Whats a good subsitute to chocolate?

Options
Just curiouse, I love my chocolate but could do with a subsitute?

Replies

• Corjogo
    Corjogo Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't we all, (sigh) I don't think there is one.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Less chocolate
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Jell-o has these little sugar free pudding cups called Mousse Delights. They're around 80 calories I believe... They're pretty good when you're really wanting chocolate.
  • sherilisready
    Options
    Carob is a good substitute

for cakes and brownies etc.
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Do you mean substitute in a recipe, or just for eating?
    I munch on Cocoa Roasted almonds sometimes, and they are really good.
    I still give in to chocolate once in a while, 'cause you can't give up everything in life. Dark chocolate is really good at not as bad for the waistline.
  • FitbeTMF
    FitbeTMF Posts: 251
    Options
    Chocolate protein lunch
  • Mistyblu08
    Mistyblu08 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    dark chocolate :)

I like endangered species 72% cacao bars I get at the local health food store-28 cals per square ....it only takes one to satisify you- suck on it not chowing down:) also dark choc is very good for you- helps deal with stress especially TOM days as well as being good for your heart :) enjoy:)
  • minsch
    minsch Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I eat Dove dark choc....cut it into 4 pieces and suck on it. It is like 45 calories and well worth it!
  • _jkr
    _jkr Posts: 24
    Options
    Nothing can replace chocolate, really!
    Semi-sweet chocolate's a good alternative to milk chocolate (: Of course, you shouldn't go over the recommended serving but it helps curb the craving! I use this chocolate for baking and I always have some left over. The nutritional information about it is not too bad!
  • sherilisready
    Options
    I will endulge in a dark covered strawberry or piece of pineapple. it tastes amasing.

However, carob for cakes etc. ( for recipes only )
  • sherilisready
    Options
    recipe
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    sorry hon, no substitute for that one.
    not even sex.
    :/
  • FitGoal165
    Options
    Just curiouse, I love my chocolate but could do with a subsitute?

There's no substitute. Not for the hard stuff. I seriously love chocolate and just have to eat it in moderation. I mean, if I had a choice between having all of the universe's mysteries revealed to me in a glorious light or the ability to eat unlimited amounts of chocolate without gaining weight I'd think about it...and then I'd eat the chocolate. Ha!
  • joslin2005
    Options
    Dark chocolate. Chocolate can be good for you if it isn't highly processed and doesn't have all the added sugar. Semi- sweet might be another substitute just don't over do it. If dark chocolate or semi sweet don't work for you, try limiting your intake. If you don't like any of these options, how about cutting down the amount that is placed in the recipe.

http://www.fitday.com/fitness-articles/nutrition/calories/dark-chocolate-vs-milk-chocolate-vs-white-chocolate.html
  • dahkneeka
    dahkneeka Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    dark chocolate.

so many health benefits if you eat it in moderation. the darker, the better for you. suck on it too.. way more satisfying
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,276 Member
    Options
    Just have it?

I refuse to live my life without chocolate.
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Less chocolate

this
    buy the best quality
    have 1 square
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    This a trick question?
  • ravenchick
    ravenchick Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Fiber one 90 calorie brownies are amazing and they usually curve my chocolate craving.
  • spetermann190
    spetermann190 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    If chocolate is a substitute for sex ... then wouldn't the reverse be true??? Personally I prefer having both though ... and even better together ;)