Are people drinking coffee? Why or why not?

Options

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I drink 2 cups of coffee every morning.

1.) I love good coffee...love the smell, taste...the sound of it dripping into the caraff

2.) It wakes me up...I feel sluggish all day if I've missed my cup 'o morning Joe

3.) There's really nothing wrong with coffee...Sure, if you're going to Starbucks every day and getting a half calf double decalf mocca latte with double cream you're probably doing some damage...but a nice black coffee is absolutely fine...even a splash of milk every once in awhile.

4.) Numerous studies are pointing to potential health benefits of coffee. For one thing it is loaded with niacin which is very good for heart health and difficult to get in your diet. Some studies also suggest potential benefits for liver function.

Number 4 is just gravy...I'd drink coffee even if there was no benefit, perceived or otherwise. I love a good cup of coffee.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Yes. People would die horrible deaths if I did not drink coffee.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of coffee. It has not affected my weight loss one way or another. I log the calories in the cream I put in (and it's another way to squeeze some healthy fats into my diet), so I don't see the problem.
  • Andreinne
    Options
    Yes, and because why not. =P

I drink it black, with sugar substitute.
  • SlimsLiftingMoreThanLipstick
    Options
    I will NEVER give up my morning coffee.

^ AMEN! I've had no issues with weight loss or toning while drinking 8-16 oz of coffee a day. I usually don't add anything but a splash of vanilla almond milk.
  • LittleBallofFurr
    LittleBallofFurr Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Yes I drink coffee and the reason I do is simple...If I didnt, my tolerance level for ignorance would be nil :)
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Yep, I drink a big travel mug every morning, and maybe a little more during the day sometimes. I do add a touch of sugar to it, but it's worth the 30 calories. With regard to weight loss, plain coffee isn't going to hinder you. If anything, there is limited evidence that brewed coffee helps increase weight loss - it helps reduce water weight and can boost your metabolism slightly (probably just enough to burn off most of those 30 calories of sugar in my case, haha, but still - I'll take any help I can get!). Now, if you're drinking huge full-sugar white chocolate caramel mochas smothered in whipped cream every day it might be a different story, but even those once in awhile aren't going to hurt if they fit your calories/macros for the day.
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    My mother told me coffee was for grownups. I guess I've never made that leap.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    This thread has motivated me. I'm getting off my butt, right here, right now, gonna walk down the hall and get a 3rd cup of coffee!

Haha me too!
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Yes I still drink coffee...because if I didn't no one could stand me! :explode:

I have changed how I fix my coffee. I now put in a little almond milk and Stevia.

Good grief! I need to learn how to spell...
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee for the safety and well being of others! LOL! I'm actually a coffee snob and I love good coffee.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    No because it's the most disgusting tasting thing ever.
  • grabrail
    Options
    Ive just started my change of lifestyle yesterday. I would normally wake up and have a cup of coffee. I am now making myself a smoothie each morning for my breakfast, and I am not missing my coffee at all.

I've only stopped drinking it to help me break old habits.

I have found the fruit in the smoothie is giving me a better more refreshing kick in the morning and I am much more alert as the morning wears on.
  • kklemarow
    kklemarow Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Love coffee. Used to drink it with Silk soy creamer but changed to almond milk to cut back on calories/fat. Still tastes great. Yum.
  • Funnyfishat40
    Funnyfishat40 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I drink it black with no sugar and decaf (the good brands that don't use chemicals) But I guess I'm lucky I like the taste that way
    xx
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    i drink coffee so that i don't murder ppl.
  • ton40orbust
    Options
    I dont think the world could handle me if I didn't have my morning coffee...

I drink it with a scoop of vanilla Body Logics protein powder in place of breakfast. Most mornings I'm too busy to eat in the morning and nothing sounds good until I've been awake for at least 5 hours. It's about 125 calories for the scoop but I stay filled until almost noon when I wake up at 6am
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Nope, it's bitter and disgusting unless you add stuff to it and I don't need to be addicted to anything.
  • alexveksler
    alexveksler Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Americano: Double shot of espresso
    1 table spoon of sugar free vanilla
    2 table spoons of steamed heavy whipping cream
    1 packet of stevia powder

8 times per per day for the past 20 years. Because I work from home and because I love coffee.
  • LilMissDB
    LilMissDB Posts: 133
    Options
    Yes, because it's delicious :)