Do you log your binges?

Options

Replies

• honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    No because I too eat too much, too fast if I'm binging. Today was a bad day though, and I actually did log everything. I made tacos for dinner, and my total calories came to ~625 for dinner, and almost 2000 for the whole day (before my exercise was added in). It disgusted me to see it in black and white and makes me want to push even harder tomorrow.

2000 is really not bad and 625 calories for dinner is standard for me. Don't beat yourself up, it is not healthy.
  • katejayne4
    Options
    Hey,

I started by not logging times when I really binged out or just 'guessed' the calories (of course being very generous to myself!) Now, like yourself I've started to log the binges and I've found it really beneficial especailly when it tells you at the end what you would weigh in 5 weeks if you ate like this every day!! WOW!!
  • tenajh
    tenajh Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    yes - not here to impress anyone, feel embarrassed or feel like a failure. I live life in a very positive fashion and cannot keep to strict diets.
  • carolinelittle
    carolinelittle Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I would, it is about being honest.
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Yes indeed, I expect Valentines Day to be my next 'binge' so to speak and that'll be logged just like every other day. We're still allowed to live our lives, a day here and there isn't a problem the trick is to make sure it doesn't turn into one or 2 a week, 5 or 6 a month etc etc until you get back to old ways.
  • appelsiinipuu
    appelsiinipuu Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I ate too much today and didn't want to log it... but I did. It was hard to see the calories, but I do feel a lot better for having logged everything.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Yep. Seeing that number makes me think a lot harder the next time. True story.
  • Lyndsjane17
    Options
    I would log everything as you might see a pattern as to why you binge.. I know I always binge when I am tired and have a hangover!!
  • TinaHumphries
    TinaHumphries Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Yes. I own it then I move on. No sense in hiding it or beating myself up over it.

This ^^^^^
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Log everything. It is a real wake up call.

+1
  • atvfanatics1
    Options
    ABSOLUTELY!! If I don't log them then who is losing out and who am I cheating ... myself! I also take pictures of my food with my iPhone so I can sit down and log EVERYTHING if I'm short on time. I will even log 2-3 potatoe chips or 1 hershey's kiss or a hand full of peanuts because I need to know the absolute truth about when I am putting in my own body.

Be true to yourself people! Those binges and little cheat add up. And if you're questioning "I don't understand why I can't lose weight or I'm gaining weight" then maybe it's because you are not logging everything.
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    I've found if I don't log the binges, the next one is worse.
  • VickyO1977
    VickyO1977 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Until now I have not always logged all of my binges but my commitment to myself is to be 100% upfront about what I eat, what is he point of hiding it you are only cheating yourself.
  • highwhite
    Options
    Absolutely. I feel its important to have a record of both the good and the bad. This way if at the next weighin there hasnt been a loss it gives you some indication of why. "The most important person to be true to is yourself"
  • Cherie7575
    Options
    Yes, log EVERYTHING.

Pugs! (sorry I miss my puggy. Ill have one again someday for sure).

I'm only about a month in, and I log everything for the most part. Those cheat/binge days are hard, but we all have them. And I needn't worry so much about what others might think about it anyway. It's more about me being accountable.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    It should be defined what everyone is calling a "binge"

Grabbing a few cookies and going over your calories by 5 or 6 hundred is not a "binge", you just "overate" or "cheated".

A "binge" is when you mindlessly and blindly realize you are in the kitchen surrounded by food wrappers and barely remember putting anything in your mouth. Some people triple their calorie goal in 10 minutes.
    They can't log that. It's a mental illness that requires counseling.

I've seen people say they "binged" and ended the day at 2000 calories. NOT a binge in ANY way, that's called "eating at maintenance" for a lot of people, and for some that's still a deficit. And for a few, they overate a bit. Still not a binge.

I understand you may be upset you "lost willpower and ate too many cookies", but you probably didn't binge.
    Let's just stop overusing the word.

And if you find yourself overeating from time to time compulsively, perhaps your calorie goal is set too low and your body is telling you something.
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    No because I too eat too much, too fast if I'm binging. Today was a bad day though, and I actually did log everything. I made tacos for dinner, and my total calories came to ~625 for dinner, and almost 2000 for the whole day (before my exercise was added in). It disgusted me to see it in black and white and makes me want to push even harder tomorrow.

This is not a binge. 2000 calories for a day, even without exercise, is a very normal amount of food for an adult female. Some people, if they are active enough, can lose weight eating 2000 calories a day. And 625 is also a reasonable amount for a satisfying meal. You should not feel disgusted by normal amounts of food.
  • F1953
    F1953 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I think it's important to. Sometimes, at someone's house, a party or out to eat, it is difficult to judge what your intake is. I would like them to include a feature where you can drop out certain ingredients if you don't eat them (like the scoop of ice cream and the whipped cream that are often included, but that I never eat). Also, a calculator (incase, for example, you are sharing a dessert with several others). I try to get it all, in there, but don't always succeed. I was horrified that on Thanksgiving day, I ate a little over 3000 calories.
  • F1953
    F1953 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I think it's important to. Sometimes, at someone's house, a party or out to eat, it is difficult to judge what your intake is. I would like them to include a feature where you can drop out certain ingredients if you don't eat them (like the scoop of ice cream and the whipped cream that are often included, but that I never eat). Also, a calculator (in case, for example, you are sharing a dessert with several others). I try to get it all, in there, but don't always succeed. I was horrified that on Thanksgiving day, I ate a little over 3000 calories.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Yes.