Does anyone have Zumba results?

Options

Replies

• CopyCat1978
    Options
    I'm not brave enough to go to a class yet. I recently bought Zumba Rush for XBox Kinect and it is fun.
  • martinah4
    martinah4 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have the Zumba for the Wii? Anyone know of any good DVD's to buy? I don't have the time or money to go to classes.

I have Zumba for the Wii. I like it, but I think most people who go to a class and do it, find the classes so much more fun. It really is like a big, sweaty dance party!
    My New Year's resolution is to continue going to my Zumba classes, but supplement with my Wii Zumba and Just Dance.
  • thelaurameister
    thelaurameister Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have the Zumba for the Wii? Anyone know of any good DVD's to buy? I don't have the time or money to go to classes.

I have Zumba Wii and it's awesome! Some of the songs are very challenging, but there is an option to break down the dance moves which I find helpful. You don't get that option in live classes. I recommend it to anyone who enjoys or wants to try Zumba!
  • Zumaria1
    Zumaria1 Posts: 225 Member
    Options

Hello! I have zumba Core for Wii! I love it, I do it about 4 days a week, started Nov. 28th, and so far have lost 8 lbs! I definitely recommend it, the songs are awesome, and you can choose single songs or full class or half class. I sweat so much I can wring out my headband after an hour. I easily burn over 500 in an hour, and around 350-400 in 30-40 min. I also like how I look toned,because of all the dance moves, you are also working your arms, abs, and of course legs. LOVE IT! :happy: :happy:
  • rosiereally2
    rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I'm not brave enough to go to a class yet. I recently bought Zumba Rush for XBox Kinect and it is fun.

There's no reason not to go! The classes are fun, and there should be people there of all levels, ALL of whom started as a newbie on day one as well.

Go for it! Then come back and tell us how you liked it.
  • SavageFeast
    SavageFeast Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I go to Zumba class at my gym every day for an hour (have been since October). I am losing weight and gaining strength/endurance from the classes and they are so much fun.
  • StephCoff1969
    Options
    Bump for later.
  • martinah4
    Options

I have Zumba Wii and it's awesome! Some of the songs are very challenging, but there is an option to break down the dance moves which I find helpful. You don't get that option in live classes. I recommend it to anyone who enjoys or wants to try Zumba!

I'd like to know if anyone has had results from the Zumba Ab/Core one?

My Zumba instructor cater's to the class, as far as the moves go. If it's a new song, she breaks down the moves before we start. If there are beginner's she'll do the low-intensity version of steps, but she'll show the advanced people the high-energy steps, too. Sometimes, she'll do a special class just to go over the different dance steps. I think it all depends on the instructor.
  • imaburnin
    Options
    Oh wow, all positive comments! Someone was trying to tell me that I'd lose no weight and gain no shape from doing Zumba only and that I needed to start jogging or adding variety in order to see results. It's nice to know that people actually gain progress from zumba!

I think that Zumba offers enough of a variety to prevent boredom, which I get from things like jogging. Because of knee problems, I can't jog without injury, but Zumba has been great for me. When I first started I noticed results (measurement changes) in two weeks. Best of luck to you!!
  • Inkchick
    Options
    I love me some Zumba!! I started at the end of August 2012 with 2 nights a week, then switched to 3 mornings a week after a short while, and starting this month I do class 3 mornings a week and Zumba Fitness 2 for the Wii at home 2 mornings a week.

It's fun, it keeps me moving and I definitely have seen a result myself and it has been noticed by others in my overall appearance and energy level.

I'm a Zumba addict ;) and if it keeps me motivated then it's perfect for me. I do prefer the class interaction over doing it at home on the Wii, but my BodyMediaFit armband tells me the workout is just as intense for me with the Wii as it is in class.
  • Goal_Driven
    Goal_Driven Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I've just started! So this is an interesting post! I'm glad to see positive responses too :) I'm just started on Zumba for Wii, trying to get down the moves and whatnot. I'm not a great dancer lol, so maybe one day I'll work up to an actual class lol! I'm hoping to see good results!
  • KelliA0628
    KelliA0628 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

What is the Zumba Sentao? My instructor (the best in northern Colorado ;^P) is certified in toning, zumbatomic, aqua and gold. And now I'm hearing about Sentao...? She just added some toning/ab exercises to class Monday night (it was optional to stay), so maybe it has to do with core strengthening? I'll ask her tonight.

