Gym fail blog

Options

Replies

• jujulamb
    jujulamb Posts: 195
    Options
    Can't think of any for myself, but I did feel bad for the poor guy who was walking around the gym with the poo stain on his shorts. I just couldn't bring myself to use any of the machines that he'd used. I was afraid of getting the poo on me! Someone pointed it out to him and he's like, "Yeah I know, but I still got one more set..." WTF? :noway:
    OMG ewwwwwwww :laugh: :huh:
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I had my favorite black workout pants that fit likea glove, I wore all the time at my gym while my hubby was stationed in Japan.
    He came home from christmas and we hit the gym with my amazing black pants. We started to squat and he kindly informed me that my lovely black pants were SEE-THROUGH!! So everyone at the gym has seen my butt for a few months lol
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I tried to lift a sandbell above my head and ended up hitting myself in the face with it. =D
  • lorihalsted
    lorihalsted Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I was doing sit ups on an incline bench and my feet got caught somehow in the bar and I couldn't get out of the incline position without help. It was bad embarassing!!! But funny when I think of it today!
  • BriskaPacojame
    Options
    Bump, because it's funny :)
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    hehehe all reasons I workout at home - that and I have gas when I work out lol
    I can let it out at home
  • jujulamb
    Options
    hehehe all reasons I workout at home - that and I have gas when I work out lol
    I can let it out at home

Hehehehehehe You are awesome!:heart:
  • amann_84
    amann_84 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Doing a set of squats one time and didn't have the little clamps on that hold the plates in place. Well the weights on the left side worked their way off the bar and needless to say instantly the weights right side fell off also. I had about 225 lbs on the bar so it made a little bit of noise when the ground and definitely got everybodies attention in the gym! haha
  • maddogg82
    maddogg82 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    This happened to me yesterday.. so im on the teadmill working out.. breathing hard cus its a really good work out.. and i kinda have the sniffles but im not sick .. its just allergies anyway im breathing out of my mouth when i finally start breathing through my nose and POP.. a big ol.. bugger bubble comes out and pops... HAHAHAHa.. the guy next to me totally saw it .. i just grabbed my towel and wiped my face.. thank God i had a towel.. woopsi
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I had a drier softener sheet hanging out of the back of my shorts during my entire workout. As I was leaving (after being there for almost an hour) a nice young girl said, "Oh sir, there's something stuck to your pants".

Awesome.
  • sphomphak
    sphomphak Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    omg that is good one!! Thanks for sharing.
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Doing a set of squats one time and didn't have the little clamps on that hold the plates in place. Well the weights on the left side worked their way off the bar and needless to say instantly the weights right side fell off also. I had about 225 lbs on the bar so it made a little bit of noise when the ground and definitely got everybodies attention in the gym! haha
    Been there, done that.
  • basslinewild
    basslinewild Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    When I first started going to the gym, my iPod always fell off the elliptical and treadmill. Now I use an arm band.
  • jujulamb
    Options
    I had a drier softener sheet hanging out of the back of my shorts during my entire workout. As I was leaving (after being there for almost an hour) a nice young girl said, "Oh sir, there's something stuck to your pants".

Awesome.
    I wasnt at the gym when this happened but once I went skating with my friends and skated around the rink 3 times before someone told me I had tissue fluttering in my pants behind me as I skated..and here I thought the boys were checking me out :indifferent:
  • basslinewild
    basslinewild Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Can't think of any for myself, but I did feel bad for the poor guy who was walking around the gym with the poo stain on his shorts. I just couldn't bring myself to use any of the machines that he'd used. I was afraid of getting the poo on me! Someone pointed it out to him and he's like, "Yeah I know, but I still got one more set..." WTF? :noway:

Gross!!
  • Today414
    Today414 Posts: 118
    Options
    Not sure if it's funny or not? (Was not funny to me at the time!!!)

I used to bring 2 -3 bath size towels with me to my classes. One for for me and the others were for the floor!! I used to sweat so much I left puddles on the floor. I needed to wipe them up so that people would not slip and fall!

Waaayyy better now! But back when I was beginning my struggle this was part of my every class humiliation.

Another not so funny fail moment from the same class. The class was Capoeira (A Brazilian martial art that is not so well known). The local class was relatively new so the local news paper sent over a reporter/photographer for a profile on the class and my teacher. After setting up an action shot of the class, the guy stood up and called out to me to move to a corner of the room that was obviously out of the frame of his shot. Yup, getting fit is challenging! :-)

I have a thing that I can do a Capoeira class through... did you like it? what's it like?
  • DrHeadBang
    DrHeadBang Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I took a friend to a new pilates class a couple years ago. She had never done it and I had only done the videos in the privacy of my own home. We got there early and hid in the back of the class so we wouldn't be in the way. A little while later the instructor comes in and what we thought was the back was actually the front. Like right in front of hte teacher. She had to ask us to back up so she'd have room. And since the room was now packed we couldn't sneak into the back to hide.

It had to have looked pretty hilarious to everyone behind us over the next 40 minutes. I wasn't even wearing appropriate clothes and my shirt kept riding up and showing off my gut in front of everyone. We couldn't keep up for any of it and the other students could transition like it was nothing. At one point my friend just laid down and looked kind of dead except she was wheezing out of breath. I tried to do every pose but I must have looked like an *kitten*, falling over or being unable to get up into position.

I stick to weights and cardio at the gym and do my pilates at home.
  • hollyk57
    hollyk57 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Recently I was working out at my gym, and just finished on the bike. I wanted to cool down by walking around the track a few times. Part of the track runs right in front of the bikes. I cut in between the bikes, stepping over the long metal box/cover that hides all the bike wire/tv cables and stuff... fail. I caught right my foot/toe of my shoe on the edge of the box, flipping the top of it - it made a really loud crashing slam sound, and then, after feeling retarded, I spun around to go on the track and cartoonishly, and as if in slow motion, I nearly plowed down 'Mr.Fitness' (who he thinks he is) who was running on the track. He looked at me like I was a complete moron and trotted away.

In other news, I saw a chick at the gym once, using the elliptical, and she tried to be all cutesy for this guy next to her and did this weird skip think on the pedals.... she accidentally kicked the back cover (that's over the gears and stuff, which went flying off, and then she slipped and fell off. I was embarrassed for her, but still laughed anyway ;)
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    My roommates fav story... ugh this one is def embarassing! I was in the studio working out with her and my stomach was just a disaster! We were the only two in there until this woman came in and started doing Yoga and meditation. We were jumping around and doing crunches... well, we decided to do the ab work where you hold onto the persons ankles and they push your feet (can't remember the name)... anyway, I let out a huge fart (I'm so embarassed typing this!)... she was in a headstand and fell over and a group of people walked in for a tour of the 'new gym'. I almost died!
    The Army has the next person in line hold your feet while doing situps for PT tests. I had a lot of sugar free candy the day before and we all know what that does to a person' digestive system. Poor Scott...he still won't forgive me for that day...
  • Today414
    Today414 Posts: 118
    Options
    When I first started going to the gym, my iPod always fell off the elliptical and treadmill. Now I use an arm band.
    I NEVER had this problem... until last night. It happened 3 times. I was pissed.