Hubby request

Options

Replies

• Slack2ShortGo
    Slack2ShortGo Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    My wife and I respect each others privacy and trust each other enough to have friends of the opposite sex on our social network sites. With that said, I do have more female friends on MFP. I think this is mostly due to the fact that women are more social and motivated to lose weight and in my experience they are more supportive than men to help you lose on MFP. If you and your husband have a strong relationship, any flirting or advances by members of the opposite sex will flatter you, but not warrant grounds for a jealous battle between you and your husband. Good luck to each of you on your weight loss.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Based upon the name of the thread, I thought some broad was looking for a husband.
  • Lalouse
    Lalouse Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    My husband is not on MFP but I came on here with good intentions and still have them. The vast majority of my friends are female, although a few very nice (but not flirty) guys -- who sent reasons with their friend requests -- are in there. There are some pretty creepy dudes on here though, and I've got no problem rejecting friend requests. I always accept female friend requests; I usually don't accept the male friend requests, although I'm comfortable with the few guys I have accepted.

Do what makes you happy, girl. That coworker is right though; there's a ton of flirting and all kinds of things going on but you don't have to be part of that.
  • monjacq1964
    monjacq1964 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    no. i trust my husband. and he trusts me. that's ridiculous. if i get hit on, i shut it down.
  • Lalouse
    Lalouse Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Anyone tries to hit on me I unfriend them...plain and simple.

and I totally agree with this!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Emily032389 has deactivated their account.

33093811.jpg
  • monjacq1964
    Options
    this is a direct quote from your profile. "To look even hotter in my bikini this summer. I enjoy turning heads and watching the guy's GF look at me in envy. lol"

maybe this is why your husband won't let you have male friends. And it surely won't get you many female friends!

your reasons to want to get fit are very shallow!

to be fair, looking good naked is one of my reasons to get fit.... but thats for the benefit of MY husband! not everyone elses!

burnnnnnnnn.....
  • Bex2Bslim
    Bex2Bslim Posts: 1,092
    Options
    So MFP is not real life then???:noway:
  • twistedlefty
    Options
    Seems a bit extreme. My wife and I are both on here with pics and we both have friends of the opposite sex. She gets "looking hot" comments all the time. I'm not getting jealous of an avatar.

spot on, treat it as a compliment, if it goes further than that after a polite rebuff, then block the idiot(s)
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    this is a direct quote from your profile. "To look even hotter in my bikini this summer. I enjoy turning heads and watching the guy's GF look at me in envy. lol"

maybe this is why your husband won't let you have male friends. And it surely won't get you many female friends!

your reasons to want to get fit are very shallow!

to be fair, looking good naked is one of my reasons to get fit.... but thats for the benefit of MY husband! not everyone elses!

I agree. But I don't want to make others envious. The second part of her comment is spiteful, IMO
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Well, this was fun, but it ended too quickly.....kind of disappointing.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I'm married, but I'm my own person. My husband trusts me and respects my judgment. But then I don't hit on people...

^^^ This

I have several male friends on my FL. Love and trust go hand in hand, imo.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options

I'm getting fit just to turn heads in a bikini - do you judge me?

FitBeto, please send me a photo of yourself in a bikini. I will be very happy to judge you.
  • heypurdy
    heypurdy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Personally, I don't understand that rule. My boyfriend will sometimes joke and say, "who's that guy?" but other than that he doesn't care who I'm friends with on here. He knows I'm on here to lose weight and not to flirt with other guys. I've never been "hit on" on this site before, but I don't present myself in those situations or post on those forum posts. I'm sure there are some creeps on here that do flirt but all of my friends on here are great and here for the right reasons. If you're on this site to flirt, you will get hit on. If you're not, then you won't.
  • mandyneedtolose
    mandyneedtolose Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    This is an internet site. It is what it is. Some days its drama, sometimes its "the love connection", but really you are in control of it. And you make the choices of what you want it to be and what you don't want it to be. I think that your husband shouldn't be so insecure. If you love him then why would you try to flirt, or internet "hook up" with someone else! I am here to lose weight and make some totally awesome friends along the way. Male or female friends are friends. Actually some of my closer friends are male!! :) Hope you get out of this site what you are looking for .. because used correctly it is totally awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) xo
  • FitbeTMF
    FitbeTMF Posts: 251
    Options
    I just joined MFP and my hubby saw me on the site last night and he created an account. We both made a deal and said no friends of the opposite sex. He said he knows a woman at his work that is on here too and it's much more than a fitness site according to his co-worker. She said she gets hit on and propositioned daily and the women on this site flirt more than the men and most are married. Soooo, on that note, I will respect hubby's wish not to have any male friends. Any other women do the same?
    Bf didn't ask but I do it on principle. There is NO reason for me to have strange male internet friends.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I just joined MFP and my hubby saw me on the site last night and he created an account. We both made a deal and said no friends of the opposite sex. He said he knows a woman at his work that is on here too and it's much more than a fitness site according to his co-worker. She said she gets hit on and propositioned daily and the women on this site flirt more than the men and most are married. Soooo, on that note, I will respect hubby's wish not to have any male friends. Any other women do the same?

He saw you create an account so he did too....speaks volumes, he wants to keep tabs on you on the site, how sad. This is not respect or love it's controlling.

Are you allowed to speak or look at men in RL?
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Bf didn't ask but I do it on principle. There is NO reason for me to have strange male internet friends.

Hey we almost have the same name - can we be friends so I can stalk your profile in hopes you add more than 1 pic and so that I can also keep tabs on what you do and eat everyday FOR THE REST OF YOUR MFP LIFE?
  • monjacq1964
    Options
    Well..I don't know about the rest of you but now that this fun and games are over with, I am going to go back to propositioning the women and flirting with the married men.

hey cutie.. wink wink..... lollolololoolol
  • monjacq1964
    Options

strange males on the internet are my favourite kind of people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!