Are people drinking coffee? Why or why not?

Options

Replies

• kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I drink 2 coffees in the mornings only though. Still have it with Cream and sugar but trying to reduce the amount of sugar I use. Try to do it in moderation though.
  • SavageFeast
    SavageFeast Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Yes, because I'm sleepy.
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Nope. Don't like the taste. Never could figure out how it can smell so good being ground and taste so bad. Tea drinker here. Plain black or orange pekoe w/ lemon and sweet and lo. 1-2 a day.
  • pants77
    pants77 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I don't drink coffee because I find it to be disgusting.

I do drink multiple Coke Zeros / Diet Dr Peppers every day though.
  • wadedawg
    wadedawg Posts: 315
    Options
    Every day, black.
  • mwest11
    mwest11 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I enjoy hot coffee in the morning, I use truvia as a sweetner and skim milk, and add it to my breakfast calories. I'm not a morning person so the boost of alertness is useful, the heat gets the post nasal drip out of my chest, and it gets my digestive system going. I have no bad things to say about coffee.

This.. I agree. They have done studies that show a little coffee throughout the day helps with mental focus. Sorry I don't have a source for you.. I just remember reading about it. I do not believe it has affected my weight loss.
  • Jen32285
    Jen32285 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee every morning. I add creamer to it.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    Yes. I drink it to wake up and to keep me from killing people.
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Yes, i love coffee! I usually add 3-4 oz whole milk and 8g turbinado sugar. I make my coffee far too strong to drink it black. :drinker:
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    I will give up coffee when they pry my mug from my fingers. I see no reason medically to give it up and it may provide sone cancer fighting benefits. .
  • sreed016
    sreed016 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have one cup in the morning with a sweet n low and nonfat creamer - I drink plenty of water all day and used to have 1 diet pepsi in between glasses of water. But once I gave up the diet soda all together, I noticed a quicker weight loss.
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I like a swallow of coffee or tea right before exercise just to get that slight caffeine boost.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Coffee gives me the shakes and a headache. If I'm really tired, I'll have a half cup with a ton of milk, but then I still get a small headache.

I drink tea. Doesn't make me feel like crap! I wish my body tolerated coffee better, it tastes & smells so good. Oh well.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    if your putting cream and sugar in it then there are obvious weight loss draw backs.

Black coffee should be basically 0 calories.

I have to assume that all the people who are getting headaches when they don't drink coffee realize that those are withdrawal symptoms and they basically have a phisicaly dependancy on coffee... might want to address that, or just keep drinking coffee, works for me lol
  • heypurdy
    heypurdy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    coffee coffee coffee. I'm a morning person and very much look forward to a cup of coffee in the morning. Just a dot of half and half for me.
  • Alford96
    Options
    I.NEED.COFFEE.DAILY. I drink 2 cups with a quarter cup of reduced fat milk (or 2 tbsp half & half) first thing in the morning. I don't usually drink it after that but my first cups are essential to the survival of those around me! :laugh:
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    Yes, i love coffee! I usually add 3-4 oz whole milk and 8g turbinado sugar. I make my coffee far too strong to drink it black. :drinker:

no such thing!
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options

Coffee is only too strong when a spoon will stand up by itself!!!
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    had to give it up because my bladder doesn't like it! :(
  • heypurdy
    heypurdy Posts: 196 Member
    Options

...that's not coffee.