Are people drinking coffee? Why or why not?

Options

Replies

• nikkidashrae
    nikkidashrae Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I don't drink coffee but that is only because I have stomach problems and coffee is a trigger.

If you are interested in having that same effect, but want to stop drinking coffee here is a good substitute:

1 cup hot water
    1-2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
    1 teaspoon honey
  • imalexgirl
    Options
    Yes. I drink it to wake up and to keep me from killing people.
  • alexph17
    Options
    coffee (without milk) can be good for fat burning and getting you going in the morning. I personally dont drink coffee because of taste. Instead i drink green tea without milk. which is also good for fat burning.
  • imalexgirl
    Options
    :laugh:
  • TheCurvyGamble
    TheCurvyGamble Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I do drink coffee. It's not something i am willing to give up. I love it. Besides i just got a new Keurig for Christmas, but i looked it up and there is no nutritional value in the coffee itself, but where i find my problem is in the creamer. I am working on lowering the cups a day i drink and only in the last few days have i lowered the amount of creamer i use which is helping my sure stay lower. The creamer has a lot of sugar which sends mine over as far as MFP, but since i lowered it i went from over 50 to just over 12 so its a start.
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Yes.

Because I do not want to murder anyone.
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    I love my keurig and I make the best coffee in it. Yes I do w/ my creamer and no sugar/sweetener.
  • markholmes31
    markholmes31 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I drink one cup a day then all day long then i drink water
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    :drinker: No way, no how, you couldn't pay me enough money to give up my coffee. Period. :drinker:
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    i changed to black coffee. I love that its only 2 calories but a little something more than water. If I have extra calories then I add a touch of creamer or sugar/sweetener. Not giving it up.
  • jldaley09
    jldaley09 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I don't drink hardly any coffee anymore. I have about one a day now and I only drink it because I like the taste. I used to be very addicted to it. Now I have at least one cup of green tea a day and lots of water. The reason I cut way back is because I didn't like feeling so dependent on it. It was like a drug. I didn't like not having the freedom to go somewhere and being tied down to whether coffee was available. Now it doesn't matter.
  • GoldenGopherDad
    GoldenGopherDad Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee because it is amazing. That is all :)
  • kp82883
    kp82883 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee everyday....I use it for my mid morning snack and instead of creamer I had a scoop of cookies and cream whey protein...love it!
  • ShaneNelson
    Options
    I love my coffee with a little bit of cream. Wakes me up and boosts the metabolism a bit!
  • Goldie_13
    Options
    I drink probably 2 cups a day & have been doing great with my weight loss. :) Love that stuff.
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Don't give it up. Just switch to some skim milk and either no sweetner, splenda if you must or agave. Just limit it and try to drink it black eventually (I find naturally flavored brew coffees I can drink black easily) But if you love it, don't give it up completely.
  • raiderrodney
    raiderrodney Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I love my coffee...and much better for you than any soft drink (diet or not). I usually drink mine with some half and half but also like some coconut oil every now and then.
  • 4_Lisa
    4_Lisa Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I am just curious if people are drinking coffee? I have heard mixed things in relation to weight loss. So, why or why not? I personally stopped because it made me feel dehydrated, gross, and I like a little cream and sugar in it. I also hate the headaches I have without it. BUT! I had a cup today and it was soooo wonderful. I am wondering if this is something I want to completely give up......

Thoughts?

I have been trying to give it up as well, I have taken to adding a tsp or 2 (depending on how strong I want it) of instant granules to my protein shake I have in the morning. This makes the chocolate a mocha flavor, AND has eliminated my headaches from the lack of coffee! I was drinking an average of 3-4 large coffees a day before. Now it is just a treat every now and then.
  • BogQueen1
    BogQueen1 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Coffee is one of my greatest pleasures in life. No way I could ever EVER stop drinking it. I drink at least 16 to 20 oz a day. Touch of cream, touch of sugar. If I'm at home, I drink it with a bit of international delights creamer. My bf accused me the other day of being a coffee creamer hoarder because I'm always buying a new flavor even if I have 3 in the fridge already.
  • syrklc
    syrklc Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    YES, It is my only vice. I have noticed I am drinking less coffee since I started on my weight loss adventure here. Only drinking 2-3 cups daily now. I add nonfat/non dairy creamer and no sugar.