• shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    bump
  • hatethegame
    hatethegame Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    bump
  • You are a genius. I'm not even kidding.
  • TinaBean007
    TinaBean007 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • rachietuk
    rachietuk Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    bump
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    @OP - Great recipe idea that I definitely want to try. Also, when your profile pic is very small, it looks like you have a pet lion :)
  • CynthiaCollin
    CynthiaCollin Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Wasn't sure if I was going to like protein shakes....so I went in my husband's stash of Whey Protein...he had bought chocolate... not the tastiest stuff I have ever tried...so after several tries I found a way I enjoy it...

1 scoop of chocolate protein (120 cals)
    1 cup of coffee cooled (0 cals)
    1/4 cup 2% milk (30 cals)
    1 tsp Splenda
    Ice

Total Cals : 150 cals

I mix it in my Magic Bullet.... it makes it nice and smooth. The protein fills me up, I get my cup of java... it actually taste pretty good.... a great way to start off my day !
  • Camken0310
    Options
    Wow that sounds really yummy! Do you know the total cal. for the shake?
    I started strength training at the gym today and saw everyone with their protein shanks and I was like
    I really hateeeee protein shakes but I felt left out or like I was doing something wrong so Im really glad that\
    you shared this info!
  • Vonnie2006
    Vonnie2006 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    This very well may be my dinner tonight! Thanks for sharing.
  • ijavagypsy
    Options
    Sounds really good!
  • CSueB
    CSueB Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    THANKS! Tthe pudding sounds like an excellent addition. :)
  • jvheel
    jvheel Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • timarii
    timarii Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    pudding is processed isnt it? Im just asking because Im trying to eat clean but looking for protein shake ingredients with low sugar. I usually make pina colada shakes but the banana and frozen pineapple add so much sugar.
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    pudding is processed isnt it? Im just asking because Im trying to eat clean but looking for protein shake ingredients with low sugar. I usually make pina colada shakes but the banana and frozen pineapple add so much sugar.

I would say yes because if you look at the ingredients - it even has cocoa processed with alkali - I just did a google, cause I was curious too.

The only thing I know for lower sugar is frozen fruit that would naturally be lower in sugar or just plain water and ice. I add a litle instant coffee to my chocolate to make it like a frozen coffee drink. I don't usually worry about the sugar if its in real food like fruit.
  • jlfoster0427
    Options
    Can you make this in a blender cup? If so I'm making it with my chocolate protein powder and vanilla pudding :)
  • ladyrider55
    ladyrider55 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    After my Work out I made this up for myself (I didn't have any protein powder on hand):

1 Cup frozen fruit (I used Dole mango/pineapple) or replace with 1/2 frozen banana
    1/2 Cup fat free plain yogurt
    1 Tablespoon raw natural Wheat Germ
    2 Tablespoons Cold Milled Golden Flax Seed
    1 Tablespoon Clove Honey
    1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Put all in Food Processor or Blender to mix. Pour in a glass and enjoy!
  • jkwpdx
    jkwpdx Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Now this sounds delicious. Saving this version for sure.
  • Camken0310
    Options
    OMG I tried this and YUMMY it is so good!! I used cheesecake pudding and vanilla protein mix and in the cake icing section I pick up a packet of white choc, raspberry icing flavoring (10 cals.) And it was HEAVENLY!!! :)
  • badzoe
    badzoe Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try this. Sounds yummy.
  • gdadki
    gdadki Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    bump