Gym fail blog

Options
Have you ever done something humiliating at the gym and looked around in hopes no one saw?
Details please...we could all use a good chuckle.
My hubby smacked his head on the rack as he stood up he said it hurt like hell but acted like it didnt

Replies

• Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    when I first started going to the gym I decided to try some squats with two 20lb dumbbells, did a few reps then someone managed to fall over backwards. I am very graceful :blushing:

Happy to report I now do squats in the power rack with heavy weights :tongue:
  • jujulamb
    jujulamb Posts: 195
    Options
    Lol once I wore my gym pants inside out and its not like they were not noticable.
  • rlmiller73190
    rlmiller73190 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I was running on the treadmill at the gym, rocking out to my tunes when I started to sing along with this catchy song in my head. After a few minutes, I fell off the treadmill. I started laughing at myself and the cute guy next to me asked if I was okay, saw I was laughing, then laughed at me too. I got back on the treadmill but decided to focus on what I was doing rather than rocking out..
  • LGrill27
    LGrill27 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    This happened Monday. I got off work, went to the gym. Changing out of my work clothes into my jogging pants I thought one of legs felt odd. No biggie it must be bundled up from being in my gym bag. Two minutes later running on the tread mill a pair of my underwear pop out of the bottom of the leg and shoot back onto the floor! ARGH! I’ll never dry gym pants with socks & underwear again.
  • cyberiarob
    cyberiarob Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I was bench-pressing on a day when my lifting partner wasn't with me. Couldn't finish the last rep, had to tilt the bar to the side so the weight would slip off. Pretty loud when it hit the floor!
  • jujulamb
    Options
    This happened Monday. I got off work, went to the gym. Changing out of my work clothes into my jogging pants I thought one of legs felt odd. No biggie it must be bundled up from being in my gym bag. Two minutes later running on the tread mill a pair of my underwear pop out of the bottom of the leg and shoot back onto the floor! ARGH! I’ll never dry gym pants with socks & underwear again.
    LMAOOOOO THATS AWESOME!!!!!! We all need to learn to laugh at ourselves more often.
  • jujulamb
    Options
    These are all awesome! keep em comin
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I was on the treadmill watching America's Funniest Home Video's and it was cracking me up. I was going pretty fast and I started laughing so hard I actually fell off. So embarrassing.
  • emacb123
    emacb123 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I dropped a 25lb plate on my foot.

MAN, did that hurt! I jumped up and down a couple of times and then limped out of the room pretending to just walk it off.

I don't think anyone saw, but who knows.

I did get caught flexing my muscles and looking at myself in the mirror, though. That was embarrasing.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    I was running on the treadmill at the gym, rocking out to my tunes when I started to sing along with this catchy song in my head. After a few minutes, I fell off the treadmill. I started laughing at myself and the cute guy next to me asked if I was okay, saw I was laughing, then laughed at me too. I got back on the treadmill but decided to focus on what I was doing rather than rocking out..

I did something similar! I tend to zone out on the spinning bike and the elliptical, and I did the same on the treadmill when I first started running. I flew off the back and skinned my shins on the belt. Fortunately there were only 3 or 4 other people in the whole gym at the time so I wasn't too embarrassed! :laugh:
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Lol once I wore my gym pants inside out and its not like they were not noticable.

I've done that with shirts before. Darn it!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options

I'm pretty sure this one wins! Most awesome!
  • jujulamb
    Options

I'm pretty sure this one wins! Most awesome!
    I know I cracked up when I read it....You all have to watch this video this is totally something my sister and I would do.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ih_Icb1Ie7I
  • soph501
    soph501 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I was on a treadmill for the first time in my gym and my mp3 player fell off the ledge of the console. It rolled off the tradmill belt and I pretty much fell off trying to retrieve it while it was still moving. Then I smacked my head on the towel dispenser as I got back up.... I now have an armband for my ipod whilst running.
  • Carfoodel
    Carfoodel Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I was on the rowing machine once and was coming up for breaking my PB - so went hell for leather and my feet came flying out the stirrups and I went shooting off the back of the rowing machine and my trainers were still sitting in the stirrups - I was mortified.

The rowing machine I was on was partially hidden by a pillar so I got up retrieved my trainers from the rowing machine and tried to walk away casually but kept on laughing at myself -so although no-one saw me - they did see me coming from behind a pillar crimson faced laughing like a loon., I never went near the rowing machine for weeks after that.
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    Back July/Aug I intend to conquer my fear of venturing into the male dominated weight section of the gym. I amp myself up, I have my set list, I have my towel, water and my pumped up adventurous attitude. Get started, do my warm up.

Make it though my first two sets (perhaps because there was no one there). I swallow my inner irrational fears and move forth. Into the den of muscled men; the free-weights wall. I grab what I need and start.

I start thinking ::I’m gonna do this…this isn’t so bad::

And then it happens

FOURTH LUNGE IN, I LITERALLY TIP OVER (like a cow in the country)

(OMG)

I wanted to cry...I b-lined it to the locker room and didn't recover, defeated I went home.

Cut to now...I am trying every vist to lean and lift. It's slow coming, but I want my "after" story.
  • kylieannfran
    kylieannfran Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I was running on the treadmeal and caught my head phones with my hand. My iphone fell onto the belt and shot behind me.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I was trying to figure out where I should start out weight-wise for squats. I put a little too much on - can't remember the amount, doesn't matter... - got down, started to come back up, fell backwards. CLANGGGG!!! Luckily, I was in the power rack and had the bars set up correctly, so everything was OK. A couple people looked over, so I just shrugged - at least I knew my limit!
  • lindaamarie
    Options
    Embarrasing things happen to me all the time haha. This week was in our zumba class at gym, we had to do lunges with shoulder presses. I was trying to concentrate so much on lifting my weights that I lost my footing and fell backwards in our packed class.
  • McChubbyruewho
    Options
    There have been many times were people have come up to me and told me I was doing a work out wrong, thats kinda akward