Advice for eating out at a Mexican Restaurant.

Options
12346»

Replies

• Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    All I know is I'm leaving for a two week vacation in Mexico in less than two weeks, so I'll be eating out every night at a Mexican restaurant. And I'm not planning on watching my calories while on vacation. The food there is just so YUMMY! I know that if I get right back to logging and counting calories when I get back, the weight that I've gained will come off again. I feel like if you want to make this a lifestyle, you can't deprive yourself all of the time. An occasional binge can be good for the soul. Enjoy life.....eat Mexican!

When we went to Cancun a couple of years ago, we were warned NOT to eat at Mexican restaurants because it would make you sick? And that was by the locals!! We had asked around with locals and they all said the same thing :( We actually came home and that was what we ate for dinner that first night back!

I hope you have different results!!

/quote]

Thanks, but we go there (Ixtapa) every year and never have a problem. All of the restaurants cater to tourists, so they all have bottled water, and the food is wonderful! Seafood is so fresh, and everything is home made (including the chips and pico de galo). Just thinking about it is making my mouth water.

That is good to know :) I would have thought Cancun would have been the same way. It is very touristy. I was dissappointed in the lack of Mexican food, tho :/
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Fajitas, done.
  • Mamoonie
    Mamoonie Posts: 328
    Options
    I guess this thread just made me choose my lunch today:
    chips, strawberry margerita and chicken fajitas....<sigh>

Why did I even have to start reading?????
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I would have thought Cancun would have been the same way. It is very touristy. I was dissappointed in the lack of Mexican food, tho :/
    Perhaps they had a lack of what you consider to be "Mexican food", but I highly doubt that they lacked authentic Mexican food... in Mexico.