Woman Named Beautiful Existence to EatOnly Starbucks for aYr

Options
124»

Replies

• thekyleo
    thekyleo Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Forks Over Knives proves, scientifically, why a vegan lifestyle is best.

/end thread

:heart:

u mad bro?

"bro"???? Are you suggesting supertracylynn is a man or a tranny? lol :huh:

apparently you don't know meme's
  • corneredbycorn
    corneredbycorn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    But - she seems to have blown it already?
    With all the talk of tea, food and recipes I was more than ready to walk over to the Evolution Fresh store and grab dinner. Tonight I grabbed some hard-boiled eggs and an Ancho Chili Chicken Collard wrap. I swear, every new bite is a new favorite of mine from Evolution Fresh. The wrap was delicious, simple and filling with only 200 calories to boot!

http://1yearofmylife.wordpress.com/2013/01/10/tea-time/
    Well that lasted like two seconds...
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    With all the talk of tea, food and recipes I was more than ready to walk over to the Evolution Fresh store and grab dinner. Tonight I grabbed some hard-boiled eggs and an Ancho Chili Chicken Collard wrap. I swear, every new bite is a new favorite of mine from Evolution Fresh. The wrap was delicious, simple and filling with only 200 calories to boot!

Evidently, they are owned by Starbucks. She allows herself tazo teas on the same principle.

It is what will make this possible.

Still a stunt, but she seems to pull a new one every year.
  • astrylian
    astrylian Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    My ex boyfriend's uncle was the guy who lost 80 pounds eating nothing but McDonalds. He acts like it was only a stunt to prove his wife wrong, but it is painfully obvious that he simply sought the attention. Now he's back to his hefty size, and trying to prove that you can become obese by only eating vegetarian foods.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/06/20/virginia-resident-chris-c_n_108280.html

This woman seems similar, in terms of sensationalism, veiled under feminism.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of really dumb women out there. I'd wager an equal number to the number of stupid men.

Hmmmm, fair point. Maybe the difference is motivation to act on that stupidity. Hence my new slogan - "Men! A more motivated brand of stupid."
  • hdlb
    hdlb Posts: 333 Member
    Options

Evidently, they are owned by Starbucks. She allows herself tazo teas on the same principle.

It is what will make this possible.

Still a stunt, but she seems to pull a new one every year.

That is soooo cheating. Thats not eating AT Starbucks at all. I'm confused by this lady, I don't get the point of it at all, except attention.
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    My ex boyfriend's uncle was the guy who lost 80 pounds eating nothing but McDonalds. He acts like it was only a stunt to prove his wife wrong, but it is painfully obvious that he simply sought the attention. Now he's back to his hefty size, and trying to prove that you can become obese by only eating vegetarian foods.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/06/20/virginia-resident-chris-c_n_108280.html

LOL you can get obese eating vegetarian foods... candy bars.. carrot cake<-- haha... candies.. soda pop.. lmao.. Hes brilliant. :noway:
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

LOL you can get obese eating vegetarian foods... candy bars.. carrot cake<-- haha... candies.. soda pop.. lmao.. Hes brilliant. :noway:

There's quite a list of "accidentally vegan" junk foods at PETA if he wants to really up his ante.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of really dumb women out there. I'd wager an equal number to the number of stupid men.

Hmmmm, fair point. Maybe the difference is motivation to act on that stupidity. Hence my new slogan - "Men! A more motivated brand of stupid."

^You selling T-shirts?
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    What a moron. Feminism activists can be so annoying.

I was going to say how annoying that she even calls this feminist. It has nothing to do with feminism at all. So please check your stereotypes at the door.

Oh wait, this is MFP.

On the original subject, I am quite sure that after a year of nothing but starbuck's she'll be more fat than she is now. Starbucks adds extra sugar to their drinks, and I can only imagine they do similar things to their food. Plus, there isn't much in terms of healthy options there. Breakfast lunch and dinner, eh? Good luck with that one, "Beautiful Existence"....
    I know! I once got a cheese, fruit and almond thing and it was SWIMMING in added sugar!

ok. I'll be more specific. I used to go get soy lattes there. But it was always ridiculously sweet. When I asked if they added a syrup, they said no. When I asked what kind of milk they used, they said Silk Soy Milk. The same kind I buy at the store? Nope. It was Silk Soy "specially formulate for starbucks" milk. Three times as much sugar as the vanilla silk soy milk ya get in the store.

You may trust a company like that, but I don't.

ETA: the staff kept insisting it was the same vanilla silk soy milk i buy in the store until i insisted I read the nutrient label. OUCH!
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    220px-Oolong_the_Rabbit's_last_performance_(2003).jpg

haha! Hey look--it's a rabbit with a waffle on his head! What was this thread about again?
  • Lainn
    Lainn Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    "Hall said she starts her day off with oatmeal and a black coffee (145 calories); her lunch and dinners are either a "bistro box" (a snack pack of cheeses, breads and fruit) or a panini, which would be between 220-460 calories, MSNBC estimated. "If I go on a bike ride, I can come back and have a brownie!" she said. (That's around $16 a day, not including that good behavior $2.25 brownie, according to a Virginia-area Starbucks barista."

A bistro box is actually 400-500 last time I checked.
    At $15 a day (for nice, round numbers), that's about $450/month for food for ONE person.

For my family of 4 (I'm a runner, and my kids are quite active as well: ages 9, 8, and 4) I spend less than $100/wk (usually $80-95).

Let me state that plainly.
    She's paying $450/mo to feed ONE person.
    I'm paying $400/mo to feed FOUR people.

I spend $400 a month to feed SIX people....I can't imagine dropping that much a month for processed foods.
  • Lainn
    Lainn Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Well, I made the mistake of going to her blog, and it appears she was saying you had the McDonald's guy and Subway Jared doing these "challenges," so where are the women to show what impact these places have on the female population?

I always figured that only men did these 'challenges' because women typically have more common sense. Always an exception to the rule, I guess.

Amen sista!
  • astrylian
    astrylian Posts: 194 Member
    Options

Indeed - he primarily wanted McDonalds to sponsor him, like Jared...but it is painfully known that while you might lose weight eating McDonalds, you will still be consuming horrible macros. McDonalds never offered or contacted him about the little stunt, but he definitely was on various news sources for a while.

I would never put crap in my body on a longterm basis simply for publicity or money. Some people, however... :noway:
  • lizlkbg
    lizlkbg Posts: 566
    Options
    But did you guys see that rabbit with the waffle on its head? It's a RABBIT but with a WAFFLE on it's head!!
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    But did you guys see that rabbit with the waffle on its head? It's a RABBIT but with a WAFFLE on it's head!!
    I have a sneaking suspicion that it was photoshopped, but no proof what so ever.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

The voice in my head that said this totally made me day. :laugh:
  • lizlkbg
    lizlkbg Posts: 566
    Options

The voice in my head that said this totally made me day. :laugh:

WTG VOICE!