Looking for VSG (vertical sleeve gastrectomy) Friends

Options

Replies

• Jean_PA
    Jean_PA Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I finally got approved! April 7th!!! I start my preop April 2. I'm so excited I cannot wait. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
  • Busymom3511
    Options
    Hi,
    I too am hypothyroid and have lupus. I take 225 of synthroid everyday. I have my surgery scheduled in Puerto Vallarta 4/15/14. Who was your surgeon in Tijuana? How did it go?
  • Babygi6003
    Babygi6003 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I had the sleeve in 2011 and have lost 80 lbs so far :)
  • solea78
    solea78 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I know Ive tried adding a few of you already :)

I was sleeved on Feb 10, 2014 in Tijuana, MX. Great experience. Looking for others to add to MFP. Please feel free to add me as I truly believe in a good support network.
  • MrsFox09
    MrsFox09 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm scheduled for my VSG on April 25th & I am BEYOND ready. I'm 32 years old, 5ft 5in & weigh 312. I'm married with 3 children & am ready to be able to be active with my family. My only issue is that I'm around food constantly. I'm a caterer, the main cook in my big family & the only cooker amongst my friends, I'm hoping you guys can teach me some of the things that have helped you when it comes to eating without actually being hungry. Thanks!
  • 2mouse63
    2mouse63 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Update. I was approval for my revision from the band to the sleeve. Surgery is schedule for April 9th. Start my preop diet and so far ok. Love to hear how some of you are doing after the vsg was done.
  • Jean_PA
    Jean_PA Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Surgery is tomorrow!! Here's hoping today goes by fast! This preop diet has been such a struggle. Hoping I did well enough on it
  • starlettspeed
    starlettspeed Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    good luck! it's not bad! I had mine on Monday.
  • jogawa15
    jogawa15 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved November 2012 so I am a year and 5 months out. Struggling recently still have about 20 to 30 pounds to lose. Would like to make some friends for encouragement and support I live in Maui but went to ca to dr. Cirangle please if anyone wants support let's help each other reach our goals Julie
  • noelboquet
    noelboquet Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    May 20, 2014 5:18 PM

I am Noel and I am a I am a post op of a vsg nearly 7 years out and have successfully lost over 200lbs. I have had a 10lb creep up over the winter and am determined to lose it. I know pretty much everything there is to know about long term life with a sleeve...if u need anything give a holler :)
  • favoronme
    favoronme Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    hello my name is LaRae i am 239 pounds 5/4 BMi 41. in process of getting approved for gastric surgery choosing vsg if im approved. sstruggled with my weight for entire life .breat are 44/H. i need to ge out of this body and have anew me.I have my informational orientation on the 27th. i am currently trying to rid of sweet cravings.I have been soda cake candy free for past 4 days.
  • favoronme
    Options
    42559449.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • TeaBreeze
    TeaBreeze Posts: 3
    Options
    I had surgery almost 4 weeks ago, keen to have more friends who've had the VSG for the extra support and whatnot since the only people in my life who know about it are my husband and Mum.
  • shoopfam5
    shoopfam5 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have had VSG surgery on June 2, 2014
  • shoopfam5
    shoopfam5 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi all
  • favoronme
    Options
    hey peoples..I am so excited that i went to my informational class about gastric surgery. This class was the prerequisite for the referral so i have several steps ahead of me. I am even more confident now that i received all this information i know i can do the steps to change my life forever. i want to be able run and jog and eat goo. i already lost 4 pounds this far i been on here for like almost 2 weeks. i drink clean and eat really well now. i am working on my portions and trying to get the sweet cravings.i love sweets. i cant wait to go shopping for food..im just excited yawl.
  • favoronme
    Options
    42559449.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
    forgot to put my ticker here it is
  • hkabashi82
    hkabashi82 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

I'd love more sleeve friends!! I was sleeved in Baltimore, MD on 4/21/14. I've lost almost 35 pounds in the last 5 weeks - almost 65 from my HW!! - and would love to connect with other people who had WLS.

Friends welcome! :D

Hana
  • vsgpdx
    vsgpdx Posts: 3
    Options
    Looking for sleeve friends! I'm set to be sleeved June 9th, 2014. I'm very nervous but excited. Hoping to pick up some wisdom and tips from those of you already sleeved!