Whats a good subsitute to chocolate?

Options

Replies

• jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Just curiouse, I love my chocolate but could do with a subsitute?

beets and peas.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    MOAR chocolate.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    Options

beets and peas.
    *horrified gasp*
  • LPJackson76
    LPJackson76 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    If chocolate is a substitute for sex ... then wouldn't the reverse be true??? Personally I prefer having both though ... and even better together ;)

^^ That ^^
  • MariaLivingFit
    MariaLivingFit Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    "Hot Chocolate"
    Shake up 1 c. unsweetened almond milk, 1 T dark cocoa powder, 1 packet truvia (or more to taste). Then heat on stovetop or microwave.

yummy and low cal way to drink your chocolate ;-)
  • notreallytrillian
    notreallytrillian Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    sorry hon, no substitute for that one.
    not even sex.
    :/

So true! I've tried to cut it out - but I still indulge in chocolate martinis from time to time. If I find myself craving sweets I try to have super ripe strawberries instead of chocolate.
  • cherylowen3133
    cherylowen3133 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Jello Fat Free Chocolate Pudding works in a pinch!!
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    You could try the old method of beating cravings... when you really feel like chocolate, wait 5 minutes and do something else. If you're still thinking about it after 5 minutes then indulge yourself with 1 piece (or serving), log it and move on. I really like Lindt truffles for this reason because you can buy just 1 of them by itself in most convenience stores and it's under 100 calories.
  • whitehairedguy64
    Options
    There is NO substitute for chocolate. Chocolate is at the top of the food pyramid and is essential for a healthy body and mind. It also contributes to a positive outlook. Gotta have chocolate!!!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    none, none, none, there is no substitute for chocolate (good or otherwise). There is also nothing wrong with a nice hunk of dark chocolate. If you're having a difficult time saying no, just say yes . . . to a reasonable square 75% or higher cocoa dark chocolate.
  • rainghirl
    rainghirl Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    How about buying a good quality chocolate with high cocoa content and just having a square when you really want it? This will only work if you're not one of those people who once they start the bar, cannot stop.
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Less chocolate

Yep, this all the way.
  • hazymary
    hazymary Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    chocolate covered strawberries, pears, or any fruit...yummy....or just have it moderation...carob in baked goods, low fat fudge bars.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I get the super dark chocolate and savor just a small bit of it with a cup of coffee.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options

beets and peas.

:angry:
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Ummmmm. . . drugs?
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    Options
    To those of you contemplating cutting out chocolate (so silly), please send your chocolate reserves to me. Kthx.
  • savlyon
    savlyon Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I'm ditching sugar currently. Someone suggested to me to make hot chocolate with just milk and unsweetened cocoa. The cocoa had no sugar and very little calories. It was pretty strong so it nixed the craving.
  • oohmercyme
    oohmercyme Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Chocolate is something I just refuse to give up (gave up chips, crisps, pizza, fast food, cookies, cake, and I don't drink). I have 1 or 2 squares of good quality dark chocolate almost every day- fit it into my calories for the day. I also refuse to give up my daily skinny latte at Starbucks.

Do we have to give up everything we love? I don't think so. A little bit of a good thing is a good thing!

Enjoy it!
  • GymAnJuice
    GymAnJuice Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    for a sweet tooth look up chocolate covered katie on pinterest, it's not a replacement for the good stuff but its got loads of healthy alternatives or maybe a low cal hot chocolate after tea? for an instant sweet fix i put runny honey over rice cakes, i'v pinned a few alternatives too if anyone wants to check them out?
    http://pinterest.com/lisaartlover/healthy-food/