I've been doing Zumba for over three years, but I can't vouch for the weight loss, because I cut down from 3 days a week to 2, because of family and money. So, I think my weight loss was mostly from dieting. But, I can say that my endurance has increased! When I started, I could barely make it through a class. Now, I can do all the bouncy songs, and not lose my breath.
    [/quote]

Sentao uses a chair and is killer core work out!!! I went to a Master's Class when it was first introduced to the chain of studios that I Zumba in. You should be able to search it on YouTube.
  • stephanie40403
    stephanie40403 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who isnt on here, but she started zumba at almost 300lbs, and within a year and a half she is 150, shes about 5'10
    Zumba and cutting out soda is really all she changed.
    She just got her zumba instructors liscense, and will be leading her first class Saturday. :)
  • martinah4
    Options
    I have a friend who isnt on here, but she started zumba at almost 300lbs, and within a year and a half she is 150, shes about 5'10
    Zumba and cutting out soda is really all she changed.
    She just got her zumba instructors liscense, and will be leading her first class Saturday. :)

That's so encouraging! Good for her!
  • martinah4
    Options

What is the Zumba Sentao? My instructor (the best in northern Colorado ;^P) is certified in toning, zumbatomic, aqua and gold. And now I'm hearing about Sentao...? She just added some toning/ab exercises to class Monday night (it was optional to stay), so maybe it has to do with core strengthening? I'll ask her tonight.

I've been doing Zumba for over three years, but I can't vouch for the weight loss, because I cut down from 3 days a week to 2, because of family and money. So, I think my weight loss was mostly from dieting. But, I can say that my endurance has increased! When I started, I could barely make it through a class. Now, I can do all the bouncy songs, and not lose my breath.
    [/quote]

Sentao uses a chair and is killer core work out!!! I went to a Master's Class when it was first introduced to the chain of studios that I Zumba in. You should be able to search it on YouTube.
    [/quote]

I wonder if that's sort of what we did on Monday night...not with a chair, but more like planking on the floor. Whatever it was, my abs are still groaning!
  • squinz
    squinz Posts: 136
    Options
    I think so! I lost a stone with 2 zumba classes per week and 1 aerobics. That was with cutting back on food too.
  • betrue76
    Options
    I have lost 21 pounds and 3 dress sizes so far doing zumba. I haven't changed much on my bad eating habits yet.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I've just started! So this is an interesting post! I'm glad to see positive responses too :) I'm just started on Zumba for Wii, trying to get down the moves and whatnot. I'm not a great dancer lol, so maybe one day I'll work up to an actual class lol! I'm hoping to see good results!

I just did it and found the beginner class easier than trying to learn the moves individually!
  • misstoridanielle
    misstoridanielle Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm such a zumba addict. It's honestly the only workout I do. I go 3-4 times a week and always switch up my instructors so I'm doing different dances. Recently I took my first Sentao class and it was killer! I'm hoping to take a few toning classes soon as well. With a 1300-1500 calorie diet, only water, and zumba I've lost 44 pounds! I started back in June of 2012.

fotoflexer_photo.jpg

Since my after picture was taken, I've lost 3 pounds.
  • TeraGC
    TeraGC Posts: 40 Member
    Options

I went to my first Zumba class last night and I felt so awkward and out of place at first - I met a friend, maybe she could sense the fear on my face but she started talking to me before class and I had fun ( it wasn't' the regular instructor) but they all assured me she's even better. Go - I promise, there will be someone older, heavier, younger, sillier or less coordinated than you and if won't matter but it is a great workout and today I'm sore.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!