Are people drinking coffee? Why or why not?

Options
I am just curious if people are drinking coffee? I have heard mixed things in relation to weight loss. So, why or why not? I personally stopped because it made me feel dehydrated, gross, and I like a little cream and sugar in it. I also hate the headaches I have without it. BUT! I had a cup today and it was soooo wonderful. I am wondering if this is something I want to completely give up......

Thoughts?

Replies

• KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I love my mug of coffee in the morning. I've been putting 2 tablespoons of coconut milk in it lately - only 20 calories.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Still drink coffee, but I don't add anything to it.. Need that coffee for a nice wake up at work.. Only have 2 cups though (1 large cup).. I am sure everyone has reasons to drink or not to drink it.. I don't see it having any problems with my weight loss.
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee daily -- hate the headaches I have if I don't.
    I drink as much as I want up until 11 AM, and then I quit for the day.
    I usually drink it black, but will sometimes put Torani sugar-free syrup in it.
    Kaye
  • Sweet_Pea0107
    Options
    I don't drink coffee but that is only because I have stomach problems and coffee is a trigger.
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I enjoy hot coffee in the morning, I use truvia as a sweetner and skim milk, and add it to my breakfast calories. I'm not a morning person so the boost of alertness is useful, the heat gets the post nasal drip out of my chest, and it gets my digestive system going. I have no bad things to say about coffee.
  • tarranp
    tarranp Posts: 12
    Options
    I have only just started my diet today, but I only have decaf coffee with skimmed milk only. That's what kick-starts my day. :)
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I love coffee and drink it daily
  • BellaFe
    BellaFe Posts: 323
    Options
    I will NEVER give up my morning coffee.
  • ripemango
    ripemango Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    i drink coffee bc i love it. the only time i didnt was when i was pregnant bc of the high amt of caffeine. i'm not giving it up. i will have in before working out in the morning...i feel like it makes a diff in my workout.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Yes, because it's delicious and it wakes me up. I use milk and splenda.
  • nhughes1864
    nhughes1864 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I usually only drink it on the weekends because I want some type of Vanilla Creamer in it like International delight or Coffemate Natural and those cost me BOOKOO calories because for every cup of coffee I lik 1/4 cut of creamer at least (I like a little coffee with my creamer :drinker: ) I drink tea more than I drink coffee.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Of course, I have at least a cup at day - maybe too. I went from using sugar and half/half to using Stevia and skim milk.
  • ChristinaK69
    Options
    I can't give up everything that is bad for me. Coffee is my treat! It's warm and helps me avoid a warm cookie. I have substituted the cream, sugar, and whip cream on it for flavored coffee grounds and truvia. Just as satisfying.
  • mish3131
    mish3131 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    During the week and occasionally on the weekends I will have a cup. On rare occasions I will have 2 cups. I put flavored creamer in it, regular not sugar free, but I do not put sugar in it at all. It is one of those things I like to have with creamer and I refuse to give it up.
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I have coffee every day. I use creamer and Stevia, and still lose weight. I don't think it's realistic to give up everything you love!
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Coffee's one of those small pleasures I look forward to every morning. I've always preferred it black and unsweetened so the calories are negligible, and I think it also helps with digestion. I've gone without it and there were no consequences, but it's something that I enjoy and I don't see any reason to give it up.
  • Bethany7053
    Bethany7053 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee every morning with one pack of splenda. I could not diet and give up my coffee!
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Every day, several times... flavored K-Cups, with 2 packets of Truvia.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    No, because it tastes like the Devil's sweaty armpit.
  • lynnie_1
    lynnie_1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    im pretty sure without my morning coffee thete is no way i would make it through the day.