Replies

• LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    15gazbr.gif
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Just curiouse, I love my chocolate but could do with a subsitute?
    No such thing. Eat a little chocolate every day.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Just curiouse, I love my chocolate but could do with a subsitute?

beets and peas.

:angry:

Ugh, how did I miss that? Beets and peas are not, I repeat ARE NOT CHOCOLATE!!
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Not sure there is a substitute. But switching from milk chocolate to dark chocolate could help and limiting your quantity. One small square of dark chocolate eaten very slowly is NOT bad for you.

OR you could make your own chocolate goodies such as hot cocoa, brownies or cookies using CAROB in powder form or chips.
  • myamaya
    Options
    i'm an addict and I can't even have one piece of anything chocolate or I will crumble. :(
  • Slice1
    Slice1 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I make smoothies with frozen berries, vanilla soy milk, low cal/sugar/fat yogurt (like silouette) and unsweetened cocoa powder. They are delicious and about 116 calories. Had one last night because I was craving something sweet after dinner and had lots of room left in my daily calories. It tasted like chocolate ice cream.
  • Tuppenc
    Options
    I use really dark chocolate (85 per cent ). I can only eat a few squares and it is very satisfying.
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    NO

Just get better, darker chocolate and eat less of it.
  • bbniksmom
    Options
    Try a little nutella on some bread or crackers. Not quite the same, but it's good!
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    has anyone mentioned "more" chocolate yet.

my substitute for chocolate is MORE CHOCOLATE

always

more

chocolate
  • ohtobe140
    Options
    Try just smelling it. Like if you have an empty Hershey Kiss bag, keep is folded up and when you want chocolate inhale the scent, close your eyes and really enjoy the smell. Smell is key driver in taste. If you can focus on smelling it and wait about five minutes, the craving with go away. It works for me. I don't even crave it anymore, ever. But every time I go back to it and then quit again, I do the smell thing for about a week and just gradually you find yourself not thinking about it as much. But I am one of the people that cannot have one small piece and be satisfied so it's better for me to avoid it.
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    There is NO substitute! And, why give up chocolate? It's one of those indulgences that isn't really that bad for you! As others have said, go with dark chocolate and savor it… I love ghirardelli Intense Dark Sea Salt Soiree. And, I forget the name of it, but my local co-op has this organic, fair trade dark chocolate bar with pieces of candied ginger… flippin' amazing!
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    sorry hon, no substitute for that one.
    not even sex.
    :/

Chocolate covered sex.
  • Izzwoz
    Izzwoz Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    To those of you contemplating cutting out chocolate (so silly), please send your chocolate reserves to me. Kthx.

Lol, can we share? Never enough chocolate in the world!
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Smashed up cauliflower mixed with cocoa powder
  • dawnp1833
    dawnp1833 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Bolthouse farms chocolate protein plus. It's a protein shake type thing. I keep it really cold and it's kind of like drinking chocolate milk or a chocolate shake.
  • ednawhatnot
    ednawhatnot Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone who says there is no substitute, however if it's just a hit of sweetness you are craving, I find that semi-dried prunes tend to hit the spot :)
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Smashed up cauliflower mixed with cocoa powder

:grumble: :angry: :grumble:
  • DefluffinMyStuffin
    DefluffinMyStuffin Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
    Try just smelling it. Like if you have an empty Hershey Kiss bag, keep is folded up and when you want chocolate inhale the scent, close your eyes and really enjoy the smell. Smell is key driver in taste. If you can focus on smelling it and wait about five minutes, the craving with go away. It works for me. I don't even crave it anymore, ever. But every time I go back to it and then quit again, I do the smell thing for about a week and just gradually you find yourself not thinking about it as much. But I am one of the people that cannot have one small piece and be satisfied so it's better for me to avoid it.
    My sniffer is the go to guy for deciding what to snarf. When it comes to chocolate...if I went around huffin' hershey bags I'd be fatter than I already am. i.e. ready for a TLC special about busting me out of my house.
    Awesome will power on you, sister!
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I accept no substitute.

I recommend going for quality over quantity here. Ration it if you need to.