Are people drinking coffee? Why or why not?

Options

Replies

• tessavonhagen
    tessavonhagen Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    drink one cup a day with sugar free french vanilla and 2 oz of almond milk. not a good day with out my coffee lol
  • med79
    med79 Posts: 288
    Options
    I love my coffee!!! It's a must have and I drink it with only a little dark chocolate almond milk :-) don't give up the nectar of the gods!
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I'll never give up coffee. I quit smoking but the coffee stays. I cut back on how much I drink and now I limit the amount of creamer and replaced splenda with stevia. There's a little piece of sunshine in my morning cup of coffee and I've lost plenty while drinking it.
  • Fffrick
    Fffrick Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have heard that it slows down the metabolism, but that is a minor vice if you walk around like a zombie for 2 hrs in the morning without it. It also dehydrates you so, drink an extra cup of H2O after. I take mine with Stevia in the Raw (not Truvia) and skim milk.
  • HeatherSanto
    HeatherSanto Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I still drink it. I have to think of it this way, its a lifestyle change. I love coffee. I'm going to drink it and measure out my TBSP of creamer and not drown it. Long as I don't go psycho.
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I was a huge coffee drinker before I got pregnant. I gave it up while pregnant (just wasn't interested). Then I started having it a bit (1-2 cups/week) with lots of milk towards the end of my pregnancy and shortly after birth. I upped it slowly to 1-2 cups/day but with almond milk around 2 months post-partum. Now that I am reducing breastfeeding I am drinking more coffee and black again.

I predict in a few weeks I'll be back to 3-5 cups of black coffee/day. I drink less at home, though. My husband makes our delicious flavored coffee too strong so I mostly drink the weak coffee at my work.

I'm not tracking my water intake, but I do drink a good 16 cups minimum/day so I am not sacrificing my water intake for coffee.
  • IowaJen1979
    IowaJen1979 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    If you like coffee, drink it. I don't think it hurts weight loss efforts. It's what you put in it that counts! I recently switched from cream/sugar to frothy skim milk. Cut back on a lot of calories that add up over time.
  • jamesdrobbinsiii
    Options
    Just drink it black. It will help your metabolism! Add a dash of cinnamon for a flavorful guilt-free drink!
  • jaymek92
    jaymek92 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    i'm not drinking coffee because it tastes like *kitten*.
  • skm4jc
    skm4jc Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding? I'm waiting for the coffee IV to go mass-market! :wink:

Seriously, yes, I do. I have about 12 oz of coffee every morning, and I take my coffee black. My body is addicted to caffeine, and caffeine also helps boost your metabolism.
  • hrshygrl00
    hrshygrl00 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm stopping for a little while.
    I have to have my coffee light and sweet, with real sugar, not sweetener, and cream.
    I don't need the extra calories.

plus, I stopped this week because my face looks like complete crap. Dry patches all over, and I've known over the years that coffee/caffeine can be drying. So i'm going off it for a week or two to see if my skin changes.
  • TuDominicano
    TuDominicano Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    excellent antioxidants and perfect for a preworkout. Survey says, 3 cups a day is good for you. If you drink it black.
  • jasonpoort
    jasonpoort Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have at least a cup a day. There are some health benefits to coffee, but there are some people who can take on risks by drinking it. My doctor told me, when I had high blood pressure, to avoid coffee because of it's effects on blood vessel constriction. Since then, I've been able to get my BP down, so I am back to drinking coffee. There really isn't anything to a straight black cup of coffee, it's when all the other stuff is added that it can be a big problem for weight loss.
  • KariQuiteContrary
    KariQuiteContrary Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I drink it. Pretty sure my blood is half coffee. I don't feel it has any adverse affects for me in terms of weight loss as long as the cream and sugar is very light/moderated. If I didn't have my coffee.....pretty sure my morning classes would be met with a bear each day! LOL! I don't however, drink soda, as kind of a trade off.
  • fitkitty1
    Options
    I LOVE coffee, but it does not love me. As of 1-1-13 I have NOT HAD ONE CUP and my weight loss has been UNREAL!!!

When I was drinking coffee I had about 6-8 cups with skim milk (fat free) and 2 splenda.

I miss it SOOOOOOO MUCH, but I love the weight loss more.
  • Freedom4me2013
    Options
    yes, yes, yes and... wait... YES! I grew up in a coffee family, where there was never ever ever not a warm pot of coffee in the kitchen. I have my great big wonderful cup of coffee every single morning, without fail. My cup holds about 1/3 of a pot (its a BIG cup). I had a couple spoonfuls of splenda (no calories) and a couple spoonfuls of heavy cream (no sugar). The total calorie count is about 100.... the feeling of warm, sweet, silky smooth coffee sliding down my throat? PRICELESS! That said, the rest of the day, if I have caffiend at all, I try to make it from tea or something a little less intense than coffee. Coffee after 2pm means no sleeping for me.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Sure, I drink coffee. I have stopped putting milk in it though. In addition to cutting out about 150 calories from my daily intake, this has made me more discriminating about the coffee I drink. I so nor dins most coffee palatable without cream in it, so now I drink only the good stuff and less of it.
  • girlykate143
    girlykate143 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    yes. YES. YESSSS! Coffee is something I gave up two summers ago, but I replaced it with green tea. I did so because the stuff I was drinking at work was horrid and made my stomach hurt. Now I make mine at home, add real half and half (organic spank you very much) and it's really great. Only need one cup. I also get a shot of espresso with whip about once a week.
    Your coffee without all the sugar helps rev up your metabolism.

do we need to introduce the concept of organic coffee blended with 1 tablespoon of cocount oil? YUUUUuuuuuum.
  • smm773
    smm773 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I do drink it, but I have a system where I can't have it until I finish drinking 32 oz of water,becasue I HATE water. So it ends up being an afternoon treat.I drink 20oz with splenda and fat free cream.
  • darleyschroeder
    Options
    I do like to drink coffee occasionally. Sometimes I will drink a cup before a workout to give me an extra boost. I also just like coffee in general.