What's your response when you get dumped?

Options

Replies

• animefiend7
    animefiend7 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Well having been a door mat, I never got dumped. I mean who dumps someone they can wipe their feet on? So with some counseling, I grew a spine, then became the dumper.

The last guy, Billy, I dated before my current husband (21+yrs). So we had a pg scare, he told me "if your not pg, Im leaving you!!" my response "it doesnt matter if Im PG, we are done, NOW. I packed up what little I had at his house and left.
    In fact Joe the guy before that, told me he wanted to marry me, but I had to quit school and stay home to raise his 6 mo. old son (never mind I have 2 little ones of my own). I told him to never talk to me again, if he saw me walk the other way, loose my phone number and drop off the face of the earth. lol

Then I made a list of what I was looking for in a man. If they didnt meet the list, I dropped them. Funny enough, the first guy I dated after my list is now my husband. The best lover I have ever had, my best friend. I should tell you, he is NOT the type of guy I would usually date.

When Billy came back and tried to get me back about a year later, I was engaged. He demanded to know who to. I just told him, You know the Cherried out Camero you would go out of your way to check out and lust after? He said ya, I told him I would be driving it in a few months.... (hahaha I love it.) . We no longer have that camaro, but now have an electric blue one. :)

There are so many fish in the sea, I figured I wouldnt lust after any. The list helped me alot. It had things on it, like He should be in a career or just out of college with a phd. lol (26 at the time I think that was realistic).

A PhD? Omg, I feel like such a slacker...I'm only 23, and I have 3 years to get a PhD????? STUDY ALL OF THE BOOOOOOOKS!
  • KatyCrum6969
    KatyCrum6969 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m8ef22jMHz1rpusifo1_500.gif
    LOLOL.
  • mlclarke22
    mlclarke22 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    dumped? I dont get dumped..Im usually the dumper!
  • KatyCrum6969
    KatyCrum6969 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Can we get some less attractive and picky people here please!? D:
  • cloe31
    cloe31 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    For me it's usually a mutual decision.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Can we get some less attractive and picky people here please!? D:

you are a lego lady!!! :bigsmile:
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I am usually pretty devastated and don't say much. I prefer to deal with it myself later.
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Usually I go out and make bad decisions. Hello drunk tease at the bar.

That was me!!! oh so bad...
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize we were together?

LOL

Oo! that one will do some damage! love it!
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    doesn't happen, i'm always the first to bolt.
    This ^^
  • amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Thanks for letting me know? haha dont know been married too long and only had 2 boyfriends before him and I did the dumping but if i ever did get dumped thats probably what I would say lol.
  • Junken_Diraffe
    Junken_Diraffe Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    My fiancé dumped me after two and a half years, on the phone, about a week after I left for school. I said, "I just feel bad for you. I'm gonna be okay. But you're never gonna find anyone as good as me."

I would have included this ~~> :flowerforyou: and a "bless your heart" if it were on here!

ETA: a few weeks later, I walked up to this acquaintance who was older, ridiculously hot, and soooooo far out of my league it wasn't even funny, and said, "Hi, my fiancé just dumped me. Wanna be my rebound?" That lasted for the next year or so. Who knew THAT would work?! :laugh:
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    "Just don't drunk dial me."
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Mostly drunk dialing and stalking. Lots and lots of stalking. Maybe some heavy breathing.
  • Evachiquita
    Evachiquita Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    The last one? 32 years old, dating for 5 months. When I asked about the status of the "relationship" he bolted.

My response? I'm sad for him that he can't commit. Happy for me that I figured it out early enough. I learned a lot from my time with him. Cut him out of Facebook, GChat etc. and start with someone new.

Apparently I tried to have a bit of this conversation too early in the relationship. Really all I wanted to know was whether he was seeing other people or not; I didn't want to know or commit to anything more than that. But it sort of scared him. We are now taking a step back to see where things are. Oh, and we have a "day time only" relationship now. Ha!
  • BowaBowa
    BowaBowa Posts: 162
    Options
    Use the pain as motivation to workout even more than before! You'll be happy with the results:flowerforyou:
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I was always the dumper not the dumpee. I always kept it short and sweet. This isn't working. We are over.
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    The last one? 32 years old, dating for 5 months. When I asked about the status of the "relationship" he bolted.

My response? I'm sad for him that he can't commit. Happy for me that I figured it out early enough. I learned a lot from my time with him. Cut him out of Facebook, GChat etc. and start with someone new.

Apparently I tried to have a bit of this conversation too early in the relationship. Really all I wanted to know was whether he was seeing other people or not; I didn't want to know or commit to anything more than that. But it sort of scared him. We are now taking a step back to see where things are. Oh, and we have a "day time only" relationship now. Ha!

OMG! A "day time only" relationship? He is just hurting himself with that one!
  • Luvmesumkenny
    Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    YOUR LOSS!!!
    NEXT!!!
    Ive only been dumped once..... And I just got revenge and Slept with his Girlfriend... WINNING!!!
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    It was a very long time ago. Now he regrets it.

But at the time I just kind of moved on with my merry little life.