Coffee????

Options

Replies

• BlackTimber
    BlackTimber Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I've always had my coffee black. but what wrong with a little cream?
  • jay11284
    jay11284 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hopefully someone sees the comment, including the OP but has any heard of Aeropress coffee maker before? I picked up one recently and I've been able to drink my coffee black when I use it because it brews such a great cup.

It's similar to a French press but it uses air pressure to brew the coffee. You push down on it and it drips right into your coffee mug so the clean up is really easy too.

Here's a link to their website: http://aerobie.com/products/aeropress.htm
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I stopped using sugar in my coffee years ago but I don't think I could go all the way black. I just love my cream. I measure out 1.5 tbsp of half and half though so it doesn't add up to much. Well worth it to me! I tried almond milk once but didn't like that either.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I have actually kept the creamer and sugar. I never really used a lot anyway. Less than half a tsp of sugar in my coffee and then a tsp of creamer. I have given up sodas pretty much completely, less one on Saturdays as a reward, so I allow myself that little bit of bliss.
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I went from drinking coffee everyday to drinking it maybe once or twice a month when I stop by Starbucks. I switched to green tea. I do miss the coffee, but research says it stores fat. Since I cut it out I've been more energized and losing weight. They also say the caffeine will eventually make you crash.
  • YoungD33
    YoungD33 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I was in the same boat when it comes to cream and sugar in coffee! I tried flavored coffee and just add 1 single flavored creamer to it. Not so bad, took some getting used to but now I LOVE IT!! :drinker:
  • Jackieallen4190
    Options
    I just add very little coffee mate and splenda has not affected my weightloss what so ever.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    This is a great case for my belief that taste is learned and therefore can be unlearned. If you we're raised in a different country, you would have a completely different taste. If you we're raised in the same area, but different parents, you might also have a completely different taste for foods. When people say they like this or that, or don't like certain foods, I know what they mean, but it's mostly a learned response. In other words, it isn't real.
  • Nina1007
    Nina1007 Posts: 150
    Options
    I drink coffee everyday too. I use 2 tbsp of coffeemate's Italian sweet cream. It's 70 calories, and sweetens & thickens my coffee just enough. I typically hate to drink my calories (I'd rather eat them), but this is absolutely worth it to me.
  • swirl121
    Options
    Hey that sounds like a good trick - I will give it a shot tomorrow :-)
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I don't think I could ever give up my cream and sugar....
    Amen!!
  • ampm5
    ampm5 Posts: 2
    Options
    Love the idea about the flavored coffee... Thanks! :smile:
  • MadameLAL
    MadameLAL Posts: 108
    Options
    Another few suggestions for getting accustomed to black coffee.

1. Get a good medium roast coffee. I buy Equal Exchange Columbian, but there are many excellent varieties.

2. Lose the plastic automatic drip machine, if you use it. Either get a French press, or use this ceramic drip cone to make a single cup of coffee:

http://www.amazon.com/Bee-House-Ceramic-Coffee-Dripper/dp/B0047VX4WO
  • bekinator
    bekinator Posts: 103
    Options
    Yep! But now that I save calories, I spend more coin on getting quality coffee, now that I can taste it and all...

When I don't have the option (somebody offers me Folgers or my Mexican mom-in-law gives me Nescafé), I can't help but doctor it to cover up the nasty... but those times are few & far between.

When making my own, I've learned nothing tastes better than a truly QUALITY unobstructed black cup of joe!

P.S. If you let it get cold, it turns bitter & flat-flavored, even the high quality stuff...

P.P.S. Also, flavored beans are regular coffee beans soaked in oils & syrups before they get to the brewing stage. *bleh* q-;
  • RideaYeti
    RideaYeti Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Yep! But now that I save calories, I spend more coin on getting quality coffee, now that I can taste it and all...

When I don't have the option (somebody offers me Folgers or my Mexican mom-in-law gives me Nescafé), I can't help but doctor it to cover up the nasty... but those times are few & far between.

When making my own, I've learned nothing tastes better than a truly QUALITY unobstructed black cup of joe!

P.S. If you let it get cold, it turns bitter & flat-flavored, even the high quality stuff...

P.P.S. Also, flavored beans are regular coffee beans soaked in oils & syrups before they get to the brewing stage. *bleh* q-;

Amen!
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I like my women like I like my coffee.

Black and filled with cream?
  • gin_gin
    gin_gin Posts: 184
    Options
    I use to have to have bout 6 spoons of sugar and heavy cream, now Im doing no cream and only one sugar
    that ONE sugar just makes a difference I cant kick it lol
  • Brittany3914
    Brittany3914 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I've only ever drank black coffee. Fancy $5 coffees at Starbucks gross me out, to be totally honest. But so does $1 Kwik Trip coffee that might be warming for hours before you pour a cup.

Here's what you do:
    Buy a coffee bean grinder
    Buy whole bean coffee
    Grind said beans. Brew coffee
    (For added pleasure: Buy a french press)

Try adding a sprinkle of cinnamon or a splash of skim milk. It can jazz up your coffee without all the guilt and sugar.
  • Brittany3914
    Brittany3914 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I like my women like I like my coffee.

Strong and black?