In need of some encouraging friends...after Day 3..:)

Options

Replies

• peter236uk
    peter236uk Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Its the only thing that has worked for me with out to much effort I have lost 39lb and can assure you I like my food and the odd beer. I started on the 28th August 2012.

I think the biggest thing for me is I have cut out alot of bread. I also count my calories it takes a while to get used to it but I can now how much most things are.

I would suggest some treats and eat to you target each day I do not eat all my exercise. I was on a target of 1790 per day this would lose me about 2lb a week and it seemed to work although some weeks I lost a 1lb others 3lb. I have now increased this to a 1lb a week weight loss giving me 2200 calories per day.

I walk alot and do some reffing for rugby owe. Feel free to add me or have a look at my diary all the best
  • peter236uk
    peter236uk Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Oh I always weigh myself every Monday morning naked first thing
  • k_diaz
    k_diaz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me
  • annicins
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week every Monday am!
  • elzuria13
    elzuria13 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I would love to be part of your support group. I'll send you a friend request.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    thank you all...you are great....I'm sure I can loose all that weight with you around.....:) Can I just ask....how often should I weight myself????

This is a tough one. I am a little too attached to my scale and weigh nearly every day, but don't always record gains/losses. I try to record my weight once a week and track fluctuations so I can see what works and what I need to improve on. One thing I would suggest is that you also take tape measurements and record those-the scale isn't always accurate but a change in body shape and how your clothing fits will tell you if you're on the right track!

I've been on MFP since March 2011, slacked off a bit this past fall, and now looking to drop the last few pounds, drop some body fat and stay healthy. I'm not new, but I love talking to new people.
  • Phoenixchichima
    Options
    feel free to add me. we can do this! anyone can add who wants
    I am on usually at least 6x wk & work at encouraging my mates.
  • dreamlessbeauty
    dreamlessbeauty Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey, this is my day 3 as well. How did you make the transition from eating bad to eating well? I have to find a way to make small changes I can maintain. I just looked at what all I'm putting in my body and its a bit overwhelming on how many calories I over eat :-(
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    I'm here to support and encourage add me if you would like :happy:
  • Onemoodycuss
    Onemoodycuss Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Always looking to support and be more supportive.
  • vkruithof
    vkruithof Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Add request sent. I'm on here almost every day encouraging. Every day logging. Good luck!
  • DanielleMercer91
    Options
    Good for you! add me as well :) i am new to MFP a!
  • jeckalynne
    Options
    new again, add me please
  • scoxjarrett1
    Options
    Anyone can add me as well I want to lose 20-25lbs. I am a busy working mom of 2. I would love to have more friends to encourage and help motivate myself!!! Good luck!
  • Juls207
    Juls207 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Not sure I'll be much help but I started last Saturday myself. I love MFP so far. I would love to get healthier and more fit by loosing 20-30 lbs this year. My kids are already in school but I never found time to do this for myself. WE can't quit...WE can do it!!!! Good Luck :):happy:
  • jnance82
    jnance82 Posts: 149
    Options
    Add me. I just had my third child 11/7/12 and I have 29lbs to lose.
  • lorie023
    Options
    I JUST JOINED MYSELF AND I NEED ALL THE HELP I CAN GET LOL.. I HAVE TRIED SO MANY DIETS NOW TRYING TO JUST EAT BETTER AND SMALLER PORTIONS AND TO EXERCISE MORE BUT ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GREAT...
  • HazyDaisyDoodle
    Options
    I need friends for accountability. I want to lose 80 lbs but planning on starting with 1. I quit smoking last year and this year is the year to take the weight off!
  • wildchild06241
    wildchild06241 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I downloaded this program to my Iphone last Friday. Joined a biggest loser contest at my gym (Curves for Women) on Thursday. Paid $20 and will have to pay $1 for every pound I gain. I get weighed once a week. Last Thursday at the beginning I weighed 137 which is heavier than I have been in 10 years. The result of Menapause, being over 50, various surgeries and illness. Well I decided the contest would be the ideal way to take off the weight and get back to under 120. (I am just under 5'3") So what will I do to lose? I am not inexperienced at weight loss. I increased my water intake, began eating breakfast again. Increased my intake of protien. Eat 5-6 times a day. And became more active. Although I was going to the gym 4 times a week and bowling 2 times a week I had still become passive at home and only ate 1 time a day on the weekend. So now more housework and better eating habits. I have already lost 4 pounds! Can't wait to be weighed in tomorrow! I love this program because it lets me know how much I can eat and how active I need to be to continue to lose.
  • gettingmeback2013
    gettingmeback2013 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I am working on losing 70, mom of 1! Feel free to add me!