Does anyone have Zumba results?

Options
I'd be curious to find out if anyone has any photos or before/afters due to Zumba!
Zumba is basically the only workout I do lately, and I'd love to see if it makes a significant difference. :)

Replies

• ScenicArchon
    Options
    im very intersted in seeing the reply's to this too, has zumba is all im doing as well. :)
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    me!.. started just walking and doing zumba, Ive added taebo and some other stuff now. I dont have pics here since im not home, but Ill add it later!

edit: wait, I found some.. Ive lost pounds since those pics, Im down to 130 now.

153mj2t.jpg

34f1bpz.jpg
  • healthydoseofglitter
    Options
    I went to a masters class and there was a special instructor there who lost 200lbs doing zumba only :)
  • thelaurameister
    thelaurameister Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I don't have pics...But I think Zumba is fantastic. It's fun and definitely works up a sweat. I was doing Zumba for awhile last year in conjunction with other cardio and lost 26 pounds, but lost motivation and gained it all back. That's my own fault though, not Zumba's fault. I'm back at in now, though. I really recommend getting Zumba Wii, I love it and I love the fact that there's an option to break down the dance moves so you can really get the full benefit from the motions :)
  • ebielou
    ebielou Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I don't have pictures, but my sister in law lost 70 pounds in a year just doing Zumba without even counting calories or anything.
  • deadbambi
    deadbambi Posts: 368
    Options
    Oh wow, all positive comments! Someone was trying to tell me that I'd lose no weight and gain no shape from doing Zumba only and that I needed to start jogging or adding variety in order to see results. It's nice to know that people actually gain progress from zumba!
  • CINNAMON77_00
    CINNAMON77_00 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba...no pictures, but definitely an awesome calories burn. I work out at 24 hour and there is a new class Zumba/Weights...I am very excited to try that one to get both the cardio and the weights in at once!
  • thelaurameister
    thelaurameister Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, all positive comments! Someone was trying to tell me that I'd lose no weight and gain no shape from doing Zumba only and that I needed to start jogging or adding variety in order to see results. It's nice to know that people actually gain progress from zumba!

No offense to whoever said this, but it sounds like they're kind of talking out of their butt in my opinion. If you asked them if they've ever personally tried Zumba, I'd bet money that they would say no lol. Don't knock it till ya try it! =)
  • Shevaun619
    Shevaun619 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    About 9 months ago, I started doing Zumba 4 days a week in conjunction with strength training and lost 50 pounds. I'm now a Zumba instructor myself and I love it! However, like anything else, it is good to mix it up with other forms of fitness to challenge yourself and keep the dreaded plateau at bay. If you wanna stick with Zumba there are different specialties that give a great caloric burn as well and help you strengthen and tone ( i.e Zumba Toning, Aqua Zumba, and Zumba Sentao). I haven't posted anything in a while but I'm about 20 pounds less than my profile pic now. Best of luck to you :happy:
  • snhopkin
    Options
    I only do Zumba once a week right now, as a fun supplement to my weekly routine. I would go more often but the class times only work for me on the weekend. My sister has been going for a couple of months and it is the only workout she does. She has lost about 10 lbs and that is without changing her diet at all. My once a week sessions kick my butt!!
  • threeohtwo
    threeohtwo Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba. I also think it depends on your instructor. I've had great instructors and great classes and then I've had classes that I hated and didn't feel any burn from them. The class I go to now is seriously intense but SO fun. If you don't like the first one you try go to another one. Each instructor is different!
  • christchick7
    christchick7 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I have cerebral palsy, am doing Leslie Sansone on a walker, and am beginning to find her earlier workouts(the more recent ones are
    still a challenge) too easy. I got Zumba Gold for variety and hopefully a challenge. Is there anyone here who is disabled or deconditioned and has done Zumba Gold? How did you learn to do it, and what kind of results did you get? Please confine your answer to Zumba Gold; I really doubt my body will ever be in shape to tackle regular Zumba. Thank you all very much. :)

Sue
  • bhopejones
    Options
    YES YES YES YES YES FOR ZUMBA!!!!!!!!!! Can you tell I love zumba??! haha.

