a month depending on if you loose anything or not. From your surgery I'd assume that you are not allowed to do anything impact. If so, are you allowed to do walking for exercise? Check out Walk at Home by Leslie Sansone. She has many DVDs and you could get a beginning walking DVD. In the video there is always an instructor doing the lowest impact and easiest level. As you loose weight you will need to check your BMR and adjust your calories.

JAM

PS: Sorry about the duplicate post before. I am not sure what happened.

Thank you JAM, I will try raising my caloric intake. I'm excited to be able to eat more, though scared it will just pack on more pounds. I guess the only way to find out is to try! I've heard good things about Leslie Sansone's workouts, I will definitely have to pick one up. Thanks again.
  • Sunsh1ne
    Sunsh1ne Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Hahaha, I've been telling my boyfriend that I'm "fun sized" for years. I am so in.
  • jandie
    jandie Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Girls! I got out and enjoyed the Kansas sunshine today! It's been amazing to see how my overall mood has improved in the last week with increased sunshine... and walking a mile after dinner every night helps too!

Last night the kids rode their bikes while I walked the dog behind... at one point my 12 yo son decided to backtrack a block. As he went past me I took off sprinting - two long blocks later he caught back up to me. I wouldn't have stopped but he was screaming, peddling as fast as he could right next to me, my 10 yo DD was screaming - cheering me on - and I got the giggles. We all fell into the grass and laughing. I CAN NOT imagine that happening in the last few years! I LOVE IT!

297898.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • jam0525
    Options
    Welcome Sunsh1ne! Nice picture. It looks like you've come a long way already.

Jandie - Good for you! Even if you did scare your son a little trying to keep up with you.

Noseovertail - hopefully you will start loosing weight and feeling better having a full tummy. I wish I had gotten a Walk at Home DVD at the beginning. They are really a lot of fun. They aren't rehearsed so some times they get out of step or go the wrong way, so when I do the same thing at home I don't feel so bad. lol

I did 30 minutes on the Wii Fit tonight and I'm about 150 calories under for the day (includes exercise calories) and I am stuffed.

Have a nice evening everyone,

JAM
  • jzbaby626
    jzbaby626 Posts: 466
    Options
    Uggh, no workout again this morning to top out a bad weekend. The weekend comes and for some reason my brain automatically thinks "hey its the weekend, lets eat anything i want to!". I wish I could have more self control sometimes! I need to kick my *kitten* back into gear. I am too close to my 1st goal to start messing up now! Its just so hard to be so diciplined EVERY SINGLE DAY! Anyway, enough whining, just needed to vent! It's a new week so here we go.........
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Today is week 2 day 2 of the Insanity program which means I had to complete the PURE EVIL (Pure Cardio) dvd. Just knowing I had to complete this workout had me dreading getting out of bed this morning. It may have been that I don't feel 100% today as well but in any case I got up and got the workout in. I tried to pace myself so I could take fewer breaks but it didn't really work for me. I'm noticing I'm taking most of my breaks when I'm completing an exercise that involves the shoulders (level 2 drills - plank - 8 push ups - 8 mountain climbers, suicide jumps and push up jacks). My upper body strength sucks (although getting better) so all of the exercise involving upper body cause me to get tired a lot quicker than lower body exercises.
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    I feel so much better after getting a nice workout in this morning! I punished myself by doing the BL Last Chance Workout lol. Followed by 10 mins extra cardio. It doesnt change the last couple bad days I've had, but it feels a lot better to get back in the swing of it after a couple days off.
    Choco- I notice I have trouble with exercises that involve shoulders too, esp. planks & mountain climbers.
    Have a good day everyone.
  • jandie
    jandie Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies!

Choco and jzbaby - I didn't realize my upper body strength until I went to bootcamp with a friend. She has great definition - her arms are cut! We were doing some work with hand weights, I had 3 lbs. I looked over and she was struggling with 1 lb-ers! I thought - what the heck!? So I guess now we're even. I'm jealous of her guns and she's jealous of my strength! LOL! I'm looking at her as great motivation now - she's very fit and I know it's only a matter of time before I can get there too!

:drinker: Here's to hoping you all find what motivates you!

J.

297898.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • 10more
    10more Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hey PurpleAshes & 10more welcome to the group! :flowerforyou:

Thanks! :flowerforyou: I weighed in today and lost .4 pound for this week. My mini goal is to lose another 1.5 pounds for the month of March.

How often do you measure?

