Alcohol

Options

Replies

• Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    me giving up my booze is that to me giving up coffee - will NEVER happen. If it were to happen the stupid people around me would have to BEWARE!
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    NOTHING good comes from alcohol :)

Bull.
    I've had lots of sex as the direct result of alcohol...
  • angelz_love
    angelz_love Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I was logging my drinks for a long time and then I started eating REALLY healthy...and after 3 weeks of being REALLY healthy and had 3 drinks and it was ALL bad. I got SO wretchedly sick. Felt like death the next day. It litterally felt as though I had POISENED my body. 2 glasses of red wine. one martini. i've always been able to drink that much after eating dinner! Not anymore! Not if I'm eating "clean".
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    Yes. You must give it up completely. Everyone on MFP is sober.
  • iSarahMay
    Options
    Hi

I drink in moderation. I stopped drinking cider as I felt it was slowing down my weight lose and now I can't drink it at all as it doesn't sit well in my stomach and makes me feel bloated.

I drink red wine only now and enjoy a small glass some evenings before bed it is my little wind down at the end of a hectic day! I always track it...
  • Countryboy_
    Options
    Thanks, All! I think cutting out alcohol to an extent will help me tremendously. I have a couple of glasses of wine pretty much every night. Cutting it out 5 nights a week would be a drastic reduction in calories. I think that will be my first goal. Maybe I can replace that time spent sitting and sipping on the couch with some time on the treadmill instead. :)

I take a Wild Turkey on the rocks on the treadmill with me.....
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    <<Clearly, i don't drink anymore. I don't drink any less either. I just earn those calories before i drink them back.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    Thanks, All! I think cutting out alcohol to an extent will help me tremendously. I have a couple of glasses of wine pretty much every night. Cutting it out 5 nights a week would be a drastic reduction in calories. I think that will be my first goal. Maybe I can replace that time spent sitting and sipping on the couch with some time on the treadmill instead. :)

Which is why I want to workout with him!
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options

Yuri-laughing-GIF_large.gif

Results speak for themselves

We've already covered this. Your 10% body fat loss is impressive. Not as impressive as the 40% body fat loss of leakramirez, who is both drunk right now AND totally motivational. Two things you're missing out on. Three, counting a likeability factor.
  • BlackStarDeceiver
    BlackStarDeceiver Posts: 590 Member
    Options

drunk-pooh-not-a-single-bother.png
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Wash your mouth out with soap for saying such a thing.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options

We've already covered this. Your 10% body fat loss is impressive. Not as impressive as the 40% body fat loss of leakramirez, who is both drunk right now AND totally motivational. Two things you're missing out on. Three, counting a likeability factor.
    BOOM!

/thread
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I know that personally I'm going to cut back when I go out. I swear all the booze during the holidays is how I gained so much in such a little amount of time. I feel like there was a Happy Hour every week and I wasn't exactly showing any self control.
  • _KATzMeow
    _KATzMeow Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    nothing is a MUST do, you're a big boy, do what you want.
  • juliedor
    juliedor Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on you.I am not good at limiting my red wine and do much better with total abstinence.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    Heck no!

It's a lifestyle change with moderation.
    You can't give up with you like and enjoy or you will never stick to it.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options

Countryboy looks exactly like the kind of man that drinks Wild Turkey. Cast iron stomach. Kudos to you.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I've lowered my intake of booze as well switched to lower calorie options.
    I love my SkinnyGirl wine and Vodka.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options
    I just 1.) plan for it; and 2.) track it. I have cut back, but I still cut lose on the weekends. Sometimes it puts me over my calorie goal, but I'm usually still somewhere between BMR and TDEE and I've been averaging right around 1.2 Lbs per week lost on a 1 Lb per week goal.
  • kingkoopaluv
    kingkoopaluv Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    allow yourself a good drink now and then. You probably cant get **** faced anymore though:(