Okay so seriously. I don't have any pictures, and I didn't have a WHOLE lot of weight to lose, but I absolutely ADORE zumba. It built my endurance up for, well, everything else I wanted to do! Plus it's actually FUN. I DID lose weight (about 8 pounds) and toned up everything, especially my arms which are such a problem area for me. Plus did I mention it's fun?! I'm working on becoming an instructor. I say "working on" because I'm waiting for the next training class to roll around within at least 200 miles of me! sheesh.

In conclusion: PLEASE try it. you can burn 500+ calories in a 50 minute session if you really get into it, which isn't THAT hard to do because it's so much fun. I promise. Go try it!! (:
  • ConstanceMarieRuff
    ConstanceMarieRuff Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Bump... I do Zumba on the Kinect and would love to see/hear everyones results. (: I can't say what has made a difference in my 17 pound loss because I switch it up a lot (because I get bored easily) but I am currently using Zumba Core and I definitely feel the soreness today from an hour of it 2 days ago. I love Zumba. It is fun and a great way to burn calories and not even feel like you are exercising. (:
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options

This person was making things up. I would even wager that Zumba is slightly better than jogging, due to the arm movements, but done at the same intensity, you will see similar results from most cardio activities.

My Wii Zumba just came today, I think I will get up,and give it a try right now.
  • deadbambi
    Options
    YES YES YES YES YES FOR ZUMBA!!!!!!!!!! Can you tell I love zumba??! haha.

Okay so seriously. I don't have any pictures, and I didn't have a WHOLE lot of weight to lose, but I absolutely ADORE zumba. It built my endurance up for, well, everything else I wanted to do! Plus it's actually FUN. I DID lose weight (about 8 pounds) and toned up everything, especially my arms which are such a problem area for me. Plus did I mention it's fun?! I'm working on becoming an instructor. I say "working on" because I'm waiting for the next training class to roll around within at least 200 miles of me! sheesh.

In conclusion: PLEASE try it. you can burn 500+ calories in a 50 minute session if you really get into it, which isn't THAT hard to do because it's so much fun. I promise. Go try it!! (:

Oh I DO do zumba! I have been going 3x a week for the past month or so and i LOVE it. I even did a Zumbathon! I Just was curious if major weightloss is possible by only doing Zumba. I agree, it's SO much fun. I drag all my friends. Love love love :)))
  • deadbambi
    Options
    Bump... I do Zumba on the Kinect and would love to see/hear everyones results. (: I can't say what has made a difference in my 17 pound loss because I switch it up a lot (because I get bored easily) but I am currently using Zumba Core and I definitely feel the soreness today from an hour of it 2 days ago. I love Zumba. It is fun and a great way to burn calories and not even feel like you are exercising. (:

I do zumba in classes AND on the kinect :D I love the zumba core, it's actually awesome! There's this one song though. Omg my sides hurt so bad from it. xD
  • wheretheresawilltheresaway4
    Options
    Hi,

I have been doing Zumba Core for 35 days now and as of last Saturday I have lost 16 lbs. After the first day I was addicted I love the songs. The more you do it the better and funnier it becomes my whole family even plays it now.
  • sher71481
    Options
    Does anyone have the Zumba for the Wii? Anyone know of any good DVD's to buy? I don't have the time or money to go to classes.
  • martinah4
    martinah4 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    About 9 months ago, I started doing Zumba 4 days a week in conjunction with strength training and lost 50 pounds. I'm now a Zumba instructor myself and I love it! However, like anything else, it is good to mix it up with other forms of fitness to challenge yourself and keep the dreaded plateau at bay. If you wanna stick with Zumba there are different specialties that give a great caloric burn as well and help you strengthen and tone ( i.e Zumba Toning, Aqua Zumba, and Zumba Sentao). I haven't posted anything in a while but I'm about 20 pounds less than my profile pic now. Best of luck to you :happy:

What is the Zumba Sentao? My instructor (the best in northern Colorado ;^P) is certified in toning, zumbatomic, aqua and gold. And now I'm hearing about Sentao...? She just added some toning/ab exercises to class Monday night (it was optional to stay), so maybe it has to do with core strengthening? I'll ask her tonight.

I've been doing Zumba for over three years, but I can't vouch for the weight loss, because I cut down from 3 days a week to 2, because of family and money. So, I think my weight loss was mostly from dieting. But, I can say that my endurance has increased! When I started, I could barely make it through a class. Now, I can do all the bouncy songs, and not lose my breath.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!