Looking for VSG (vertical sleeve gastrectomy) Friends

Options
12345679»

Replies

• PearlMartineau22
    Options
    I had the VSG on August 7, 2014. I lost around 15 lbs before the surgery. I've lost 11 since the surgery. I'm happy with the rate in which I'm losing weight. I think that when I begin my circuit training again, my skin will have a chance to slowly adapt. I used to be a great sleeper, but now I'm waking up for an hour once a night. This is helped if I do at least 30 minutes walking each day. I took two weeks off work and returned on week 3. My energy level is a bit low since my job is very exciting but super fast paced. I think the key is to get the exercise in and since this surgery costs so much, I'm planning on investing in exercise to get good results. I'm not that young, 57 years old and my 58th birthday is in September. I have some goals such as I want to get back on my bike and get back to hiking. I also am sewing a dress that I think I will fit by Christmas. I think doing things like this will encourage me to really get motivated even more.

I had breast cancer about 10 1/2 years ago. I twas told my chances were not good. Thus I ate any thing I wanted and with such a hearty lifestyle and eating it up, I lived. But gained so much during chemo and approximately 6 to 7 lbs added each year after. I realized I had to stop so I could continue living and nothing worked. This is working. I'm patient and very focused because I plan on living as many more years that I can. So far my Type II Diabetes is nonexistent. I do get very low blood sugar levels and am taking care not to let that happen.

I have head hunger, but after I cook and sit down with my husband, I can only have about 1/3 cup of food. It works but I truly believe the weight loss will slow down if I don't put in the extra effort to exercise to keep my BMR in line. I have an exercise buddy--super helpful. I hope this post helps others. I know yours have. Thanks.
  • msveevee1
    Options
    Hello, my name is Ms. Vee and i was sleeved on July 7th, 2014. I started at 341 lbs and now I'm 308 lbs. I am currently working out with wogging around a 2 mile track twice and then do T25 for 25 minutes 4-5 days/wk. My caloric intake is anywhere between 800-1200 a day. I've been loosing about 8/10 of a pound a day. And I've lost 13.5 inches overall, but mainly in my torso. I'm hoping to reach my goal weight of 150-175 lbs by March or April 2015. I hope everyone else have much success in their journey as well.
  • Krystallala
    Options
    Sleeved 3/7/2014 down 85lbs add me!!
  • Mom2Cubs
    Mom2Cubs Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    For those just joining in, welcome. There is also a weight loss surgery group you are welcome to join.
  • soxboys1969
    Options
    I was sleeved this past Tuesday, 9/2/14. Looking for friends.
  • kiarra22
    kiarra22 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I was sleeved 8/6/14 add me
  • sandra22466
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Feel free to add me, recently sleeved and new @ MFP, could use supportive buddies.
  • lrcokecollector
    Options
    how do I join the weight loss surgery group? I was "sleeved" 8-13-14.
  • rainydayinmay
    Options
    I am getting ready to have my VSG done (two weeks from today) and am excited but as it gets closer I'm really nervous and overwhelmed too. Would love to connect with people who've been on this journey (as it's different than others just trying to lose weight) so I can bounce questions off, get tips/advice, etc...
  • Angelat704
    Angelat704 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, my VSG date is 9/24/14. We can be sleeve sisters!!!! I am on day 2 of my liquid diet and please feel free to look at my food diary and see what Im eating, who am I kidding, what Im DRINKING LOLOLOLOL, and give me some of your pointers and tips and I would be more than happy to share mine with you. We can do this hun!!!
  • 22dream
    22dream Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    starting tomorrow i will be making my diary public writing anything i eat even if its a crumb or bite my goal weight 185 175 absolute lowest !!!
  • craigbethluft
    craigbethluft Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi All. I was sleeved a year and a half ago. My husband was sleeved one month ago. He has some aches and pains and complaints and I honestly can't remember if I had the same. Is there someone here that was recently sleeved that I can ask some questions to?

Beth
  • SlimSmittySleeved
    Options
    I was 2 years post op VSG in July. Feel free to add me :smile:
  • heathervsg
    Options
    I had my surgery 12-2-2013. I was 207 at surgery. Down to 147 now. Only 2 pounds to goal! Feel free to friend me too.
  • elle2max
    elle2max Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 16 months out. 50ish to 60ish lbs left to my goal. My diary is open to friends so feel free to add more if you're looking for support or just want friends to *actually* interact with. :)
  • lartimovich
    lartimovich Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I just had my Sleeve performed on 9-17-14. I love being able to log my intake. I am hoping that there is a way in the future to change the daily caloric needs for peeps who have undergone Gastric Bypass, the Sleeve, or banding. Our needs are much different from the normal. Though in time we will be there.
    Would love to hear some pointers and words of knowledge from those out there. Thank you :smile:
  • rghanor
    Options
    I was sleeves 7/8/14. IN a stall...trying to break it. HW:297 SW:278 CW:228 It's getting tougher!!!!
  • HippychickLori
    Options
    I had my surgery last Tuesday. Feeling pretty weak but begin to add protein supplements today.
  • elaraye
    elaraye Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    35 years old
    5'3"
    Highest Weight: 310
    Pre-op Starting Weight: 254
    Surgery Weight (9/15/14): 243
    Current Weight: 230.4 (At 2-week post op. Will step on the scale tomorrow for 1 month surgiversary)
    Goal Weight: 135
  • FeliciaF13
    Options
    I am looking for sleeve friends as i am in the process of getting my sleeve done. I will need all the help and support I can get, please add me!