Congrats on the loss! Usually I measure every 2 weeks. Sometimes I will after a week if i'm anxious to see if I lost anything lol.

Thanks! I should probably measure again this week :smile:

I can't believe tomorrow is Wednesday already and I haven't exercised yet this week :ohwell: I need to get back into it.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,992 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I'm home from a long weekend out of town.......most of my exercise was walking in the airport, walking to restaurants, and walking the stairs in the hotel....I stayed within my calories and the stair walking helped me find some muscles I didn't know I had.......I got to see friends who hadn't seen me since I lost the last 40-70 pounds so it was great fun.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: I didn't get nearly as much exercise today with meetings all morning and a huge pile of papers and laundry to deal with and now:yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: I'm off to bed. hugs:heart::smooched: :heart: :smooched: Barbie
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning all! Today is week 2 day 3 of the Insanity program which means I'm suppose to complete the Plyometrics Cardio Circuit dvd. I didn't sleep well last night due to some congestion and a slight headache so needless to say when the alarm went off at 5 am I was not happy about having to get up and complete this workout and a battle between good vs evil ensued. I am happy to announce that the good side was victorious and the workout is complete. Now I will admit I didn't go hard but I did give it what I had and that is good enough for me today.
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    Wow Choco- You are a trooper! Getting up at 5 am to exercise is not something I could ever see myself doing. Now that is dedication!
    I have a horrriblle back ache today. I barely got any sleep last night cause of it. I had one like this a week or so ago. I dont know if it is from working out or not. I didn't want to aggravate it more so I skipped the work out today :frown: I wanted to do it too, the week is halfway over already & I wanted to get some results this week. But it doesnt look like that is going to happen. I also feel like I am coming down with a cold & it is my TOM. Overall just not a good week for me :angry: :grumble: Hopefully tomorrow I will feel better so I can get a good workout in.
  • jam0525
    Options
    Welcome to our newbies. Glad you found us and hope you stay posting with us.

This week is rough. I have been over my calories a little. Can't say I'm surprised as it has been a very stressful week. On top of the trip to Vail this weekend hubby got selected for jury duty so I am covering picking up the kids.

I'm not sure if I will have time to post for the next few days. We have lots to do before Saturday morning when we leave.

Pray for good driving weather between Albuquerque and Denver for us!

JAM
  • Sunsh1ne
    Sunsh1ne Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I did a workout from Women's Health over the weekend - damn! I'm still sore! It completely blasted all the big muscles in my thighs, and it hurt to sit down or get up for two days!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,992 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Line dance class, exercise bike, and a long walk at the dog park :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • noseovertail
    Options
    I had physical therapy today and he kicked my butt! Then afterwards I walked around and shopped for a few hours. This is a lot for me :) I also picked up a "Walk Away The Pounds" DVD that I'm going to begin tomorrow!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning my workout buddies! It's just one more work day til the weekend begins and i'm looking forward to it. Today is week 2 day 4 of the Insanity program which means IT'S RECOVERY DAY....WooHoo. I so look forward to Thursday b/c it's the one day where Shaun T hasn't lost his dang mine...LOL. The dvd is shorter and while the moves are still intense they are not as fast which gives me an opportunity to actually catch my breath. So when it was all said and done, I had completed 32 minutes of the Cardio Recovery dvd and 15 minutes of the Cardio Abs dvd. What a great way to begin the work day. I still feel like I'm coming down with a cold (sniffling, sneezing, scratchy throat) but feel slightly better than yesterday.
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    Have a safe trip Jam!

Great job everyone on keeping active! I did a round of C25K last night - I even surprised myself that I can easily run for 3min at a time now. :laugh:

Choco - a coworker is doing Insanity also and I told him that there's a girl on here that gets up at 5am to do it and I think this was his only response..:noway: :noway: :noway: :bigsmile:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning all! All i can say is Thank Goodness It's Friday (TGIF) because my energy level is waning and this cold is not getting any better. Today is week 2 day 5 of the Insanity Program which means I was suppose to complete the Cardio Power Resistance dvd but just did not have the energy to complete it this morning. Since I wanted to do some type of cardio workout I decided to complete the Cardio X dvd of the P90X series. I struggled a little since I was a bit congested but overall did a great job. I probably will not complete an Insanity dvd until Monday when I complete my 2nd fit test. I plan on heading to the gym tomorrow and taking either the kickboxing or spinning class.

Have a great day!