Something is wrong!! Not losing lbs!!

Options
124»

Replies

• luperaz
    luperaz Posts: 26
    Options
    I agree with what people said above. You should increase your calories. Logging and even weighing everything that passes your lips is #1 priority. Also from what I saw of your diary you need to exercise more for a little longer and more consistently. Bare minimum 3 times a week for 30 mins. This will increase your metabolism and help you burn more efficiently.

I love exercise and I use that to counter any bad calories i crave from time to time.

Lou
  • princesselle1
    princesselle1 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! I think eating more is what I'm getting!!! Xx
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    In December you have lots of days with very low intake (some even below 500) Very well could be you are not eating enough.
  • Sul3i
    Sul3i Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Well, the approach on MFP is fairly mechanical, but you have to follow it to see the results.

Calculate your Base Metabolic Rate (this is a function of your height, weight, age, sex, and exercise level). This is the amount of energy used daily by your brain, liver, and other organs just to stay alive.

Log your exercise activity to figure out your Total Daily Energy Expenditure. This is important--if you exercise a lot, you need more calories to survive. A lumberjack or a ballerina does not have the same energy needs as a person in a coma.

[EDIT: forgot to say the most important bit: your intake should be between BMR and TDEE]

Finally, faithfully and honestly log your food intake. You do not need to count every almond, but the closer you are to the truth, the better.

Read up on water weight and how it is affected by different types of diets and starvation. Here is a useful starter.
    http://suite101.com/article/the-truth-about-losing-water-weight-a366151

Great advice!!