Anyone else at a desk all day?

Options
124»

Replies

• Deedsie
    Deedsie Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Go to the rest room and take a quick nap. Set your alarm for 15 minutes.

Eat whatever veggie you can stand to eat raw and without dip. I like bell peppers, mushrooms and cucumbers.

Exercise over lunch.

Drink unsweetened black teas.

Drink water.

Get more sleep at night.

ETA: the rest room at my work is not a restroom. LOL- it is a small dark room with a couch and 2 recliners for resting. You aren't supposed to use it for more than 30 minutes.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Wondering what I can do to not want to snack or sleep. I walk on my breaks then im back behind the desk. Any suggestions? :laugh: Desk Workouts? Anything?

I just walk on my breaks, then do strength training at home.
  • mcshoelovin22
    mcshoelovin22 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Wondering what I can do to not want to snack or sleep.

I fantasize about punching coworkers/clients that bring delicious pastries/baked goods that I can't fit into my diet.

My co-workers are vultures so I dont have to worry about anything being left over that our vendors bring, but I would enjoy punching a few people......a couple times
  • wavdawg4
    wavdawg4 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I've got a desk job :)
    I drink tea and water, sometimes coffee. When I'm good I'll bring in fruits and veggies and hummas. I also try and use the workout room during my lunch, when it's sunny outside I'll walk around the complex. Right now it's too cold for my liking to even go outside. :/
    I tend to fidget A LOT.. which I used to view as a bad thing but honestly it's movement. My coworker has some weights she uses sometimes when she's bored or on the phone, she also has a hula hoop she uses for super dead time.
  • Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Some friends and I take those challenges off Pinterest....like the "January Squats Challenge" where you do 20 squats on Day one and increase by 5 every single day. You can break them up into two, or four, or even six segments. By the end of the month you'll have 100 squats in and you can move on to a different challenge, like pushups, or wall sits, or lunges.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Wondering what I can do to not want to snack or sleep. I walk on my breaks then im back behind the desk. Any suggestions? :laugh: Desk Workouts? Anything?

Coffee, tea or diet soda to keep me awake
    MFP to relieve the boredom
    I get up and takes frequent breaks and walks around the office
    Been known to bust out some yoga moves in the bathroom
    WATER WATER WATER
  • RMCossel
    Options
    I work in a call center so cannot get away from my desk, but I will do clench exercises. I will clench my abs in between calls, then the next break I will do butt clenches. Then I will sit on the edge of the chair and extend my legs straight out using my abs and leg muscles to keep them up. I also always use the stairs when I have to go somewhere and I will usually do them twice. It doesn't take much longer and it is a better exercise. For the snacking, I have a water bottle I keep as well as healthy snacks. Sugar free gum and mints are also good. Not a lot of calories, but something for your mouth to do
  • mcshoelovin22
    mcshoelovin22 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the great advice. I walked to Target on my break and got some sugar free gum and a half gallon water bottle to walk to the fountain and fill up so I can Drink, Post, Pee, and Repeat!

Really apprciate all the responses guys
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    I work in a call center so cannot get away from my desk, but I will do clench exercises....
    I will do butt clenches
    Kegels, anyone? :flowerforyou:
    ...something for your mouth to do
    :blushing:
  • junipearl
    junipearl Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I work in an office!
    best thing for not focusing on snacking/sleeping is...................... WORK! lol
    the busier I am the less, I need distractions.
    i always bring something low cal to snack on just in case though, so I have an option other than junk.
  • Mitzigan94
    Mitzigan94 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    desk cycling will do. :)