How do I stop eating snacks after 6pm?

Options
I have a BAD habit....I get this feeling of wanting a snack in the evening after 6ish. I eat a balance dinner and throughout the day I manage what I eat. What can I do to help to control this?

Replies

• nack_23
    nack_23 Posts: 154
    Options
    I have a BAD habit....I get this feeling of wanting a snack in the evening after 6ish. I eat a balance dinner and throughout the day I manage what I eat. What can I do to help to control this?

Willpower. Or always choose a healthy snack. Carrot sticks or some type of veggie.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    What time are you going to bed?
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Sew your lips shut. o.k. - not funny, but the only way I know to stop is STOP.
    Most of us have some bad habit we are fighting. My worst hours are from about 2-4 PM. It helps if I can get away from the kitchen and get busy, but most of the time I'm stuck right here, 10 steps from the kitchen, doing my transcription job.
  • RotterdamNL
    RotterdamNL Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Take a photo of yourself half naked and place it on the place where you snacks are.
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    why cant you eat after 6?
  • lunarescape
    lunarescape Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with eating after 6? I hate going to bed hungry. It doesn't matter when you eat as long as you stick to your calorie goal. The whole "eating right before bed is bad thing" is a myth.
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Just make it a healthy snack!
  • krislshoe
    krislshoe Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I dont think you need to stop snacking after 6..if you are hungry then eat...allow yourself extra calories at the end of the day for that night time snack...many evening i have a 100 calorie bag of popcorn and an orange or apple and i still consistently lose weight...just keep it within your daily calorie goal:)
  • nack_23
    Options
    drinking water may help also. eating after 6 is just fine.
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    Brush your teeth. Everything tastes like *kitten* afterwards.
  • nack_23
    Options
    What's wrong with eating after 6? I hate going to bed hungry. It doesn't matter when you eat as long as you stick to your calorie goal. The whole "eating right before bed is bad thing" is a myth.

its not a myth if you eat crap before bed.
  • stfuriada
    stfuriada Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    why cant you eat after 6?

This. Meal timing is irrelevant. Calories matter.
  • notreallytrillian
    notreallytrillian Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Brush your teeth. Or go to sleep.
  • Bethbr00tality
    Bethbr00tality Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Healthy snacks only in the house. Or willpower.
  • Bethbr00tality
    Bethbr00tality Posts: 36 Member
    Options

Not a myth if you eat most of your calories before bed.
  • MrsTaryn
    Options
    Brush your teeth. Everything tastes like *kitten* afterwards.

Exactly what I do :-) . I find it such a waste to eat again after ive brushed my teeth.
  • nack_23
    Options

Not a myth if you eat most of your calories before bed.

YEP
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Don't keep foods in your house that you could potentially eat too much of. The only things I have in my kitchen that don't have to be cooked prior to eating are vegetables, Greek yogurt, and blueberries. I am not likely to binge on any of those things.
  • SunshineDecember
    SunshineDecember Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean - even if I'm not at all hungry after dinner, I'll still wanna snack. I usually make sure I have a few cals left over so I can have a little something. And otherwise I just stick to low cal snacks, like celery and carrot sticks. And drink bucket loads of tea. Haha.

&& for the comments about meal timing being irrelevant, for me, it has nothing to do with meal timing. If I was actually hungry I would have no problem eating a whole meal at midnight. The thing is, I'm not hungry, just got that insatiable snacky feel - drives me up the wall! haha.
  • hisclove
    Options
    It's not a myth. Calories are energy. If you provide your body with energy you body needs to use that energy to burn it off.
    If you eat before you go to bed without exercising, then that energy isn't utilised.
    Good snacks for the evening are clear chicken soups / broths.