Hubby request

Options

Replies

• wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    just want to note - she said her and her husband made a deal.

she does not say that it was her husband's idea, or insistence.

Edit - oops, she does with the thread title. by mistake,
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    If you are not married or in a relationship, many things revolve around pairing off. If you are unhappily married or in an unhappy relationship, there is motivation to find someone else. That's how a fitness oriented site can seem like much more than just fitness. Plus, there is a segment of MFP users that have really nice bodies.
  • sakuragreenlily
    sakuragreenlily Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I wouldn't listen to some of these replies. It's yours and hubby's marriage. If you have that much respect for each other, that's all that should matter. The worst thing you can do is post your personal stuff on here. You're going to get some wise-*kitten* replies, which is normal for some of these people.

THIS

However... do take note that this really good advice appears to have come from a guy(?)

:)
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Seems a bit extreme. My wife and I are both on here with pics and we both have friends of the opposite sex. She gets "looking hot" comments all the time. I'm not getting jealous of an avatar.
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I wouldn't listen to some of these replies. It's yours and hubby's marriage. If you have that much respect for each other, that's all that should matter. The worst thing you can do is post your personal stuff on here. You're going to get some wise-*kitten* replies, which is normal for some of these people.

That's the thing, there is NO respect or trust being shown.
  • tonyacoursey
    tonyacoursey Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I have only women friends on this site. That is of my own choosing. My husband and I don't have trust issues so if I wanted to have a male friend on here I could. I just feel that I couldn't be as open talking about somethings if I had a male friend.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    "I enjoy turning heads and watching the guy's GF look at me in envy."

i give it 10 minutes before there is a duck face pic on the OPs profile
  • byeachmoment
    Options
    It is what you make of it ...
  • OptimisticlyOptimistic
    Options
    Maybe I'm just sad and pathetic - but I don't get hit on, so her making that blanket statement is sort of bunk. I have male and female friends. *shrug*
  • beckarini
    beckarini Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I've been hit on by various 'headless men'... but their messages get deleted and their FR get deleted too!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    plenty of people have gotten hit on using this site, but I think some of that has to do with how you present yourself. Some people like to flirt. If you don't, don't. I've received emails saying nice things, but for the most part, it hasn't gotten out of control.
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    personally, I think that is stupid...really, life is full of all kinds of experiences. I have several close friends, some real life ones, and some men AND women that I flirt with. ...it's just fantasy, you know THE INTERNET. It isn't like I can hook up with a guy across the country from me. My bf knows, I often share some of the funnier stories with him...he doesn't give a cr**.

Have I been hit on? yup, its fun...but it is still just fantasy, I'm a big girl, I know how to take care of myself. And I rarely give my phone number out..so wth?
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    About Me

Well, y'all know my name lol. I'm 24 years old and I am 5ft 3in and weigh 118 lbs. I am here to maintain and just to tone. I lost 10 lbs in the last 3 months and want them to stay off.
    Why I Want To Get In Shape

To look even hotter in my bikini this summer. I enjoy turning heads and watching the guy's GF look at me in envy. lol
    My Inspirations

I haven't filled this out yet.

So...are you 33 or 24? And if your goal on here is to make other women jealous, what is the point? I detect trolling.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'm just sad and pathetic - but I don't get hit on, so her making that blanket statement is sort of bunk. I have male and female friends. *shrug*

Same here... Only once since being on here. Maybe I just don't notice it? But I don't care.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    And I rarely give my phone number out..so wth?

Looked you up on google - I am parked outside your villa right now MUAHAHA
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    "None! I have a life and don't need those Social Networks to run my life."
    You're on here, aren't you? This is a semi social network.....................
    Yes, I can see that by the amount of posts you have. 3637!!! Wow! lol. :)

She was actually quoting you in the first sentence above. That was a comment you made when asked about having a Twitter or Facebook. She's pointing out the irony of you now using MFP as a social network.

Reading your profile, your husband may have good reason not to trust you. Your deceptive about your real age and your goal is to have other women's men stare at you.
  • FitFrazzle
    Options
    Got the popcorn ready. Ready for this one to get good! I love a good trolling topic #itsgonnakickoff
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I am single so this doesn't apply to me. I would think if my husband was so insecure not to trust me with male friends. then that is not a good thing. he would remind me of my dad being a control freak.
  • CassieRoark
    Options
    I just joined MFP and my hubby saw me on the site last night and he created an account. We both made a deal and said no friends of the opposite sex. He said he knows a woman at his work that is on here too and it's much more than a fitness site according to his co-worker. She said she gets hit on and propositioned daily and the women on this site flirt more than the men and most are married. Soooo, on that note, I will respect hubby's wish not to have any male friends. Any other women do the same?

how YOU doin?

LMAO!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    "I enjoy turning heads and watching the guy's GF look at me in envy."

i give it 10 minutes before there is a duck face pic on the OPs profile
    Or it's deactivated.