Are people drinking coffee? Why or why not?

Options

Replies

• mlcastle
    Options
    Still drink coffee, but I don't add anything to it.. Need that coffee for a nice wake up at work.. Only have 2 cups though (1 large cup).. I am sure everyone has reasons to drink or not to drink it.. I don't see it having any problems with my weight loss.

Same here. I think when I added sugar to it, it caused problems for my weight loss, so now I'll either drink it black or with 2% milk. At one point I couldn't drink unsweetened coffee, it was just too bitter for me, but now, I'm actually enjoying the flavour of the coffee itself, buying a good quality brew helps.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Me no like coffee...

But I do like the coffee flavour Baileys drink.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Black...one splenda

2x

every...single...day.
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I don't, but I've never really been a coffee person.
  • dorianaldyn
    dorianaldyn Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I'm not drinking coffee - but I've never, ever enjoyed coffee. I just don't think it tastes good.

I am drinking lots of caffeine free herbal tea lately just because I'm too cold to drink plain water!
  • kuderstadt
    kuderstadt Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I quit coffee back in early November, had the flu and the day of migraines that comes without coffee passed so I just quit. Then on Black Friday my dad tells me he got me a Tassimo for Christmas! (Something I had wanted previously to quitting...). And he got a great deal on it!!!
    I think I've had 3 cups of coffee since Christmas, I love a fancy latte or something, but don't want to get back to drinking it every day. Just a personal choice, not really any 'good' reason for it!!! I might look for some decaf t-dsic's, but then I wonder if that's really any better for you? What chemicals are used to decaffeinate coffee? *sigh* I guess I just want to be healthy and wonder where coffee fits into that... sorry, I don't think I really answered your question at all...
    :-)
  • joanmarienana
    joanmarienana Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy my morning coffee. I get up at 4:40 am, and usually doing a workout by 5. I've tried giving up coffee, but especially in the winter (when I am in hibernation mode), I really feel much more ready for the day when I have it. I've always taken it black, and I mix a pot half decaf, half regular, which lasts me through the morning usually, then I have water or in winter, tea.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Black...one splenda

2x

every...single...day.

& if she doesn't get it, it's not pretty...
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I drink at least half a pot every day. I use coffeemate or international delight in it. I love all the different flavors.

Saturdays I go to coffee with friends. I usually splurge and get something fancy but also try to keep it under 200 calories.
  • Jennicia
    Jennicia Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I love coffee of ALL kinds.....hot, iced, frappe's....I just enjoy the taste. I will account for it in my daily caloric intake.
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I drink a cup in the morning sometimes 2. Then I switch to tea, at least 4 cups.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I've lost 40lbs while drinking 2 cups a day, with sugar-free creamer and Splenda. I don't think it has hurt my progress and I NEED the extra kick I get from caffeine in the morning.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    You'll have to pry my morning coffee mug from my cold, dead fingers!!
  • chocolatecroissant
    chocolatecroissant Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Coffee is my main indulgence! Strong, black and lots of it.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Black...one splenda

2x

every...single...day.

& if she doesn't get it, it's not pretty...

that's right.
    give it to me.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee daily because I love it.

Log the calories, move on. You have to do something that's sustainable for you; if you like coffee and you lose weight without coffee, you'll feel like you're cheating yourself every time you drink some at a later point.

There's nothing wrong with any food. Some you'll pay for in terms of satiety, but no food should be totally eradicated from your diet if you love it.
  • AllenWins
    Options
    Coffee and bacon make life worth living! Or at least, me easier to live with. A good, strong cup of coffee keeps me human :drinker:
  • dalehall64
    dalehall64 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I drink 3-4 cups a day.. I put some creamer in it, but just enough to get a taste. If I don't drink it, I'm a complete @$$ so, everyone likes me better when I have it. :)
  • irjeffb
    irjeffb Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I drink 3-5 cups per day, but black. I used to drink it with cream and sugar, slowly decreased the sugar until I wasn't using that, and then one day just cut the cream (for the calories).

I've considered quitting, but when I've tried, people hate me. :)
  • Nefetete
    Nefetete Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    IMO, there is no reason to give it up, and some studies show that there are a few health benefits also. Google and you will have a ton of articles to read while you sip your cup of coffee.
    Personally, I have no inclination to give up coffee today or anytime in the future. Love the taste, and take it with a bit of skim milk, so does not really matter from a diet perspective ( i.e drinking my cals). Have 3-4 large cups.