Hubby request

Options
I just joined MFP and my hubby saw me on the site last night and he created an account. We both made a deal and said no friends of the opposite sex. He said he knows a woman at his work that is on here too and it's much more than a fitness site according to his co-worker. She said she gets hit on and propositioned daily and the women on this site flirt more than the men and most are married. Soooo, on that note, I will respect hubby's wish not to have any male friends. Any other women do the same?

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    "None! I have a life and don't need those Social Networks to run my life."

You're on here, aren't you? This is a semi social network.....................
  • mjoymarshall
    Options
    I'm married, but I'm my own person. My husband trusts me and respects my judgment. But then I don't hit on people...

AND NO ONE ON THE SITE HAS HIT ON ME.. BOOOOOOO! Just Kidding.. :smile:
  • Emily032389
    Options
    "None! I have a life and don't need those Social Networks to run my life."

You're on here, aren't you? This is a semi social network.....................

Yes, I can see that by the amount of posts you have. 3637!!! Wow! lol. :)
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    If I was that insecure I would just get a divorce. Are you allowed to speak to male coworkers at work?
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    If I was that insecure I would just get a divorce. Are you allowed to speak to male coworkers at work?

She cant reply to us or she will get spanked
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    My wife and I are both on here, and we both have mixed friends list.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Not me. My husband is very kind to me and easy-going and he trusts me completely. He knows I would never do anything to betray his trust, that is like gold to me. He trusts my judgement and has faith in me. I trust him as well and I deeply respect him and our marriage. MFP is primarily a fitness site but there are some people who use it to flirt and hook up with others. That doesn't mean YOU have to do that! A few creepers on here have tried to hit on me, bam BLOCKED. That's it, end of story. Don't be afraid to get to know different people! Some of my most interesting and supportive friends on MFP are men.

I wonder, do you and/or your husband have issues with jealousy or respecting boundaries? Do you feel a lack of control within yourself when it comes to the opposite sex? Do either of you lack impulse control or have poor judgement or reasoning abilities? If any of these are true, then it is probably a good idea that you limit your interaction with the opposite sex both online and offline.
  • LetsTryThisAgain54
    LetsTryThisAgain54 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I wouldn't listen to some of these replies. It's yours and hubby's marriage. If you have that much respect for each other, that's all that should matter. The worst thing you can do is post your personal stuff on here. You're going to get some wise-*kitten* replies, which is normal for some of these people.
  • _Peacebone_
    _Peacebone_ Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I think that sounds a bit strange and controlling, but if it works for you, it works for you. :flowerforyou:
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    Most of my friends are women because I like friends who are active on the forum and mainly chit hat on their feed. The sex of most of those people happen to be female. I also can't help it if those same interesting women happen to be beautiful.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I have a bunch of male friends on my FL and they are all respecful, as am I to them.

That's between you and your husband and certainly some things go on here with some people are that inappropriate for people in relationships. But not everyone on this site is like that.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Nope. I doubt she's getting hit on every day ( she's probably [1] bragging to your husband to make him see her as hot, or [2] lying to make herself feel better, or [3] she's encouraging it by playing around with the "how hot am I" threads). Plenty of very hot women have male MFP friends who aren't creeps. It's not "hitting on" someone to say "good job" or "looking good there, x!" She's probably flattered by a little attention and exaggerating to your husband, who is being a little insecure because he has imagined you getting hit on. If your husband is worried, then post a picture that isn't going to garner you a lot of unwanted attention, choose your male friends wisely, and stay out of the "I'm so hot, look at me" threads. Oh, and don't post naked photos of yourself in the "success" section.

My husband is on here, and he's way hotter than me. It ain't a thing.
  • Drussander
    Drussander Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I don't see the need for friends on this site. Most requests are collector requests anyway, and I'm just not here to socialize. I have other outlets for that.

The forums provide plenty of interaction and discussion, so use the site in whatever way best suits you.

If you don't want creepers, don't post photos of yourself. It's really that simple.

That said, your "Why I want to get in shape" entry reads:

"To look even hotter in my bikini this summer. I enjoy turning heads and watching the guy's GF look at me in envy. lol"

No wonder your husband doesn't trust you, LMAO. Also, based on the fact that you are both 24 and 33 years old, I'm thinking this post has taken it's "troll" on your credibility.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    I just joined MFP and my hubby saw me on the site last night and he created an account. We both made a deal and said no friends of the opposite sex. He said he knows a woman at his work that is on here too and it's much more than a fitness site according to his co-worker. She said she gets hit on and propositioned daily and the women on this site flirt more than the men and most are married. Soooo, on that note, I will respect hubby's wish not to have any male friends. Any other women do the same?

how YOU doin?
  • faireplay
    faireplay Posts: 126
    Options
    your profile kind of contradicts this post...and are you 24 or 33?
  • itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    LOL, that's kind of ridiculous. Does he also limit the friends you can have in real life?
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    If you don't want creepers, don't post photos of yourself. It's really that simple.

I dig the neckless faceless blue people I see alot on here. I always wonder why mods dont take their pics down, as they are obviously shirtless. I everytime I see one I try to add them and ask "how they doin" but they never reply :sad:
  • susannahsutton1
    Options
    If you want relationship advice, don't post for it on this site. It will only end badly...
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I've never been hit on on here. Maybe it's because I'm overweight.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Lol.. no. It's a little thing we call trust. You guys might wanna try that you know, since you're married?