Silly things you have done before a weigh in?

Options

Replies

• angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Before going to the doctor's office to weigh in. Put my regular pair of pants with the 40 keys, change, and heavy objects in a bag and carried it with me to change into afterwards. I've weighed these before. They weigh 10+ pounds. I wear a different pair of jeans without all the stuff.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    http://jackfit.blogspot.com/2009/05/what-my-scale-might-say-if-it-could.html

What My Scale Might Say If It Could Talk:

Get off! Get off! Get off!”
    “Maybe you’re just retaining fat.”
    “They say any loss is a good loss. How’s about -.00001 lbs.?”
    “Here comes the pain!”
    “Round and round she goes, where she stops, nobody knows.”
    “When you lose, you take all the credit; when you gain, ya blame me!”
    “Looks like you’ve got Dunlap’s Disease. Your belly’s done lapped over your belt.”
    “Ummmmph!”
    “On the moon, you’d only weigh 43 pounds.”
    “Why don’t you try again… maybe it’ll be drastically lower.”
    “And you thought nobody saw you eat those chips…”
    “Good news: you’re still beating anorexia!”
    “Does this number make you look fat?”
    “Tippin’ is encouraged. Get it, get it? Tippin’ the scales… ah, you don’t know funny.”
    “Are you a glutton for punishment or just a regular glutton?”
    “For God’s sake–will you please put on some underwear?”
    “BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA….”
    “Let’s say we just call it two hundred and plenty?”
    “I’ve got an idea: today I’ll stand on you and call you a f*ckin’ b*tch.”
    “Say, are you losing weight?

Gets me every time :)
    All credit goes to Jack *kitten* Gett'n Fit Blog Writer
  • dryder7
    dryder7 Posts: 24
    Options
    take off my coat and shoes to weugh less.:happy:
  • dryder7
    dryder7 Posts: 24
    Options
    Thanx for the tip.
  • 78brownie_wechanged
    Options
    Tried to pee after I peed.
  • smilingalltheway
    smilingalltheway Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Expelled all the air in my lungs, crazy but you never know ;)

I do this!!

Me too..i can't make myself stop it
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    i get naked and use the bathroom first...
  • femme62209
    femme62209 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I take off my socks and sweatpants. I always pee right before! Sometimes, you know, I'll do ten or so jumping jacks just in case :) haha! This topic is making me smile :)
  • hamilton040
    hamilton040 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Love reading all these posts! I have to say I only weigh in once per week, same clothes as my initial weigh in, first thing in the am, and the scale must sit on the exact same square tile as it did the first time.
    [/quote

That's the absolute same as what I do!! Lol
  • SnazzyTraveller
    SnazzyTraveller Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I pee

:flowerforyou:
  • fullofsmiles04
    fullofsmiles04 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hahaha this is awesome. And I thought I was the only weird one who does some of these things ;))
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    These silly machinations are absurd.
    Just weight in.
  • MsDover
    MsDover Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning, after using the bathroom, disrobed. I also move the scale around if I don't like what I see, but that hasn't worked yet! I'm having a total hip replacement next week and yep... I googled to see how much it weighs! (1-2 pounds!!!). I might have to reconsider having this done! :noway:
  • shelbyarod
    Options
    LOL these are great

I always go to the bathroom first, then strip down to weigh myself; always before I eat or drink anything first thing in the morning.

I have the same exact routine!! LOL. Nice to know I'm not the only one! :laugh:
  • Khisalandra
    Khisalandra Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Not sure I've done any silly things before a weigh in... but reading some of the previous comments, some of them aren't silly.

It's a fact that your body absorbs moisture from a shower, even if you dry your hair afterward you're still going to weigh more because of the water the cells have soaked up in your skin.

I weigh myself first thing in the morning (after using the toilet and before the shower) stark naked. It's the truest indication of your base weight, I think. You fluctuate throughout the day depending on a lot of things.
  • barb_32
    barb_32 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Sounds silly but I lifted a foot off the scale, I know it doesn't make a difference. I also wear nothing and pee first.
  • deannajf4
    deannajf4 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I always weigh first thing in the morning with no clothes on and that in it'self is a little obsessive, HOWEVER, one morning we all woke up later than usual, and my son had to make it to school, so I ran downstairs to start breakfast and in my rush only realized I hadn't weighed yet when I put my first bite in my mouth - so I quick spit it out and rushed upstairs to weigh before breakfast!!
  • melbatoast917
    melbatoast917 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Umm... This is silly but not in a good way: I forgot it was weigh in and drank 32 ounces of water. That sucked.
  • 3RachaelFaith3
    3RachaelFaith3 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    drink a cup of coffee since its a diuretic. and then.... well you can imagine the rest lol
  • 3RachaelFaith3
    3RachaelFaith3 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Dried my hair after a shower... don't want the water in my hair weighing me down ;)

this really does add weight