Silly things you have done before a weigh in?

Options
What have you done in the minutes before a weigh in to ensure it is at its lightest? I brushed my teeth this morning first to ensure any overnight plaque buildup would not weigh me down...

Replies

• BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Taken my glasses off. Then I couldn't read my weight...
  • Rodderick89
    Rodderick89 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Dried my hair after a shower... don't want the water in my hair weighing me down ;)
  • FrankenBeanz
    FrankenBeanz Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    What have you done in the minutes before a weigh in to ensure it is at its lightest? I brushed my teeth this morning first to ensure any overnight plaque buildup would not weigh me down...

This made me chuckle - I doubt my scales would be sensitive enough to capture this.

I've sat for 20 minutes on the toilet in vain hpoe of shifting some...

Also for gym weigh-ins I've taken off my Vest top (layer between the bra and tshirt) and gone for thinner socks........
  • Flossie1981
    Flossie1981 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Taken my bracelet, watch, necklace and earrings off
  • IHAVEPMS247
    IHAVEPMS247 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    shaved my legs, lol. I thought that was funny, but brushing teeth is even funnier! Thank you for the morning giggle :).
  • susannahsutton1
    Options
    I am all over shaving my legs for next week. Brilliant!
  • collingmommy
    collingmommy Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I noticed my weight was up a little the few days before that time of the month, so 2 years ago, i was taking diurex pills to get rid odd the water weight, during that week, i kept headaches, and didn't pee yellow, it was orange and the scale only dropped by maybe a few ounces, lol.. I dehydrated myself! ! So, i won't do that no more!
  • oohmercyme
    oohmercyme Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I don't have a scale and weigh weekly at Boots (drug store). Since it's in public, I have to try to take off as much clothing as I can without getting kicked out of the store :blushing: Sometimes it's a bit risque.
  • Tebbspcad
    Tebbspcad Posts: 233
    Options
    All of the above! lol - i even arranged a hair cut the day before a weigh in too ....well you never know!
  • JasonsSoulMate
    JasonsSoulMate Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I don't have a scale and weigh weekly at Boots (drug store). Since it's in public, I have to try to take off as much clothing as I can without getting kicked out of the store :blushing: Sometimes it's a bit risqué.
    OK lots of these made me laugh, but this one made me laugh out loud!!!!! I can't imagine anyone standing in Boots stripping. The UK is sooooooooooooooooo conservative!!!!!

Personally, I don't do anything. I weigh what I weigh, I can't change that, I've proved it in the past by weighing myself pre and post bowel motion in the morning, it wasn't worth it, so I don't worry. I worry if the scales move the wrong way, but nothign special before I weigh.. Thanks for my evening giggles!!
  • macijojo
    Options
    I don't have a scale and weigh weekly at Boots (drug store). Since it's in public, I have to try to take off as much clothing as I can without getting kicked out of the store :blushing: Sometimes it's a bit risque.

i do this aswell lol i take coats/jackets off and my shoes and place them under my little girls buggy!! lol extreme measures lol
  • 2013queen
    Options
    well I only bought scales yesterday but yep, weighing was done in the buff with dry hair - first thing- and only will be from now on!

I lost a lot of weight years ago and would make sure Id erm "been" before I weighed too.
  • NataBee
    NataBee Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I've weighed completely stark naked to try and get the lightest weight... I even removed my hair pins and jewelery!!

The flattest surface in my house is the conservatory though and let me tell you it's a way too cold out there to be naked! Won't be doing that any more!! Frostbite in delicate areas is not my goal! :laugh:
  • susannahsutton1
    Options
    *adds note to self to take off engagement and wedding rings for next one
  • FrankenBeanz
    FrankenBeanz Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I'm so adding shaving my legs to my routine! :laugh:
  • lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Expelled all the air in my lungs, crazy but you never know ;)
  • Talus731
    Talus731 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I pretty much know what I am wearing weighs. But I still weigh myself clothed before my shower, then after go step on the scale again. Guess I am hoping that I have washed a few pounds more off. Never happens.
  • joy5877
    joy5877 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Dried my hair after a shower... don't want the water in my hair weighing me down ;)
    I have done this!
  • BettyandVeronica
    BettyandVeronica Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Taken my glasses off. Then I couldn't read my weight...

LOL hilarious

I breathe out and take off my earrings so as not keep any unnecessary air in my lungs....too heavy and all that.

oh and I try and clear my mind too...that seems to help.
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I've weighed completely stark naked to try and get the lightest weight... I even removed my hair pins and jewelery!!

The flattest surface in my house is the conservatory though and let me tell you it's a way too cold out there to be naked! Won't be doing that any more!! Frostbite in delicate areas is not my goal! :laugh:

I still weigh in stark naked..I figure my bra and pants MUST weigh something

...ermm I had my braids (in summer) removed to so I could weigh myself.
    Note: this took the family over 3hours to undo and another 5hours (back at the hairdressers) to get it all re-done :bigsmile: I'm not so extreme anymore