What is wrong with people??!!??!?!?!

Options

Replies

• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    A SHOCKING new weight-loss solution promises...

couldn't make it past that part.
  • triathlete5301
    triathlete5301 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    In other words a surgical eating disorder.
    Exactly what I thought! Smh
  • Fat2Fit145
    Fat2Fit145 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Bulimia for the lazy.

THIS!!! X 10000... SMH
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    ....i dunno what to say....other then this is just wrong on sooooo many levels!!
  • dreamer722
    dreamer722 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    That's just another method of bulimia in my maybe not-so-humble opinion. Dean Kamen is better than that. He's done a lot of things for medical science (not just the Segway). It amazes me. People have lost all sense of right and wrong any more and depend on outside things to fix all in their lives that they don't have enough brains and will-power to do on their own.
  • RDawn7
    RDawn7 Posts: 38
    Options
    You can have the same effect if you just vomited after eating and save tons of money. These capitalist who invent **** like this are targeting those people who already have eating disorders of one type or another. Way to make money and keep everyone unhealthy.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    What is so "new" about this invention? It sounds like a typical gastrostomy tube (g-tube) which has been used for people with severe GI issues for many years.
  • jooonesy
    jooonesy Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Ewww
  • heatherreif
    heatherreif Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This is so disturbing and sick. Why the heck would people want to do something like this?? so they can sit on the couch, eat all day and watch t.v and still lose weight. 1-2 lbs per week?? Eat right and be a bit mobile and BAAMM you will lose that without this horrific procedure and lifestyle.. Oh my goodness...
  • amselby81
    amselby81 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Vomiting is so much easier and cheaper with the same side effects both positive (thinness) and negative (nutirion deficiencies, damage to your body physically etc.)

PS: I don’t advocate either fyi but thanks for sharing such a strange invention.

I was thinking this! Puking is free. If I REALLY wanted to binge and purge, why would I pay thousands of dollars to do it this way? I'm not saying that it's okay eat and throw up. I'm just saying that eating and throwing up basically does what this procedure does. Just w/o spending all the money.

Seriously, anyone who thinks this procedure is a good idea needs help.
  • gkwatra
    gkwatra Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    It reminds me of a "reverse" feeding tube. So many people have feeding tubes because they really need the food and nutrients and are not able to get it otherwise. However, using this mechanism to expel food OUT of your stomach to lose weight ... completely f&*#ed up. :noway:
  • bcattoes
    Options
    You can have the same effect if you just vomited after eating and save tons of money. These capitalist who invent **** like this are targeting those people who already have eating disorders of one type or another. Way to make money and keep everyone unhealthy.

It wouldn't be the same as vomiting. Vomiting habitually or routinely is very damaging to the esophagus. One of the biggest risks of bulimia is stomach bile eating through the esophagus, which can be deadly.
  • MaryLaura83
    MaryLaura83 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Wow.
  • srl32000
    srl32000 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Wow!

Seems very extreme and a little gross but at least it is another choice...
  • bcattoes
    Options
    It reminds me of a "reverse" feeding tube. So many people have feeding tubes because they really need the food and nutrients and are not able to get it otherwise. However, using this mechanism to expel food OUT of your stomach to lose weight ... completely f&*#ed up. :noway:

Feeding tubes can be used to pump food in and/or out of the stomach.
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Actually, I used to joke about such a device.
    This is ABSURD!
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTHjEBqO_QAXuOAraFSljHAYh5Hd6PK1yvYFApp-aNeNSVWOcxi
  • irjeffb
    irjeffb Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I think this device is terrible for the future of humanity. However, I secretly wish I had invented it. That guy's gonna be rich! :)
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I want to have my cake and digest it, too!
  • cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Wow! All the upsides to bulimia, without all the bad breath and dental problems. :noway: