30 Day Shred (January 2013)

Options

Replies

• mommy2maddox
    mommy2maddox Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 2. I started yesterday (for the 4th time or something crazy in the past 2 years. Never get past day 10. I MUST do it this time!) on level one. I literally started bawling my eyes out 10 minutes into it. I haven't worked out in about 3 months and I'm sure that is part of the emotion and pain. But, we just moved to AZ from Denver 8 days ago and I think the flood gates just opened. I cried the last 15 minutes and then for 10 more after that. Then, I cried last night randomly! :P I JUST finished my workout today but I did level 2 (I was curious about it) and I didn't cry! I do, however, kinda feel like throwing up and my legs are shaking like crazy!

I'm ready to do this! Count me in!
  • mvtck
    mvtck Posts: 5
    Options
    Just did day 3 and I am hurting. It hurts to sit, stand and walk. I did the Brazilian Butt Lift for 3 months and stopped in Nov. I was using 10lbs weights and figured I could do that with Jillian Michaels. I can barley get through the strength workouts. I have to use the 10 lbs because I refuse to buy smaller weights, I am going to push myself it will keep me motivated. I am paying for it but feel great!! I also do 60 minutes of cardio on my treadmill. Cannot wait to see my results and plan on doing Ripped in 30 when I am done with this!
  • hollyferweda
    Options
    Ohhhhhh I want in too! I did it for two days and could not walk afterwards!! I need help and support...and friends!!
  • asmile123
    asmile123 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I would love support as well! I am going to start on monday... I have tried this before but didn't finish. I am going away for the weekend, and i remember the initial pain at the beginning, so i am going to wait until after i get back to start :)
  • xxvogue
    xxvogue Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Just did Day 5 lvl 1 today, I kind of feel my motivating waining already, but honestly it takes me 30 minutes, I just need to suck it up for 5 days until level 2.
  • Annadel
    Annadel Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hi All

I am about to get off work and go home and do my ist day of 30 DS ,I made the following group and added as many folks as I could. We can post in that group going forward, I am feeling such great pumped up spritis from all of you!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/11011-30-day-shred-jan-2013

is there a way people can add themselves.

Also, lets plan to take some basic measurements to cheer ourselves later!
    :wink:
  • LilMissTalyn
    LilMissTalyn Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    if level one is too easy you should move up, thats how I understood it, same for if it was hard, you would stay on it till you could complete it all correctly! I know ppl that do level two the whole thirty days, every says level two is harder than three for some reason lol
  • LilMissTalyn
    LilMissTalyn Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'll start it tomorrow with you guys too! I have never been able to complete it either! grrrr but I want to! I love the idea of coming on here whenever I finish to help hold me accountable! level one kicked my butt the last time OMG! but I need my butt kicked!
  • LoriIone
    LoriIone Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I started it today, too!!! I feel the burn in my thighs!!!
  • morgensalzman
    Options
    I am, on day 2 of the 30 day shred.. I'm awful at sticking to an exercise routine, and even worse about watching what I eat. I really have my mind set on this and am hoping I can pull through.. I'm at 250+ lbs and am just miserable... I will be honest and say on day 1 I only did the first 16 min of the video, but today I pulled through til the end. I was exhausted but felt great. Looking forward to what this could bring and welcome ANY and ALL pointers to make this journey successful :)
  • treehugger215
    treehugger215 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I just did day 4 today!

At first I thought it was easy, but then my muscles were sore the next day and they still are!! I run a lot, so this is a whole new thing for me! Good luck everyone :D
  • Jennyb1213
    Jennyb1213 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just restarted it. I only did 3 days of it at the beginning of December. I would love to be part of the group and have some new "friends" too. I am semi new to MFP and need motivation.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I am on D8. Already have results. Feel free to add me
  • justmeeh91
    justmeeh91 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am going to be doing day 1 tonight! I will def need support and encouragement to keep going! :) feel free to add me, and we can give each other support! Also, eating a healthy diet now! looking forward to watching my body change!
  • Mollique
    Options
    Completed day 9 of 30 day shred. Pounds dropped from 179 to 171. So excited. Add me!
  • NareenaTheGypsy
    NareenaTheGypsy Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I just found this thread.. I started 30DS on 1Jan again, after having completed it back in Sept 2012. My results were so good then, that I thought this time through, I would use real weights (soda cans in Level 1 the first time, then 3 lbs weights afterward).. I am doing the whole 30 days with 5 lb weights. I forgot how hard this was the first few days!
    My aches and pains are gone ... for now. I know when I get to L2, I'll be hating it all over again, and eager to get to L3 but I am just happy and excited to do this again. My only real downside is last Friday night, I came home from work, ate dinner and promptly fell asleep in my recliner. 12 hours of work, cooked dinner and then yeah.. zonked. I slept maybe 20 minutes when I got up and realized I was too wobbly to make it down the stairs to the basement, much less to do a JM DVD! So I missed one night :(. I will do L1 til the 11th, to make up for it though.
    Anyone else here already done this DVD and still coming back for more? I'm curious :)
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Hi All

I am about to get off work and go home and do my ist day of 30 DS ,I made the following group and added as many folks as I could. We can post in that group going forward, I am feeling such great pumped up spritis from all of you!

So, are you saying you don't want us to keep posting here?
    And, I did all my starter measurements on January 1st. So I'll use those. Does anyone know if this routine is *intended* to be done back to back with no rest days? That would be rather unusual.
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    There are now 3 different groups for this same 30 day shred. What's up with that? Why are y'all doing this?
  • sgh10
    sgh10 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    hi I am in d2 l1 doing ok but am sore a bit how many calories do you guys enter in exercise
  • kelly101386
    kelly101386 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Hi All

So, are you saying you don't want us to keep posting here?
    And, I did all my starter measurements on January 1st. So I'll use those. Does anyone know if this routine is *intended* to be done back to back with no rest days? That would be rather unusual.

I did five days on then had weekends off, mainly because of schedule and still got decent results :D